Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited November 2018
    If we’re blaming the Aussies for their high bid what about the Saudis? Looking back Red Henry said they matched the Aussies £40.5m bid.
  • Scoham said:
    Same as I haven't been put off by the floral wallpaper in Graham Norton's house that he's selling for £2m......
    How much wallpaper do you get for £2m?
  • I think you should direct your anger at Roland NLA. He's the reason this club is stagnating.

Blaming prospective buyers is missing the point.

I think you're missing the point if you think RD is the only one to be angry at, with regards to the Aussies failing to complete.
  • Scoham said:

If we’re blaming the Aussies for their high bid what about the Saudis? Looking back Red Henry said they matched the Aussies £40.5m bid.

And it wouldn’t have been to high because they would’ve paid it

• Scoham said:

So both groups made bids that gave Roland the impression that his asking price is realistic.

What’s the difference, aren’t they both to blame if we’re looking at it that way (personally I blame RD)?

Why didn’t the Saudis buy the club? They could have comfortably matched any offer any other group made.
  • Solidgone said:

Redrobo said:

Where does Yorkshire tea come from?

YORKSHIRE !!!!!
    Didn’t think they had the climate to grow tea. Obviously got the rain fall, but humid!
    How interesting...I bought some Harrogate coffee beans from Waitrose today and I also questioned the current climate in Yorkshire. @Leedsaddick should be in the know and could explain this growth in the beverage market from up t’north?
    Us middle class folk feel better sourcing our hot drinks from the 3rd world. Gives us a warm feeling of giving something back
  • CatAddick said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

So both groups made bids that gave Roland the impression that his asking price is realistic.

What’s the difference, aren’t they both to blame if we’re looking at it that way (personally I blame RD)?

Why didn’t the Saudis buy the club? They could have comfortably matched any offer any other group made.
    Because from what I understood from the posts; the Saudis had a top end figure WHICH THEY WERE PREPARED TO PAY, the Aussies kept increasing their bid WHICH THEY WERE NOT PREPARED TO PAY until the Saudis walked away, and then the Aussies turned round and said 'righto cobber, now the oppo's out the way, let's talk about the REAL price". At that point either the Saudis, RD or both were too proud to return to the table

(Just my opinion)
    Or the Saudis were an invention (of RD’s) all along.
    Not according to @Redhenry
  • Sponsored links:

• CatAddick said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Because from what I understood from the posts; the Saudis had a top end figure WHICH THEY WERE PREPARED TO PAY, the Aussies kept increasing their bid WHICH THEY WERE NOT PREPARED TO PAY until the Saudis walked away, and then the Aussies turned round and said 'righto cobber, now the oppo's out the way, let's talk about the REAL price". At that point either the Saudis, RD or both were too proud to return to the table

(Just my opinion)
    I thought RedHenry was “in the know” with the Saudis. What makes you think the Saudis were an invention?
  • CatAddick said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

(Just my opinion)
    This with bells on
  • Never quite understood why the Saudi’s got as far as the did (allegedly) yet never followed it through. If they wanted the club then I doubt a million or two either way would have stopped them. My guess is that they politely enquired or at least their agents did and it got no further than that. Suited RD to pretend it was more serious than it was.

If they had a firm higher amount that they were working to and rival buyers were willing to go higher, why wouldn't they walk away? We will never know....
  • So there's been 2 interested parties so far - 1 that can't get the money together and now deny all knowledge of an interest and the other, a figmant of RD's imagination.

Goodo
  • Harvey at the EFL said that as far as they are concerned there has only been one bidder ie only one that has got as far as submitting paperwork to them and that is the Aussies.
  • CatAddick said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

(Just my opinion)
    Don't think there are many front end ITK people that haven't been fed a fair dosing of bullshit during this whole farcical process.
  • Never quite understood why the Saudi’s got as far as the did (allegedly) yet never followed it through. If they wanted the club then I doubt a million or two either way would have stopped them. My guess is that they politely enquired or at least their agents did and it got no further than that. Suited RD to pretend it was more serious than it was.

But roly is so concerned that the club doesn't end up in the hands of an inappropriate foreign owner, cos, like those sort can't be trusted, huh?
  • edited November 2018
    Scoham said:

Is red Henry the only person to confirm 40.5m? I think so and whilst his sources have always been good and I don’t doubt he was told this, if it is not collaborated it could be wrong with a load of people wound up by something which never happened.

Scoham said:

it is obvious the Aussie bid has at best stalled, if the Saudi’s were really keen on us as a long term investment they would have come back

RD is the one who has screwed this and the one to blame. Maybe the Aussies over promised but as the seller RD backed the wrong horse and has pissed off everyone else.
  • Harvey at the EFL said that as far as they are concerned there has only been one bidder ie only one that has got as far as submitting paperwork to them and that is the Aussies.

Think this really confirms that the Saudi bid was an 'invention' to get the Aussies to match it. Suspect they subsequently found that out and that's when they reduced their offer. Only @Redhenry knows the source of his information and maybe he was just being fed fake news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely if "the saudis" were bidding against the Aussies then with their financial clout would not have given up if they really wanted the club.
  • Redhenry said:

The Saudi bid wasn't made up by RD. I was quite close to this one.

Any chance they will come back ?
  • no idea, unfortunately
  • Redhenry said:

What do you mean close?
  • Redhenry said:

What do you mean close?
    Inside the tent pissing out

• Redhenry said:

Thanks for that, @Redhenry - it's good that, in the face of lots of rumour, suggestion, counter-rumour and obfuscation, someone has cleared this up completely and quickly. We can all be certain now that the "The Saudi bid" was NOT made up by Roland.

(So, who was it made up by?)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!