Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• seth plum said:

Will Aribo be sold in January?

He's probably being actively shopped for cash upfront as we speak.
  • edited October 2018

Admin.....any chance of putting one of your short summaries up....can't be arsed going through all the pages since I last looked at this thread (23rd Aug)....cheers.

Just read the first page again, nothings changed really.

Just a lot of bollock casting, dick waving ITK stuff that has barely rang true, some poetry, fish puns and a disgraceful act of microwaving a pot noodle,
  • Addickted said:

micks1950 said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Can I pick the mic up yet or shall I leave it on the floor

Fucking Aussies I shit em

Though if the delay is due to an unrealistic asking price then they’ve done the right thing. No one should overpay for the club.

If we were worth £35m/£40m or whatever is it he wants someone probably would have paid it by now.
    Then they never should have agreed in The first place.
    What exactly have they agreed? I’m not certain any party has ever agreed a price.
    The joint statement was pretty clear, wasn't it?

Their contact on this board also stated several times the deal was ready to go through, several times, you don't get to that stage without agree a price.

In my opnion They always planned to drop their offer at the last minute, assuming douchbag would have no choice but to accept, however, we know RD was furious at this and point blank refused.
    He was 'furious' with Fawaz and broke of negotiations with him because of the 'breach of trust' of posting a picture of his tour of the Valley on social media.

Yet he's still involved with the Aussies who you suggest agreed a price and then tried to 'low ball' him with a premeditated price drop at the last minute?
    So why did his team welcome the Aussies with open arms in full view of the public at the play off games. Is their NDA different?

Don't buy the tweet line myself. It didn't say he was trying to buy the Club, just showed he was there - could have been for a myriad of reasons.
    Like selling Peter Varney’s billboard for him?
  • No-one should lose sight of the Aussies' clearly-stated plan, with regards to communicating where they are in the deal:

We remain hopeful of being able to conclude a deal in due course but we will not be making any statements or comments until a deal is completed.

Better that than un-trusted half-truths, obfuscation and exaggeration from the other side.
  • Chizz said:

No-one should lose sight of the Aussies' clearly-stated plan, with regards to communicating where they are in the deal:

We remain hopeful of being able to conclude a deal in due course but we will not be making any statements or comments until a deal is completed.

Better that than un-trusted half-truths, obfuscation and exaggeration from the other side.

I think that if Lieven De Turck's repeated claim that "The Australians still have to lodge a few documents with the EFL. They haven’t done this yet" seriously misrepresented the position of the Australian+ 'bid' then they would be likely to break their 'vow of silence' to correct it.

I think it's also interesting that De Turck's most recent report to the Fans Forum adds to what he's said before: "They have said they are working on it and they are confident they will do it. It is worth noting the group is now not just ‘the Australians’ but it is ‘the Australians and groups linked to the Australians’".

"Confident" is a step forward from the "hopeful" in their own last statement that you quote (choice of words can be significant in these type of situations).
  • _MrDick said:

I’ve completely lost interest in all of this.

im pretending thats the case but cant stop myself checking daily!
  • I had a full head of hair when this aussie takeover started,its taken that long I am now as bald as a coot
  • I had a full head of hair when this aussie takeover started,its taken that long I am now as bald as a coot

Would that be a 'bandicoot'?

• Sponsored links:

• My guess is the Aussies and Roland agreed a price. It was gonna go through around play offs time or sooner (done deal), then some of their investors pulled out, perhaps due to lack of promotion prospects due to post Xmas slump and then through the play offs failure?

The Aussies don't want to walk away, as they have already spent loads on their bid. The line about "efl documents" could therefore be a way of buying the Aussies time to get new investors in - it seems sufficiently vague.

If Bowyer and Jackson can maintain a promotion push then I predict it may go through with the Aussies at the end of the season, unless Roland changes his mind and wants another stab at the championship or another buyer comes in (both of which seem unlikely).

All conjecture and probably been said already in here, but that's my guess.

I just hope Roland sees the merit in strengthening the defence in January, as he has most other areas looking strong on the footballing side in my opinion.
  • Just read FF meeting review on castrust website. Makes me understand why Mr Seed has disapppeared off CL.
  • My guess is the Aussies and Roland agreed a price. It was gonna go through around play offs time or sooner (done deal), then some of their investors pulled out, perhaps due to lack of promotion prospects due to post Xmas slump and then through the play offs failure?

The Aussies don't want to walk away, as they have already spent loads on their bid. The line about "efl documents" could therefore be a way of buying the Aussies time to get new investors in - it seems sufficiently vague.

