Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• For the record I don’t think he will have a fire sale in January, but I think there is a risk of the club falling off a cliff edge at the end of the season re contracts / sales with RD in charge and I wouldn’t trust him an inch on that.

Do you know which players are out of contract at the end of the season? I know Bauer and Igor are 2.
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/83058/updated-squad-list-31-august-2018
  • Surely we're offering new contracts to the likes of Lapslie, Grant and Aribo?

I believe we are.
    The question is will they sign them.
    I believe what division we are in next season will be crucial
  • seth plum said:

Cafc43v3r said:

seth plum said:

Cafc43v3r said:

To many people to quote.

@Airman Brown the 1.5 million isn't a game changer in its self but doesn't increased attendance have a direct impact on potential advertising revenue? I also mentioned loss of corporate/sponsorship due to individuals and companies boycotting them. I know boycotting isn't the only reason for drop in attendance, I don't go as much due to apathy.

@JohnnyH2 I am not doubting it's his fault we are in league 1 and have been for 2 seasons already. But how would running the club properly increase revenue by £12 million a year?

@seth plum you seem convinced that there will be multiple player sales in January, what evidence do you base this on?

At the end of the day someone has to pay the piper. I would suggest that is the outrageous operations costs that are more of an issue than any asking price. We aren't in a situation were a rich fan, like RA could buy us, and have a whip round in the directors box to make up the wages.

Unless either RD or any new owner slashes the running costs any potential buy would be looking at £200-300 million pound investment to even hope of getting there money back. Even then its still unlikely.

I base it on the losses mounting up, and the indifference Roland has with regard to results.
    So it's a conclusion you have come to with out any evidence? I am not trying to dig you out, I hear a lot of different people repeating this as fact, as far as I can see it's baseless.
    I have given you reasons for my opinion, so my opinion is not baseless.
    Not baseless just complete conjecture.

I believe we are.
    And how much we offer.

The rumour was that some players had been offered deals only for them to then be withdrawn and replaced by a lower offer.

Hence Aribo, Fosu and Bauer not re-signed.

I believe we are.
    And how much we offer.

The rumour was that some players had been offered deals only for them to then be withdrawn and replaced by a lower offer.

Hence Aribo, Fosu and Bauer not re-signed.
    Scary ain't it.
    I fear for our future all the time Shitweasel owns us.
  • I thought Bauer had said he won't re-sign no matter what.
  • Addickted said:

I thought Bauer had said he won't re-sign no matter what.

But why did he say that a year before his contract expires?
  • Addickted said:

Cos he wants more money :tongue:

What do I win?
  • Sponsored links:

• micks1950 said:

It seems clear from @jamesseed's reply to a poster on his twitter account that he has not seen the article where Muir suggested that him being 'linked' to a bid for Charlton was 'erroneous':

"But was exactly did he say, and what was the context? I’ve just heard that he won’t say anything until the deal is done. If and when".

I'm deliberately not on twitter but it might be useful for someone who is to forward airman's tweet to him - as he might just be able to get some comment or clarification via Murphy?

I think it is pretty clear he had seen the article and that was what that promoted his enquiry to his contact within the consortium.

We can all choose to believe or not believe what the contact is telling Jim but I don't doubt that this is what Jim was told.

WIOTOS
    Why does he think that Muir said what he did then ?
    I don't know, am I my brother's keeper?

He's asked the question and he's published the response and that's it as far as I can see.

WIOTOS
    It seems to be the case, yes.

• Cafc43v3r said:

Addickted said:

What do I win?
    Could be that. Could be he wants to go back to Germany or elsewhere. Who knows.
  • As a matter of interest. How many months out injured has he been in his Charlton career ?
  • How the squad would look next summer if no deals are extended and no one else signed

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Darren Pratley 2020
    Lyle Taylor 2020

Defensively OK (Sarr on the bench obviously) but Taylor a little isolated up top

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36779302

Solly 2019 according to this story.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Addickted said:

What do I win?
    I think that was the point I already made.
  • How the squad would look next summer if no deals are extended and no one else signed

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Darren Pratley 2020
    Lyle Taylor 2020

Defensively OK (Sarr on the bench obviously) but Taylor a little isolated up top

@Scoham ?
  • As a matter of interest. How many months out injured has he been in his Charlton career ?

In 3 and a bit seasons he has missed 55 league games!

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Darren Pratley 2020
    Lyle Taylor 2020

@Scoham ?
    2019 according to the usually reliable Transfermarkt as well
  • Aribo being sold at Christmas according a pretty reliable source.
  • Swisdom said:

Aribo being sold at Christmas according a pretty reliable source.

Outside the transfer window?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Aribo being sold at Christmas according a pretty reliable source.

Swap deal with Roy Wood
  • Crazy that Sarr could still be with us next season, years after he was signed by whoever. An incredibly number of managers (Luzon onwards excluding Slade and Nugent?) for someone who's played so few games for us
  • Type your comment

Aussies Aussies everywhere and not a fucking pound laid on the table ,

Fuck em

Hearing rumours that they've approached Kiosk Keith to see if he want's to chuck a few Dingo Dollars into the equation.

If only you could’ve kept hold of that one for a couple more weeks.
  • Type your comment

Fuck em

Hearing rumours that they've approached Kiosk Keith to see if he want's to chuck a few Dingo Dollars into the equation.

I don't think it's got any legs mate, his family don't want to move to the UK
  • Type your comment

Fuck em

I don't think it's got any legs mate, his family don't want to move to the UK

Shame. His sparkling personality and motivational speeches would’ve really lifted the place.

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Darren Pratley 2020
    Lyle Taylor 2020

@Scoham ?
    Looks like it should be 2019

• edited October 2018
    Scoham said:

How the squad would look next summer if no deals are extended and no one else signed

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Darren Pratley 2020
    Lyle Taylor 2020

@Scoham ?

My faith in humanity is shattered.

But fear not, Taylor can do a job at full back.
  • edited October 2018
    Scoham said:

How the squad would look next summer if no deals are extended and no one else signed

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Darren Pratley 2020
    Lyle Taylor 2020

@Scoham ?

I think it might have been a 3 year extension to his previous contract, which was a 4 year deal that was due to expire in 2017 i.e. 3 years until 2020
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Addickted said:

What do I win?
    Could be that. Could be he wants to go back to Germany or elsewhere. Who knows.
    Or he went to the Dale Stephens geography lessons and will end up at Blackburn or Bolton.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!