Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• An eternal transition. Just like Brexit will be.
  • Have to say, I’ve lost faith in the Australian bid. Every update relates to them sending documents to the EFL

To which the EFL say they aren’t waiting for anything.
    So who is lying?

It all reads like utter garbage to me.
    Fairly sure the EFL's only stance was that they are not responsible for a delay.
  • Ben18 said:

Have to say, I’ve lost faith in the Australian bid. Every update relates to them sending documents to the EFL

So who is lying?

Fairly sure the EFL's only stance was that they are not responsible for a delay.
    Which I read they’re not waiting for anything & aren’t sitting on anything.

It’s all down to the price simple as. He wants too much & no one is willing to pay it.
    Agree with your conclusion but the EFL have not said they aren't "waiting for anything".
  • Seems people are falling over each other to buy us now. Not sure if I believe it or not. It is all very curious though.
  • Ben18 said:

Have to say, I’ve lost faith in the Australian bid. Every update relates to them sending documents to the EFL

So who is lying?

Which I read they’re not waiting for anything & aren’t sitting on anything.

It’s all down to the price simple as. He wants too much & no one is willing to pay it.
    Agree with your conclusion but the EFL have not said they aren't "waiting for anything".
    Ok.
    They’ve said they’re not the reason for the hold up. Which leads to my explanation of it.
    Either way. Charlton are still lying to us.
  • edited October 2018
    If the Aussies are taking so long because after 6 months they still need to sign documents, then F-them. What kind of owners are they going to be? Maybe they will start researching 2018 winter transfers in the summer of 2019, six months later? Screw that. I've had enough of the Aussies. Go back to Sydney as far as I am concerned.
  • Well Roland you are a genius!

5 interested parties?

Scoff!
  • EFL - "We're not to blame for delay"

Charlton Fans - "They're not waiting for anything."

Most realistic truth - EFL are waiting on something. Therefore those delaying handover to EFL are to blame entirely.

Aussies are to blame.

• Sponsored links:

• The
    Redrobo said:

W

So who is lying?

The EFL have not said they are or aren’t waiting for anything. They have only said that nothing is with them that they haven’t dealt with. Nothing to suggest anyone is lying. The Aussies have confirmed that they have papers that they need to submit and have not done so - yet.

I am just pleased that others are interested, and more importantly, he still wants to sell.
    The only bit of that I believe is that he still wants to sell.
  • "Tough 2 weeks ahead"
  • “Done deal”
  • If the Aussies are taking so long because after 6 months they still need to sign documents, then F-them. What kind of owners are they going to be? Maybe they will start researching 2018 winter transfers in the summer of 2019, six months later? Screw that. I've had enough of the Aussies. Go back to Sydney as far as I am concerned.

I'm not sure you get a say though.
  • Aussies taking forever to convert Aus $ into £ & then into € & back again.
  • Redrobo said:

W

So who is lying?

The EFL have not said they are or aren’t waiting for anything. They have only said that nothing is with them that they haven’t dealt with. Nothing to suggest anyone is lying. The Aussies have confirmed that they have papers that they need to submit and have not done so - yet.

I am just pleased that others are interested, and more importantly, he still wants to sell.
    “He still wants to sell”.....Mmmmm.....not sure how accurate that statement is to be honest. If he was that keen, he’d have dropped his asking price long ago.
    Having said that, we (the fans), don’t really know what the asking price is do we......there have been so many different suggestions ranging from £20,000,000 to £50,000,000 that it’s utterly preposterous......though the upper figure would seem to be the more likely rather than lower.
    The puzzle continues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unless LDT is lying through his teeth it means the Aussies are actually blocking a sale. If they’ve agreed to pay his asking price but actually can’t, you can understand RD believing that his price is reasonable. An alternative buyer would have to get pretty close. He doesn’t seem that bothered about the losses he is racking up.
  • Davo55 said:

Unless LDT is lying through his teeth it means the Aussies are actually blocking a sale. If they’ve agreed to pay his asking price but actually can’t, you can understand RD believing that his price is reasonable. An alternative buyer would have to get pretty close. He doesn’t seem that bothered about the losses he is racking up.

If we believe what’s been said by those ITK, they upped there bid to match the Mega rich Saudi lot (40M ish) then subsequently are refusing to go above 25M, so they’ve already booked one sale
  • _MrDick said:

I’ve completely lost interest in all of this.

So has Roland by the sound of it
  • _MrDick said:

I’ve completely lost interest in all of this.

So has Roland by the sound of it
    Yes indeed......and therein lies the problem.
  • Davo55 said:

Unless LDT is lying through his teeth it means the Aussies are actually blocking a sale. If they’ve agreed to pay his asking price but actually can’t, you can understand RD believing that his price is reasonable. An alternative buyer would have to get pretty close. He doesn’t seem that bothered about the losses he is racking up.

Bunch of absolute jokers, I'm still shocked so many on here fell for their stooge!
  • Redrobo said:

W

So who is lying?

I don't think the Aussies have confirmed that at all, Rob. Where have you seen such a statement? This is all coming from the mouth of LdT, and it seems a rather odd state of play if true (and lacking some other important information that he probably isn't telling us).
  • Once we passed significant dates such as the start of pre season, or the actual season, or when the transfer window closed there was no point of hurry about any takeover.
    Bowyer going from caretaker to actual manager may be the most significant indicator regarding Roland, but it is pretty laughable that nobody is in actual charge.
    To an extent we are like a ghost club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!