If Bowyer and Jackson can maintain a promotion push then I predict it may go through with the Aussies at the end of the season, unless Roland changes his mind and wants another stab at the championship or another buyer comes in (both of which seem unlikely).

All conjecture and probably been said already in here, but that's my guess.

I just hope Roland sees the merit in strengthening the defence in January, as he has most other areas looking strong on the footballing side in my opinion.

but let's also hope nobody comes in for our players

• Report of new prospective buyer from Belgium with poltical connections who has the perfect credentials for dealing with Roland.

What a bummer!
  • A watched pot never boils. As soon as everyone forgets about it, it’ll seem like it happens quickly. Stressing, analysing and worrying doesn’t help.

• He's got some cheek!!
  • The famous five go to the valley to buy an infamous old football team but they shout lower, lower, but the old shit weasel shouts higher higher.
    Impasse number 1314.
  • edited October 2018

Here is the trust's report on the takeover discussion at the fan's forum.
    It's a more informative read than the OS.
    I still think the most likely delay is that the Aussies haven't got the funds, albeit that the agreed price, is no doubt too high.

If the Aussie consortium had the cash months ago and had agreed the price (both parties said they had agreed).
    Why hasn't the sale been completed and why are the Aussies no longer the Aussies, but are Aussies plus others ?
    https://www.castrust.org/2018/10/takeover-update-2/

I thought we more or less knew the answer to that at the time that papers were first submitted to the EFL.

I can't remember who, but a poster on here said that a contact within the EFL had told them that there was a problem with one or two of the 'Aussies' investors having interests in other clubs?

That in itself is obviously worrying as you would expect a group of business people with professional advisers to have been fully familiar with the EFL's regulations and made sure that they met before submitting the takeover for approval - but it does fit with what we've been told since about the Aussies needing to submit some 'additional documents' to the EFL and also why the 'consortium' may now be the 'Aussies plus others'.

• Sponsored links:

• micks1950 said:

I still think the most likely delay is that the Aussies haven't got the funds, albeit that the agreed price, is no doubt too high.

If the Aussie consortium had the cash months ago and had agreed the price (both parties said they had agreed).
    Why hasn't the sale been completed and why are the Aussies no longer the Aussies, but are Aussies plus others ?

I thought we more or less knew the answer to that at the time that papers were first submitted to the EFL.

I can't remember who, but a poster on here said that a contact within the EFL had told them that there was a problem with one or two of the 'Aussies' investors having interests in other clubs?

That in itself is obviously worrying as you would expect a group of business people with professional advisers to have been fully familiar with the EFL's regulations and made sure that they met before submitting the takeover for approval - but it does fit with what we've been told since about the Aussies needing to submit some 'additional documents' to the EFL and also why the 'consortium' may now be the 'Aussies plus others'.

Precisely.
  • micks1950 said:

I don’t believe that to have been the case. My understanding is that the investor/s withdrew because the price didn’t stack up.
  • micks1950 said:

I don’t believe that to have been the case. My understanding is that the investor/s withdrew because the price didn’t stack up.
    That would also fit with the Aussies needing to submit some 'additional documents' to the EFL, and also with the suggestion that the 'Aussies' may have been trying to renegotiate the price?

But if, as De Turck claims, the 'consortium' is now the 'Aussies plus others', that suggests that they've found some replacement investors, with the possibility that they may be prepared to meet whatever the originally 'agreed' price was (which must have been 'agreed' at some point otherwise surely the takeover wouldn't have been submitted to the EFL for approval).
  • Any takeover gossip today?
  • Any takeover gossip today?

Apparently the Aussies(&pals) have faxed the EFL today stating that they will send the remaining paperwork as soon as Bum Steers loan is cancelled....
  • micks1950 said:

That in itself is obviously worrying as you would expect a group of business people with professional advisers to have been fully familiar with the EFL's regulations and made sure that they met before submitting the takeover for approval
    - but it does fit with what we've been told since about the Aussies needing to submit some 'additional documents' to the EFL and also why the 'consortium' may now be the 'Aussies plus others'.

Earlier this season I heard an interview with, I believe, the Eastleigh CEO (?) about their former owner who purchased Sunderland. The EFL were unhappy because, although he had sold the club completely, in order to prevent a difficult financial situation for Eastleigh, he wanted to remain responsible for paying the contracts of recently purchased players. This wasn't a third party ownership issue and he wanted no control over the players or club but the EFL would not allow it.

Maybe 'ownership' is a little more complicated than we imagine.
  • edited October 2018
    Anus? He’d probably give owning the club a good crack.
  • It was ready to be finalised but Steer kicked it half a yard short of Pearce so they called it off.
  • micks1950 said:

are you saying Airman that the aussies have withdrawn there offer as far as you know ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!