Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Chizz said:

He's the gift that just keeps on giving isn't he ?

No, he's the shit that keeps on shitting.
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/83743/food-poisoning-cryptosporidiosis#latest
  • What we must remember though is the fact we must have gotten Wright-Phillips dirt cheap from Plymouth because of their financial difficulties

i.e. he'd already scored 12-goals that season, when you compare him with other Strikers who have scored goals at this level before moving on, few have gone as cheapily so one missing piece of the puzzle was already added for Powell and with a bit of luck in that respect as cant imagine Rhodes or Evans (who scored the same amount the next season) going for so little despite the latters issues in the end
  • Powell did have a decent budget to create a good L1 team and squad. Not an enormous budget, but a good one, and he was also free of most of the dead wood too, which freed up wages. Bowyer has many players on decent Championship wages, which must be restricting his transfer dealings - nothing against Sarr or Igor, but they are on very high wages for players who aren't 1st choice.

What can't be criticised is Powell's transfer dealing, he had an incredibly good strike rate that summer
  • I think we should also factor in is that the fans and club were united. And many more turning up.
  • Two weeks is a long time in politics and Charlton Sale land
  • addick05 said:

Who on earth is advising the senile old scrote? What is he basing such a ridiculous figure on? I thought he said he wanted out and that the price was not important? Even more confused now.

Maybe Murrey is finally helping us. Tells RD to invest to get us to the Champ as he has a buyer lined up at £70M if we are there. When we get there tell RD will up that to £200M if he invests to get us to the PL. let RD Chuck his money at Bowyer I say.

• Sponsored links:

• From another thread

Redhenry
    9:09AM edited 9:11AM
    Don't shoot the messenger, i was told that RD is still asking 50m plus for the club. He now thinks he can get 70/75 mill if we are in the Champ and is going to spend in Jan to get us promoted!

This time in 5 years it will be after promotion when lurking in the relegation zone of the Championship "Roland is still asking for £75m and now thinks he can get £100m if in the premier league so is going to spend big (some out of contract ex Wigan players) to get promotion".

In 20 years after fluking promotion to the top flight and facing relegation after gaining only 2 points by Christmas "Roland is still asking for £38 BILLION but thinks he can get £88 billion if we qualify for the dubai super winners champions league cup so is going to spend big and tempt 43 year old Rooney away from his job at an Eastbourne retirement home to secure qualification.

Charlton fans are rumoured to be hopeful at these developments on page 12,3792357 of the Sale of Charlton thread with forum moderator @AFKABartram, 87, stating it'll be soon".
    2 more weeks
  • @RodneyCharltonTrotta fairly sure it won’t be me saying it’ll be soon mate!
  • Not during a night in with the missus @AFKABartram?
  • Why I am sceptical about the Saudis - or at least about the extent of any such interest - is threefold. Firstly, Duchatelet was, from the outset, sceptical that the Australians had the money (he is on record saying this back in 2017) and the long-running nature of their approach would be enough to raise significant doubts anyway. In that context, it is very hard to believe that he would bat away a genuine well-resourced approach from the Middle East in favour of the Aussies unless there was a very substantial difference in any offer.

Secondly, Redhenry and others linked the Bristol Rovers chairman Steve Hamer to the Saudis - Hamer is a big red flag as far as some who have dealt with him before concerning Charlton are concerned. I'm told that when he approached the club previously (about ten years ago) the person he was purportedly representing turned out to be in prison at the time.

Thirdly, while we've heard repeatedly from Murray, LDT and Duchatelet about the supposed British interest that they say agreed a price back in February, we have never heard from any of them about Saudis - or a group that could be them - at any point.

I'm not saying that what has been brought here has been reported in anything other than good faith, just that I don't think the evidence suggests that they were as close to buying the club as has been claimed.

Place your bets:

George Reynolds 7/1
    Thaksin Shinawatra 10/1
    Guus Hiddink 20/1
    Joey Barton 20/1
    Leon McKenzie 25/1
    Owen Oyston 30/1
    Elliot Omazuzi 50/1
    Stuart Hall 50/1
    Paris Hilton 100/1
    Harold Shipman 250/1
    Peter Sutcliffe 500/1
  • From another thread

Redhenry
    Don't shoot the messenger, i was told that RD is still asking 50m plus for the club. He now thinks he can get 70/75 mill if we are in the Champ and is going to spend in Jan to get us promoted!

Fuck me, @NapaAddick was right with his valuation all along!!
    Just goes to prove that Roland reads Charlton Life ... #EveningRoland
  • From another thread

Redhenry

£77.5M. He is almost there.
    Hmmm, do you work for Roland?
    And do you do all your learnings on a PS4?
  • Oh, to be as delusional as Duchatelet
  • This is getting intresting.

I personally don't believe he is motivated by spite directed at "the fans" although I believe he could be if someone "screwed him over".

He continues to finance massive monthly losses and has made no real effort to slash the wage bill, both BFG and Pearce are still here. He had an opportunity to appoint a lackey to dispose of the assets in the summer.

The investment needed last summer, and January, to almost guarantee promotion is almost insignificant compared to what he has lost already.

Someone is pulling his strings. I don't believe it's Van the man as he would have a professional obligation to tell him the truth. I thought it was KM, but it can't be. Maybe now she isn't there someone has exposed her total incompetence to him?

Either he spends much more time and effort on us than he suggests or someone else does on his behalf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

This is getting intresting.

I personally don't believe he is motivated by spite directed at "the fans" although I believe he could be if someone "screwed him over".

He continues to finance massive monthly losses and has made no real effort to slash the wage bill, both BFG and Pearce are still here. He had an opportunity to appoint a lackey to dispose of the assets in the summer.

The investment needed last summer, and January, to almost guarantee promotion is almost insignificant compared to what he has lost already.

Someone is pulling his strings. I don't believe it's Van the man as he would have a professional obligation to tell him the truth. I thought it was KM, but it can't be. Maybe now she isn't there someone has exposed her total incompetence to him?

Either he spends much more time and effort on us than he suggests or someone else does on his behalf.

This. I can't help but think RD is no longer being peddled a series of lies as has been previously. I still think he's bought into everything he was told previously but it seems clear to him that he can only sell with us in The Championship. He's certainly rich enough to not be worried by the running costs that a little investment in January might open the door to the sale he desires at the end of the season.

Of course the real test will be whether funds are provided or just taken as a percentage of sales in January. But I have to admit the summer window did finish well for us with loan signings brought in and the likes of Aribo and Fosu retained.
  • Rumour and speculation I'm afraid, January will reveal the truth. We have been here before.

RD wanted to dispose of assets without devaluing his asset/losing the sale. He tried and failed to dispose of a number of players. I suspect LdT is steadying the tiller while the sale process continues.
  • So Roland is buying the club he has owned for four years and is financing a push for promotion having got us relegated due to previous inept management ?

That sounds about right.
  • Sorry lads love Powell but he was to negative for me. He had a good squad that season.weve never had a squad since Roland took over.
  • I anticipate Aribo being sold to someone like Brighton in January.
    No criticism of Aribo if he decides to take a good opportunity if it presents itself.
    The money will be a factor on the balance sheet to Roland.
  • seth plum said:

I anticipate Aribo being sold to someone like Brighton in January.
    No criticism of Aribo if he decides to take a good opportunity if it presents itself.
    The money will be a factor on the balance sheet to Roland.

😫 I wish there was a ‘don’t like’ button.

You’re almost certainly right.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!