Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Murphy is a total knob
  • Danny Murphy sounds like he doesn't know why we are moaning, Daisy was a lovely lady ruling over one of the highest budgets in League 1.

He didn't say that though. He said "she spoke well" and she probably did - but probably all her own spin - she suffers from the same self delusion as RD. He also said we had one of the biggest budgets in L1 - which, IIRC was correct at the time. Main issue was they completely wasted it on poor players or on long contracts for players paying them far too much.
  • FWiW I think JW knows more than he is letting on or able to say. However to nail down the "next 12 hours" to me means talks sometime this evening?

Mate. He knows pretty much f*** all.
    Just like the rest of us
    Oh....you know that do you?
    Pure speculation on your part.

I'm just making a considered opinion on what the bloke just said which was pretty much nothing.
    It very much sounds to me like he's been sold a pup.
    This whole bloody thread is pure speculation.
  • Thanks I hate it.
  • Danny Murphy is a tool.

A tool is useful, even if it's a spanner.
  • JW just said talks in next 12 hours and that may unlock the money to do the deal.

Sounds like the Crystal Maze ffs
    Thats good then, least he can point them in the right direction!
  • Sponsored links:

• FWiW I think JW knows more than he is letting on or able to say. However to nail down the "next 12 hours" to me means talks sometime this evening?

Just like the rest of us

I'm just making a considered opinion on what the bloke just said which was pretty much nothing.
    To what end, @carly burn ?
  • JW just said talks in next 12 hours and that may unlock the money to do the deal.

Christophe Lepoint?
  • Skipped a lot of pages, why is Danny Murphy getting pelters?

Just like the rest of us

There's a lot of pure speculation on this thread. Loads more in the past 4 days, some of it made up from person or persons showing how rumours become speculation and maybe fact.

I would err towards Carly speculation. We've had months of knowing the same stuff as everyone else and this latest rumour, (although my heart wants it), I feel it is just regurgitated speculation.

I long for the day when we can once again speculate on what quality players we will bring in for a push for Europe. Not that happened more than once in the old Netaddicks days.

Shelvey in a leopard skin

Sounds like the Crystal Meth
    Great, that should cheers us all up!
  • Skipped a lot of pages, why is Danny Murphy getting pelters?

Mainly because he said Katrien spoke well I believe.
  • Sounds like crystal meth
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
  • Australian consortium according to JW.

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

how does that work? American company buy the ground and training facilities and aussie company buy the club?

Back off as in allow the aussies the day to day running or back off as in be seeing you?
  • edited January 2019

how does that work? American company buy the ground and training facilities and aussie company buy the club?
    Sounds like it to me.
  • Chizz said:

FWiW I think JW knows more than he is letting on or able to say. However to nail down the "next 12 hours" to me means talks sometime this evening?

Just like the rest of us

To what end, @carly burn ?
    We've been here before. Duchatelets found a new mouthpiece.
    Poor Jim just doesn't know it.
  • edited January 2019

Sounds like it to me.
    Doesn't sound ideal... and feeds into the idea the aussies either couldn't afford or wouldn't pay the price for the valley and sparrows lane. Also makes me wonder what the americans would get out the deal?
  • So the Americans are now “out”

So if the Americans are backing off, where does that leave the takeover?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!