Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019
    I would just like to point out that I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of CARD (like the Trust, they wouldn't have me) and if I was you wouldn't have to wait over 20 minutes for a simple release of information.
  • 1488 pages and we are no closer to a sale than we was on page one
  • 1488 pages and we are no closer to a sale than we was on page one

Every post and every page brings us closer, shame we may have only got to a fraction of the amount required.
  • edited January 2019
    It is on here, separate thread (Paulie started it :wink: )
  • Fumbluff said:

It is on here, separate thread (Paulie started it :wink: )

Only one?
  • Also posted on the card thread.

Airmen - are you planning to send a copy of the statement to JW and ask him how / who gave him the statement that we were days away from athe sale, this dosnt stack up. I think he needs to go back to his contact get an explanation and put it out on his show for all to hear.

It does stack up. As the EFL themselves said, if the information is provided and is satisfactory things can move very quickly.

Apart from JW’s source, there was an expectation on the part of the club that it was about to happen at the turn of the year. The fact it didn’t get as far as the EFL doesn’t change the fact that other people - with every reason to know - thought it was about to happen
  • When is the next scheduled grilling of DLT where he suggest something may be happening but nothing has actually happened?
  • When is the next scheduled grilling of DLT where he suggest something may be happening but nothing has actually happened?

It is clearly down to Aussie procrastination so no need to grill DLT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

When is the next scheduled grilling of DLT where he suggest something may be happening but nothing has actually happened?

It is clearly down to Aussie procrastination so no need to grill DLT.
    Not sure it is clear.

Possible but not definite especially as the British group haven't closed the deal either.

We only have LDT unreliable word that the price has been agreed. I'm not convinced it has.
  • edited January 2019
    Is it about time (CARD) we call these Aussie’s out, they’ve had long enough now, looks like a cobbled together consortium which could end up worse than Duchatelet. It’s ok buying the club but then what?
  • Have we got hard facts for this proposed course of action then or have I missed something?
  • Is it about time (CARD) we call these Aussie’s out, they’ve had long enough now, looks like a cobbled together consortium which could end up worse than Duchatelet. It’s ok buying the club but then what?

Call them out for what purpose?

If they haven't got the money, as some say, then they won't buy the club anyway.
  • Other than the length of time they’ve had to get this done , no .However surely we can’t be happy with the way this consortium constantly appears to change shape
  • Other than the length of time they’ve had to get this done , no .However surely we can’t be happy with the way this consortium constantly appears to change shape

"Appears" being the key word. I don't know who the money was or is. They maybe great, maybe not but I know Duchatelet is no good.

• JamesSeed said:

CARD statement from today’s EFL meeting on the way in next hour.

Should get us to 1495 pages
    I hope you're getting 50% of the enormous advertising revenue stream from this thread!
    ;-)
    No, admin have made close to £500k from advertising on this thread and I haven't even got a promote.
    @AFKABartram fancy a beer Saturday mate? Your paying! :)
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

I hope you're getting 50% of the enormous advertising revenue stream from this thread!
    ;-)
    No, admin have made close to £500k from advertising on this thread and I haven't even got a promote.
    You're - tut tut!

Airmen - are you planning to send a copy of the statement to JW and ask him how / who gave him the statement that we were days away from athe sale, this dosnt stack up. I think he needs to go back to his contact get an explanation and put it out on his show for all to hear.

It does stack up. As the EFL themselves said, if the information is provided and is satisfactory things can move very quickly.

Apart from JW’s source, there was an expectation on the part of the club that it was about to happen at the turn of the year. The fact it didn’t get as far as the EFL doesn’t change the fact that other people - with every reason to know - thought it was about to happen
    It does appear that whoever the source is feeding yourself, Jim White, Richard Murray and 'other people with every reason to know' information is talking complete shit.
  • bobmunro said:

JamesSeed said:

;-)
    You're - tut tut!
    He’s @Tutt-Tutt

It does appear that whoever the source is feeding yourself, Jim White, Richard Murray and 'other people with every reason to know' information is talking complete shit.
    Except that they might not be. We don’t really know.
  • JamesSeed said:

Also posted on the card thread.

Right-o.

Richard Murray said it would be done by March.....that's March 2018.

Airman famously said the deal was done.

More recently Jim White said the deal was hours a way.

I would suspect those genuinely in the midst of negotiations are few. This false info appears to be coming from a single original source. Those in the club with every reason to know are more than likely getting info again from this single source.
  • edited January 2019

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

I would suspect those genuinely in the midst of negotiations are few. This false info appears to be coming from a single original source. Those in the club with every reason to know are more than likely getting info again from this single source.
    Leaving us in the dark.

But isn’t Jim’s source Roland?

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

Leaving us in the dark.

Because Roland has never talked shit has he?
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

Leaving us in the dark.

Bingo!
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

Leaving us in the dark.

Bingo!
    *Gasps* in shock.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!