Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It seems clear from @jamesseed's reply to a poster on his twitter account that he has not seen the article where Muir suggested that him being 'linked' to a bid for Charlton was 'erroneous':

"But was exactly did he say, and what was the context? I’ve just heard that he won’t say anything until the deal is done. If and when".

I'm deliberately not on twitter but it might be useful for someone who is to forward airman's tweet to him - as he might just be able to get some comment or clarification via Murphy?

• micks1950 said:

It seems clear from @jamesseed's reply to a poster on his twitter account that he has not seen the article where Muir suggested that him being 'linked' to a bid for Charlton was 'erroneous':

"But was exactly did he say, and what was the context? I’ve just heard that he won’t say anything until the deal is done. If and when".

I'm deliberately not on twitter but it might be useful for someone who is to forward airman's tweet to him - as he might just be able to get some comment or clarification via Murphy?

I think it is pretty clear he had seen the article and that was what that promoted his enquiry to his contact within the consortium.

We can all choose to believe or not believe what the contact is telling Jim but I don't doubt that this is what Jim was told.

WIOTOS
  • micks1950 said:

It seems clear from @jamesseed's reply to a poster on his twitter account that he has not seen the article where Muir suggested that him being 'linked' to a bid for Charlton was 'erroneous':

I think it is pretty clear he had seen the article and that was what that promoted his enquiry to his contact within the consortium.

We can all choose to believe or not believe what the contact is telling Jim but I don't doubt that this is what Jim was told.

WIOTOS
    Why does he think that Muir said what he did then ?
  • edited October 2018

micks1950 said:

WIOTOS
    I don't know, am I my brother's keeper?

He's asked the question and he's published the response and that's it as far as I can see.

WIOTOS
  • micks1950 said:

WIOTOS
    I'm not convinced he has seen the article - or at least failed to read it properly.

He says in his first tweet:

"Just wanted to confirm that the Aussie consortium has not folded, and Andrew Muir still a part of it, in the background. Reason for lack of comms is still the NDA. Ignore the rumours.

and then in reply to the question:

"Just because you have an NDA doesn't force you to outright deny a claim, like he did in the papers. He could have just said no comment. It's not really a rumour when it's come out of his mouth"

@jamesseed says:

• Jimmy Seed if you reading this, have they got any idea on timescales? Will it hapeen before my death? I am 50.. nearly 51 and I plan to go when I reach 69.
  • Rudders22 said:

Jimmy Seed if you reading this, have they got any idea on timescales? Will it hapeen before my death? I am 50.. nearly 51 and I plan to go when I reach 69.

please don't bring your sexual fantasies into this please @Rudders22
    Is it that obvious @Henry Irving
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

What Jim is saying, under the Twitter name of his grandfather Jimmy Seed, is John's article, tweeted by Rick, which says Andy claimed his link with the consortium is erroneous, is erroneous itself, probably based on what Jim heard from Gerry. Is that clear? :smile:

and Bob's your uncle
  • as clear as mud
  • Scoham said:

What Jim is saying, under the Twitter name of his grandfather Jimmy Seed, is John's article, tweeted by Rick, which says Andy claimed his link with the consortium is erroneous, is erroneous itself, probably based on what Jim heard from Gerry. Is that clear? :smile:

We don't know if Andy and Gerry are still talking.
  • Was there actually any proof that there was a Saudi bid?!

TBH there wasn't a lot of concrete about the Aussies.
    At least they came and watched a game...
    Even the Aussies are boycotting now.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

To many people to quote.

@Airman Brown the 1.5 million isn't a game changer in its self but doesn't increased attendance have a direct impact on potential advertising revenue? I also mentioned loss of corporate/sponsorship due to individuals and companies boycotting them. I know boycotting isn't the only reason for drop in attendance, I don't go as much due to apathy.

@JohnnyH2 I am not doubting it's his fault we are in league 1 and have been for 2 seasons already. But how would running the club properly increase revenue by £12 million a year?

@seth plum you seem convinced that there will be multiple player sales in January, what evidence do you base this on?

At the end of the day someone has to pay the piper. I would suggest that is the outrageous operations costs that are more of an issue than any asking price. We aren't in a situation were a rich fan, like RA could buy us, and have a whip round in the directors box to make up the wages.

Unless either RD or any new owner slashes the running costs any potential buy would be looking at £200-300 million pound investment to even hope of getting there money back. Even then its still unlikely.

I base it on the losses mounting up, and the indifference Roland has with regard to results.
  • My main worry with the continuous delay is that RD is going to have a fire sale in January. Fosu, Aribo and Grant are all young quality players and therefore they hold significant value - RD would take 500K for each of them if the deal is cash up front. Hope I am wrong but I think our season will fall apart after January solely down the the old git's greed.

Nail, on, head.
    As sure as eggs is eggs the twunt will deplete the squad at every whiff of a fee for a player and when results inevitably reflect his stupidity LB or some other poor sap will get their marching orders and the carousel of chaos will creak around once again, ever more slowly, ever more shabbily.
  • edited October 2018
    Scoham said:

Is Gerry Andersen back in the consortium? I’d slways thought of him as a bit of a puppet?
  • edited October 2018
    Cafc43v3r said:

Scoham said:

My main worry with the continuous delay is that RD is going to have a fire sale in January. Fosu, Aribo and Grant are all young quality players and therefore they hold significant value - RD would take 500K for each of them if the deal is cash up front. Hope I am wrong but I think our season will fall apart after January solely down the the old git's greed.

