Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Chizz said:

Chizz said:

razil said:

Most likely is the Saudi bid was time dependent and as has been mentioned outbid on what they felt was the value of the club

Sounds a bit like "they haven't got the money" to me.
    Yeah, and they done the decent thing and walked away
    When did they announce that then?
    When did they announce they never had enough money?
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

razil said:

Most likely is the Saudi bid was time dependent and as has been mentioned outbid on what they felt was the value of the club

People are getting confused. I have announced that I don’t have enough money to buy the club but secretly between you and me I just don’t want to pay that much for it even though I told the old scrotebag I would = price agreed with second party...
  • HarryLime said:

Maybe the Aussies were fronting the Saudi bid?
    Not heard much about the Bromley bid lately, who's got the front there?

Bromley spent it all on fireworks...
  • Chizz said:

razil said:

Chizz said:

razil said:

After matching the Aussies £40.5m bid, giving Roland the impression £40m+ is a realistic asking price? Which would mean they’re partly to blame... :wink:
  • I haven’t got the money but if I did, I’m pretty sure I would not want to give it to shitweasel
  • edited November 2018
    The Royal Borough of Greenwich should buy the club. Increase business rates and council tax to pay for the running costs and then rent it out to the Aussies to punt the money on the players. We will be in the Prem in 3 years and the council could sell on at a premium return. The locals will get used to the higher business rates and council tax and the profits could be ploughed into social care. Tolberones could be sold at discounted prices, marsh mellows could be used to fill the pot holes and liquorice allsorts sold legally on the streets of SE7 on Saturday match days.
  • Going too far there.

Allsorts on a Saturday? That sort of thing leads to anarchy.
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

razil said:

I didn't say they did. But you said they walked away. When did they announce that?
  • Sponsored links:

• irudd123 said:

Addickted said:

Going too far there.

Allsorts on a Saturday? That sort of thing leads to anarchy.

I'm sure they were our shirt sponsor in the 2000's....
    Was that the black shirt ? Liquorice Allsorts.

• Wigan FC Sold.
  • Championship club (albeit in Wigan).....£22m.........took 6 months to complete....hmmmm
  • Championship club (albeit in Wigan).....£22m.........took 6 months to complete....hmmmm

More than 6 months, it was first mentioned a year ago. Not convinced about their new owners, not sure why a HK registered company operating hotels in the Philippines are buying a loss making football club
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

razil said:

I didn't say they did. But you said they walked away. When did they announce that?
    Have a day off Jizz ffs
    It's a straight question. Have the Saudis announced at any stage that they have walked away? If so, I have missed it. If not, then maybe it adds to some people's doubt as to their existence.

You seem pretty sure that the Saudi consortium exist and have walked away. But I don't know where this is backed up. The Aussies exist (as we know) but have not made any announcement that they've dropped their interest. And that begs the question as to whether the Saudi bid was genuine, whether their consortium still exists, whether their intertest might be encouraged again, or whether - as you said - they have walked away. So, did they announce that?
  • Roll out Roland
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

razil said:

Have a day off Jizz ffs
    It's a straight question. Have the Saudis announced at any stage that they have walked away? If so, I have missed it. If not, then maybe it adds to some people's doubt as to their existence.

You seem pretty sure that the Saudi consortium exist and have walked away. But I don't know where this is backed up. The Aussies exist (as we know) but have not made any announcement that they've dropped their interest. And that begs the question as to whether the Saudi bid was genuine, whether their consortium still exists, whether their intertest might be encouraged again, or whether - as you said - they have walked away. So, did they announce that?
    Redhenry has a great track record with his ITK posts, he says he was close to the bid, why would he lie?

He states they made a bid, then later that they'd walked away, what more do you need?
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

razil said:

Have a day off Jizz ffs

Redhenry has a great track record with his ITK posts, he says he was close to the bid, why would he lie?

He states they made a bid, then later that they'd walked away, what more do you need?
    If the Saudi consortium existed, and made a bid, then withdrew that bid, I would be interested to know what they had to say about it.

Charlton are on the record, through announcements made by RD and LDT. And the Aussies are on the record, through announcements on their wesbite, as well as the casual conversations they had at the Valley during their one, publicised visit. Even the EFL are on the record. But have the Saudis been on the record about anything at any time? Either their interest or their subsequent disappearance?
  • Sponsored links:

• No, I don't believe they have, byt different people do their business in different ways, I have no reason to doubt Redhenry.

I don't think it's ever been claimed The saudies got to the efl stage.

Of course, he could have been played like some others have been, it's possible, believing that is a personal choice I suppose, for me, Redhenrys track record is good enough for me to believe him, same goes for NLA too.
  • No, I don't believe they have, byt different people do their business in different ways, I have no reason to doubt Redhenry.

Of course, he could have been played like some others have been, it's possible, believing that is a personal choice I suppose, for me, Redhenrys track record is good enough for me to believe him, same goes for NLA too.

Who do you think got "played"?
  • Chizz said:

No, I don't believe they have, byt different people do their business in different ways, I have no reason to doubt Redhenry.

Mark Curry.
    My source says he’s now out and he’s proper fuming about it.

Just trying to get confirmation at present.
  • Nothings happening is it
  • Not now, heard he’s thinking about a shopping centre now, maybe Lakeside?
  • Redhenry said:

Chizz said:

No, I don't believe they have, byt different people do their business in different ways, I have no reason to doubt Redhenry.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here @Chizz?
    Stu has said someone (or some people) have been "played". I'm interested to know who.
  • Chizz said:

Redhenry said:

Chizz said:

Stu has said someone (or some people) have been "played". I'm interested to know who.
    My guess someone who no longer posts on here.
  • Chizz said:

Redhenry said:

Chizz said:

My guess someone who no longer posts on here.
    I would also guess he means that. But I don't want to assume.
  • I am Spartacus
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!