Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I've had it up to here with the alleged Aussie take-over, which must be celebrating its first birthday soon. Jarndyce and Jarndyce all over again.
  • April 2017 so 18 months now.

But while they haven't closed a deal neither has any other group.

If the EFL is to be believed no one else has even got to the fit and proper stage.

So while we can moan about the Aussies they have never had exclusivity so what has, and still is, stopping all these other groups closing a deal?
  • I've had it up to here with the alleged Aussie take-over, which must be celebrating its first birthday soon. Jarndyce and Jarndyce all over again.

Womack & Womack
  • 2 more weeks.
  • masicat said:

Never mentioned this before. I felt it was stirring the pot and wouldn’t help. I was at a wedding in Portugal on May 31st. Met an Aussie who was an ‘associate’ of Muir , but not a friend or close friend. I told him about the sale, and the fact it was about to happen. He had never heard of Charlton, but after discussing with me for 10 minutes he assured me the deal would never come off. No real specific reason. He just said a 3rd tier English club would never be of interest and he was adamant Muir would either pull out or it was fake news. Don’t know if he was right through knowledge, or just a lucky guess. I will say, he was adamant.

He might not know much about football but he could write a decent song!
  • edited October 2018
    masicat said:

Never mentioned this before. I felt it was stirring the pot and wouldn’t help. I was at a wedding in Portugal on May 31st. Met an Aussie who was an ‘associate’ of Muir , but not a friend or close friend. I told him about the sale, and the fact it was about to happen. He had never heard of Charlton, but after discussing with me for 10 minutes he assured me the deal would never come off. No real specific reason. He just said a 3rd tier English club would never be of interest and he was adamant Muir would either pull out or it was fake news. Don’t know if he was right through knowledge, or just a lucky guess. I will say, he was adamant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p__WmyAE3g

If the EFL is to be believed no one else has even got to the fit and proper stage.

So while we can moan about the Aussies they have never had exclusivity so what has, and still is, stopping all these other groups closing a deal?
    Money Money Money
  • We still need some clarity to Airman’s revelation that Muir has denied involvement in an interview with the Australian press. Personally I’m convinced it will never happen. Something was never right with it. Gone on far too long for anything to come of it now. As for five parties in the frame. What a load of bull.

So as far as a takeover is concerned we might as well all leave the office and turn out the lights then? Plus close this thread? Just asking.
  • Roland hasn't sold any of his clubs, after announcing he wanted to sell them all. Or have I missed something? Mind you, he did have his fingers crossed when he made the announcement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mid way on the 2nd page
    Unacceptable behaviour
  • TelMc32 said:

Meanwhile, the Melexis share price, which hit an all-time high of 92.20 euros in the summer, is now 52.80 euros, a loss of nearly 43% to that part of RD's fortune in 4 months. Makes you feel sad for the old scrote, doesn't it?

I think we should have a whip round.

Straw clutching but maybe this might the old git rethink his asking price.
    Sorry to rain on this one. Melexis paid out a €1.30 dividend yesterday. From memory, Duchatelet owns Xtrion NV, which has 53.58% of Melexis (21,644,399 shares).

He therefore received €28,137,718.70 into his grubby little paws yesterday. I think we can hold off on the whip round!!!
    Rich Bastard!
  • edited October 2018

April 2017 so 18 months now.

the price. we aint worth £40m or anywhere near it. Halve the figure & you're getting close.

the price. we aint worth £40m or anywhere near it. Halve the figure & you're getting close.
    Exactly my point.

The Aussies aren't setting the price, Duchatelet is.

So the block on the deal going through is Duchatelet and no one else.
    Or...the price has been agreed and the Aussie consortium has fallen apart and can’t get the dosh together...
  • Solidgone said:

Exactly my point.

Or...the price has been agreed and the Aussie consortium has fallen apart and can’t get the dosh together...
    Or... the parties agreed what the price was, without the Aussies agreeing to pay that price. And Duchatalet has refused to reduce the price to an acceptable level.
  • Solidgone said:

Exactly my point.

Quite possible but if so what is stopping all the other interested parties that have been on the scene for months and not closed a deal?

Why did others walk away saying the price was too high?
  • Solidgone said:

Exactly my point.

Quite possible but if so what is stopping all the other interested parties that have been on the scene for months and not closed a deal?

Because the Aussies alledgedly agreed the price which we assume was £40m but some members of the consortium thought fuck that - that means my share of the cost is £xm and I’ll have to weigh out another £xm over the next 5 years with no return...you must be b-b-bonkers...I’m out! But then added...unless you can halve the cost then might have a rethink. As Fagin sang... I’ll be reviewing, the situation...Hence the stalemate.

Now how’s that for a load of bollock? :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

Exactly my point.

Because the Aussies alledgedly agreed the price which we assume was £40m but some members of the consortium thought fuck that - that means my share of the cost is £xm and I’ll have to weigh out another £xm over the next 5 years with no return...you must be b-b-bonkers...I’m out! But then added...unless you can halve the cost then might have a rethink. As Fagin sang... I’ll be reviewing, the situation...Hence the stalemate.

That explains the Aussies, maybe.

It doesn't explain all the other bidders not closing a deal.
  • edited October 2018
    Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

Exactly my point.

Proving funds to Roland compared to proving funds to the EFL are on completely different pages. Roland isn't known for his groundwork and research hence why he ended up in this mess.
  • Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

Exactly my point.

That explains the Aussies, maybe.

It doesn't explain all the other bidders not closing a deal.
    They won’t pay the £40m either. It’s a waiting game until he lowers the price. Then the seagulls (not Brighton) will be seen following the trawlers, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Eric Cantona circa 1995
  • edited October 2018
    All my encounters with LdT at the FF suggest they are not desperate for a sale, which given the losses is puzzling.

This can only be due to a number of reasons possibly in combination

* any other 'offers' if there have been any are way short of the one that reached the EFL stage
    * Duchatelet is determined to achieve close to his valuation of the club possibly with some brinkmanship
  • razil said:

All my encounters with LdT at the FF suggest they are not desperate for a sale, which given the losses is puzzling.

This can only be due to a number of reasons possibly in combination

* any other 'offers' if there have been any are way short of the one that reached the EFL stage
    * Duchatelet is determined to achieve close to his valuation of the club possibly with some brinkmanship

The same LDT who says that a price is agreed with a second group.
  • If Roland still believes that the Aussies are going to pay his asking price he's in a minority of two.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!