People have been predicting fire sales with no proper for the last few transfer windows.
    Selling your 4th choice centre back does not make a fire sale!
    But letting him go with no prospect of a replacement is idiotic.
    Firesale or lunacy? It makes no difference, both reap only failure.
  • seth plum said:

Cafc43v3r said:

To many people to quote.

@Airman Brown the 1.5 million isn't a game changer in its self but doesn't increased attendance have a direct impact on potential advertising revenue? I also mentioned loss of corporate/sponsorship due to individuals and companies boycotting them. I know boycotting isn't the only reason for drop in attendance, I don't go as much due to apathy.

@JohnnyH2 I am not doubting it's his fault we are in league 1 and have been for 2 seasons already. But how would running the club properly increase revenue by £12 million a year?

@seth plum you seem convinced that there will be multiple player sales in January, what evidence do you base this on?

At the end of the day someone has to pay the piper. I would suggest that is the outrageous operations costs that are more of an issue than any asking price. We aren't in a situation were a rich fan, like RA could buy us, and have a whip round in the directors box to make up the wages.

Unless either RD or any new owner slashes the running costs any potential buy would be looking at £200-300 million pound investment to even hope of getting there money back. Even then its still unlikely.

I base it on the losses mounting up, and the indifference Roland has with regard to results.
    So it's a conclusion you have come to with out any evidence? I am not trying to dig you out, I hear a lot of different people repeating this as fact, as far as I can see it's baseless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Those saying he will have a "fire sale" in January or at least sell off the 'best' players are wrong IMO. RD has had ample opportunity to do that in the past and, although he has sold selected players for decent sums, he hasn't sanctioned wholesale clean-outs. I think there is another reason and that is he is selling a "going concern", i.e. a functioning football team. He isn't just selling a stadium, training ground and all that goes with it. No-one would buy that. When conventional businesses are sold there is usually some kind of condition that key staff won't leave (and are often given retention bonuses not to leave) plus, of course all the tangible assets are valued.

The Aussie consortium, or whoever, would expect to buy a functioning team. IF a price has been agreed that will be based on all sorts of caveats like, league, league position, plus all of the players will have an 'asset value' (I assume) and there will be a forecast of expected future value plus an allowance for future income from those already gone with sell-on agreements (Pope, Gomez, Lookman and Gudmunsson). I think its more complicated than a 'normal' business but I really cannot see him disposing of assets, not that there are any Gomez level players left. As many have said - its hard to work out what RD is thinking a lot of the time - but I don't think he will devalue the asset as that will further dilute any chance he has of realising anything like the amount of money he wants for the business.
  • edited October 2018
    LouisMend said:

Is it not possible for the to trust get in touch with Muir and ask him directly what the position is with him/them??

So this guy sold a family business for $870m and then sold property for $92m and he's been dicking around for half a year now now trying to find some mates to help him buy the club. He could buy us 10 times over!
  • LouisMend said:

Is it not possible for the to trust get in touch with Muir and ask him directly what the position is with him/them??

So this guy sold a family business for $870m and then sold property for $92m and he's been dicking around for half a year now now trying to find some mates to help him buy the club. He could buy us 10 times over!
    To end up with a small fortune you need a large fortune and then buy a struggling third tier EFL club.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

seth plum said:

Cafc43v3r said:

To many people to quote.

So it's a conclusion you have come to with out any evidence? I am not trying to dig you out, I hear a lot of different people repeating this as fact, as far as I can see it's baseless.
    I have given you reasons for my opinion, so my opinion is not baseless.
  • For the record I don’t think he will have a fire sale in January, but I think there is a risk of the club falling off a cliff edge at the end of the season re contracts / sales with RD in charge and I wouldn’t trust him an inch on that.

This.
    Half our team are loanees and the other halfs contracts run out at the end of the season.
    If Roland is still here as I think is likely we will been a total rebuild yet again.

• Oxford commentators on iFollow suggested Taylor wouldn’t be with us much longer......cheeky fuckers!

They are right. He is Championship quality the way he is playing right now. It’s up to us to get promoted this year so he stays put. Otherwise I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave next summer.
  • Oxford commentators on iFollow suggested Taylor wouldn’t be with us much longer......cheeky fuckers!

They are right. He is Championship quality the way he is playing right now. It’s up to us to get promoted this year so he stays put. Otherwise I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave next summer.
    That also applies to a few of our players out of contract in the summer.
    If we don't get promotion most will leave.
  • For the record I don’t think he will have a fire sale in January, but I think there is a risk of the club falling off a cliff edge at the end of the season re contracts / sales with RD in charge and I wouldn’t trust him an inch on that.

Do you know which players are out of contract at the end of the season? I know Bauer and Igor are 2.

Do you know which players are out of contract at the end of the season? I know Bauer and Igor are 2.
    It would be easier and quicker to list the ones that are in contract for next season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!