Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I am Spartacus

I am confused.
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Redhenry said:

Chizz said:

No, I don't believe they have, byt different people do their business in different ways, I have no reason to doubt Redhenry.

I don't think it's ever been claimed The saudies got to the efl stage.

Of course, he could have been played like some others have been, it's possible, believing that is a personal choice I suppose, for me, Redhenrys track record is good enough for me to believe him, same goes for NLA too.

Who do you think got "played"?
    I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here @Chizz?
    Stu has said someone (or some people) have been "played". I'm interested to know who.
    My guess someone who no longer posts on here.
    I would also guess he means that. But I don't want to assume.
    It would have been a safe assumption. To be clear, I don't think anything was posted in bad faith, just perhaps a little too much trust was placed in a 'friend'
  • I am Spartacus

I am confused.
    I am your father.
  • edited November 2018

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Redhenry said:

Chizz said:

No, I don't believe they have, byt different people do their business in different ways, I have no reason to doubt Redhenry.

Of course, he could have been played like some others have been, it's possible, believing that is a personal choice I suppose, for me, Redhenrys track record is good enough for me to believe him, same goes for NLA too.

Stu has said someone (or some people) have been "played". I'm interested to know who.
    It would have been a safe assumption. To be clear, I don't think anything was posted in bad faith, just perhaps a little too much trust was placed in a 'friend'
    Stu.....like 99% of the posts in this thread it’s all supposition.....maybe some day the truth regarding JS and his ‘consortium contact’ will be known, along with all the lies and windups that have been served up too.......someone could write a book.
    There are so many twists and turns with literally thousands of opinions and guesses that ‘yer ead urts’......with respect yours, along with a few of my own I have to say, will remain just that.....another opinion.
  • Goo goo g'joob
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Redhenry said:

Chizz said:

Stu.....like 99% of the posts in this thread it’s all supposition.....maybe some day the truth regarding JS and his ‘consortium contact’ will be known, along with all the lies and windups that have been served up too.......someone could write a book.
    There are so many twists and turns with literally thousands of opinions and guesses that ‘yer ead urts’......with respect yours, along with a few of my own I have to say, will remain just that.....another opinion.
    Well, duh.
  • I am Spartacus

I'm saveloy!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely if we spend in January then we'll go over FFP as isnt that why we were forced to sell Konsa?
  • Surely if we spend in January then we'll go over FFP as isnt that why we were forced to sell Konsa?

Was Konsa in this current financial year or the last?

Pretty much all our signings are free transfers and loans.
    How often do we actually pay a fee for someone ?

Ajose | Holmes | Pearce | Magennis | Forster-Caskey | Page | Clarke | Fosu have all required fees

Ajose | Holmes | Pearce | Magennis | Forster-Caskey | Page | Clarke | Fosu have all required fees
    Quite often you have to pay a fee to secure a loan too. Plus, of course, all or some of their wages.
  • edited November 2018
    cafc-west said:

Surely if we spend in January then we'll go over FFP as isnt that why we were forced to sell Konsa?

Quite often you have to pay a fee to secure a loan too. Plus, of course, all or some of their wages.
    I'd imagine we've had to do that for Bielik and especially Cullen seeing where they've come from

Agreed.
    But Holmes and Magennis have both been sold.
    How many of the others were paid for on the last financial year.
  • Sponsored links:

• From another thread

Redhenry
    9:09AM edited 9:11AM
    Don't shoot the messenger, i was told that RD is still asking 50m plus for the club. He now thinks he can get 70/75 mill if we are in the Champ and is going to spend in Jan to get us promoted!

Goodness me he is unbelievably delusional. 70/75mil for us as a Championship club, madness. I mean, Cellino sold Leeds for £45mil with an additional £8.5mil over the next 8 years. So how can we be worth £20mil more than Leeds in the Championship?!

If he does spend in January to get in additional players to be promoted, that’s great but really it’ll be “you can have 20% of any money brought in from selling Aribo, Fosu, Grant etc” that is much more RD.
  • edited November 2018

Surely if we spend in January then we'll go over FFP as isnt that why we were forced to sell Konsa?

Was Konsa in this current financial year or the last?
    The sale was in 2017/18 - it had to be to make the FFP criteria for L1. They also had to have the money up front for it to count in that calculation, which is why there was a discount for cash.

It smells as if they only realised this late on - having no finance director - or were prepared to leave that as a problem for the Aussies, whom they had assumed would have taken over by then.

There is a figure rolling around of £58m for the club at present. It sounds as if Redhenry has heard it too, but to be honest it might as well be £500m for all the chance he has of getting it. Duchatelet has given lower figures previously though.

A London club with a modern stadium will always be worth more than Wigan, other things being equal, not least because of the land prices.
  • If (and a big if) he now plans to "spend" to get in the championship, in order to get a higher figure, to the sums add up? Extra wages and fees (which I'm under no delusion will be significant), plus more significantly bankrolling the monthly losses until at least May (and we all know how long these things drag out). He just needs to cut his losses now and stop being so stubborn.
  • edited November 2018
    He’s rich enough to be able to hold his ground. The reality is that he doesn’t need to sell and despite his quoting that he wants out there is nothing in his actions to really support the view other than the club being on the market. Had it been a genuine attempt to sell and at a realistic price then it would have I think been sold by now. His price and intransigence is totally off this planet so to all intents and purposes he’s not intent on selling.

I didn’t until very recently think he was not selling to make a point to fans and others that he was right all along but the latest comments that he’s now thinking he can get us promoted and sell for even more prove to me that that’s exactly what he’s doing.

He wants out but only strictly on his and his alone terms.
  • Who on earth is advising the senile old scrote? What is he basing such a ridiculous figure on? I thought he said he wanted out and that the price was not important? Even more confused now.
  • He's the gift that just keeps on giving isn't he ?
  • I think if he did back bowyer in January transfer window we will go up bowyers best manager we’ve had since curbs.
  • He's the gift that just keeps on giving isn't he ?

No, he's the shit that keeps on shitting.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!