Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019

Scoham said:

Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
    So if the Americans are backing off, where does that leave the takeover?
    I don’t think it stacks up because of RD’s valuation.
    Never has,especially when buyers want clean title.
    Roland will have to buy out Ex Directors if a deal is to be done, and from what I have heard they have not been approached since low ball bid last year.
    Depends how it it was structured, I guess. At RD’s likely valuation he can afford to take the ex-directors out. It’s correct they haven’t heard anything officially, it’s not true to say they aren’t aware of current manoeuvring.
  • J BLOCK said:

Fair play to Jim White, telling us what he knows. It's not always accurate but he's giving us info in good faith and it's more than we've had in a long time.

Then what's the point in doing that.

I've been told the earth is flat. It might not be accurate but hey ho.....
    At least you know there is an earth and that you are on it. Some of the details aren't clear but you have some indication of what's going on. ;)
  • The loans seem to add a major complication. Why pay them up when you might never have to, but it is a potential liability that you would want reflected in the price if you were potentially buying it.
  • So the Americans are now “out”

Were they ever in?
    Airman means they will back off as in leaving the Australians to run the club....NOT pulling out of the deal.
    FFS!

I don’t, I’m afraid. The prediction made to me is that they will back away from getting involved.
  • Are we there yet?

Were they ever in?
    Airman means they will back off as in leaving the Australians to run the club....NOT pulling out of the deal.
    FFS!

I don’t, I’m afraid. The prediction made to me is that they will back away from getting involved.
    This is an absolute shambles
  • bobmunro said:

Scoham said:

Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
    So if the Americans are backing off, where does that leave the takeover?
    I don’t think it stacks up because of RD’s valuation.
    Never has,especially when buyers want clean title.
    Roland will have to buy out Ex Directors if a deal is to be done, and from what I have heard they have not been approached since low ball bid last year.
    As I understand it the loans must be repaid if we ever get back to the Premier League, or at any time before then at the club's call?

In terms of valuation then it matters not whether or not the loans are paid off by RD or by the new owners upon taking control. Club with clean title £x million, Club without clean title £x-7 million. So it could still be sold by RD without talking to the ex-directors and become clean title very quickly after takeover.

That's if clean title is essential - if it isn't then they could buy the club for £7 million less than a clean title agreed valuation and leave the charges in tact.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the outstanding charges that is stopping the sale.
    It is if buyer/buyers have said not our problem, you need to clear those charges ahead of a sale.
    Which I believe has happened or why suddenly at last moment in deal last year did he contact Ex Directors with a low ball bid?
    The only title has to be clean title, £7mn is still got to be paid sometime and even in 10years time at current interest rates paying later only saves the buyer around £1mn.
    More importantly it allows them to make Loans to the club secured by assets,unlike Roland who has unsecured debt and buyers know that.

Were they ever in?
    FFS!

We've had our chains yanked again and once again the rug is pulled from under us. Always down to the totally unrealistic price that twat wants. Oh well. Stand down everyone.
  • Comes back to Roland’s asking price once again.

As a wise man once said: just sell the club and F OFF

Oi.
    Put the wise back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Back to square one it is.
    Ground hog day resumes.
  • All this and I missed me shout out

Disappointed, France
  • Skipped a lot of pages, why is Danny Murphy getting pelters?

Because he is a dick
  • Skipped a lot of pages, why is Danny Murphy getting pelters?

Because he is a dick
  • edited January 2019

J BLOCK said:

Fair play to Jim White, telling us what he knows. It's not always accurate but he's giving us info in good faith and it's more than we've had in a long time.

Then what's the point in doing that.

I've been told the earth is flat. It might not be accurate but hey ho.....
    Whats the point in what? Telling people what you've been told in good faith (no doubt by someone very high up in the process)? No one cares what your flat earth theory might be, but someone with a reputation in sport like Jim White, people want to hear from.

Were they ever in?
    FFS!

Laughable really

Were they ever in?
    FFS!

So are you saying the Americans have just decided to back out of it all at this late stage?
  • I've felt for some time this is going to be one for his heirs to sort out. He's the sort of stubborn old fool who will carry on losing £6 million a year while holding out for an extra £1 million to show that he was successful after all.
    I really hope Bowyer gets us up this season to give us a cushion from L2/non-league. We're punching above our weight at the moment and this is down to LB/JJ. Should anything go wrong, the owner may well revert to type.

• Sponsored links:

• So do the Americans want the ground to sell it then? Or as security if they're helping the Aussies fund a takeover? Or both?
  • So the reputation of Jim White is now in the gutter alongside 'Done Deal' gate.
  • Effectively two different sets of investors owning different parts of the club/assets is a recipe for disaster.

Is the ACV still active? If so surely The Trust would have to be notified about the split of assets?
    The ACV is attached to the stadium, so if he sold another asset (the Club for instance) then I don’t think there would be any requirement to notify the Trust under the ACV legislation. I’d be astonished if anyone at Charlton knows there’s an ACV or what they have to do to fulfil the requirements of the legislation anyway.

Additionally, as @Airman Brown points out, it doesn’t offer much protection other than making things slightly trickier.
  • se9addick said:

Effectively two different sets of investors owning different parts of the club/assets is a recipe for disaster.

Is the ACV still active? If so surely The Trust would have to be notified about the split of assets?
    The ACV is attached to the stadium, so if he sold another asset (the Club for instance) then I don’t think there would be any requirement to notify the Trust under the ACV legislation. I’d be astonished if anyone at Charlton knows there’s an ACV or what they have to do to fulfil the requirements of the legislation anyway.

Additionally, as @Airman Brown points out, it doesn’t offer much protection other than making things slightly trickier.
    Hold on - just seen that the speculation is over one party buying the stadium and another the club, my response above assumed that Roland would retain the Valley. If he sells the Valley then I’m pretty sure he would have to notify the Trust first under the ACV legislation (that’s not to say the Trust could actually stop him...).
  • edited January 2019
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Effectively two different sets of investors owning different parts of the club/assets is a recipe for disaster.

Hold on - just seen that the speculation is over one party buying the stadium and another the club, my response above assumed that Roland would retain the Valley. If he sells the Valley then I’m pretty sure he would have to notify the Trust first under the ACV legislation (that’s not to say the Trust could actually stop him...).
    Not if he sells the whole thing (Baton) to one entity. It just depends on how the business was structured going forward.
  • So do the Americans want the ground to sell it then? Or as security if they're helping the Aussies fund a takeover? Or both?

Regardless of which one, if true and correct, it sounds like the Aussies (or at the least the Aussies who are left from the original line up), are expecting heavy investment and are offering little to no security. It seems they want people to chuck em money and leave them to it to try and make a return.

• se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I thought the holders of The ACV would then have to be given a 6month window to match the bid for the stadium, wasn't the the point of the original application.

I also remember reading about it expiring, I really hope that didn't happen as I'd rather have RD around than Charlton not own The Valley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!