Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Thanks Fanny!
    Let’s hope the tingle returns in full force soon xxx
  • JamesSeed said:

I was told by someone from the club after the match that things were very close to "getting better" ie once the window closes.

Haven't got my head around why the prospective owners would wait until then but I have no reason to disbelieve that information.

Someone you know.?Someone with solid links to the club in the past?
    Respected football journalist? Former board member?The groundsman? Roland's right hand man?

These people know nothing. Not a jot. That is because the great Belgian hasn't got a scooby either. He might wake up tomorrow and think that's it. I'm shot of it. But he probably won't. Could be a month could be a year.
    I believe we will probably know 5 minutes after the cogs in his crack pot head allign and decide it really is time to get out.

So unless you're the nurse that brings him his tablets each morning..or possibly his missus. I'm afraid whatever you think you know..you don't.
    What a charmer.
    After two years I think most of us have earned the right to be a skeptic about anything that’s written anywhere.
    It was the tone I was talking about mate.
  • Chizz said:

I was told by someone from the club after the match that things were very close to "getting better" ie once the window closes.

Haven't got my head around why the prospective owners would wait until then but I have no reason to disbelieve that information.

Thank you for sharing the snippet of information you gleaned.

Sorry that it appears that some people like to steam in with a two-footed challenge on the messenger.
    They may have meant that the chip portion was increasing as of Feb 1st.

Fuck! I assumed it was big news. But I didn't dare to dream it would be THAT big.
  • In all good faith...It’s happening!
  • edited January 2019
    Page 1499...1500 on the horizon...must mean something!
  • I often wonder if certain individuals working within the club are deliberately being fed false information?
    I wonder that too about Jim Whites recent revelations. It’s my firm belief that JW acted in all good faith and genuinely gave out info as to what he thought to be a nailed on deal. So before people start digging him out we need to know the background of where that info originated. Was JW’s source being used as a vehicle to give out false info or was his source the originator of misleading info? Who knows.....but until that can be established IMHO there’s no need to diss JW, who as a sports reporter is looking for a story but also has our best interests at heart as an added bonus/interest. I’m certain he felt a bit of a ass over his mistaken broadcasts, no one likes to look a fool in front of millions of listeners.
    I suppose one could say he sounded off before it was verified, but I dare say he won’t be making the same mistake again about unconfirmed rumours, especially when it come to that lying toad Duchatalet .....which takes me back to the first sentence of my post.

Agree but Airman was able to shed light on Jim Whites sources and I think verify independently.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    LDT was saying it was "90%" done.

JW was being told by the broker of the deal (Keith Harris is my guess) that it was as good as done and only days away.

And I think all of them genuinely believed what they said.

Their mistake was to confuse almost done with actually done.

There was, IMHO, real interest, real talks and a real possibility (maybe there still is) of a deal being done.

But it ain't done and it won't be until it is 100% signed, sealed and delivered and in the OS.
  • edited January 2019
    cafc-west said:

Yep all it will mean is it's the start of the next horizon...I'm going for page 1777,but hoping we will be sole'd by then...
  • cafc-west said:

Yep all it will mean is it's the start of the next horizon...I'm going for page 1777
    When the three sevens clash

• I often wonder if certain individuals working within the club are deliberately being fed false information?
    I wonder that too about Jim Whites recent revelations. It’s my firm belief that JW acted in all good faith and genuinely gave out info as to what he thought to be a nailed on deal. So before people start digging him out we need to know the background of where that info originated. Was JW’s source being used as a vehicle to give out false info or was his source the originator of misleading info? Who knows.....but until that can be established IMHO there’s no need to diss JW, who as a sports reporter is looking for a story but also has our best interests at heart as an added bonus/interest. I’m certain he felt a bit of a ass over his mistaken broadcasts, no one likes to look a fool in front of millions of listeners.
    I suppose one could say he sounded off before it was verified, but I dare say he won’t be making the same mistake again about unconfirmed rumours, especially when it come to that lying toad Duchatalet .....which takes me back to the first sentence of my post.

Agree but Airman was able to shed light on Jim Whites sources and I think verify independently.

Unfortunately, at this point neither the buyer nor the seller is a credible source.
    How true.

JW’s source is highly credible and not from Charlton. At the same time De Turck was telling people it was about to happen, Bowyer had told the Evening Standard there was movement and the fact a buyer was at the TG was verified as was JW’s conference call information.

It’s not unreasonable if both parties and intermediaries are saying the same thing to think that it is true and report it. However, those who have been involved all along are more cautious because of what has happened before.

I think JW was unwise to go in as hard as he did with the 72 hours stuff but I’m absolutely clear that he believed what he reported and that he had good grounds to do so. Unfortunately, at this point neither the buyer nor the seller is a credible source.
    Has there ever been a single credible source throughout this entire fiasco?

One giant game of smoke and mirrors.
    If think you are making the mistake of thinking that because something isnt 100% true is must be 100% false.

The reality lies in-between the two.
    I don't think anyone could argue with that.
  • edited January 2019

I often wonder if certain individuals working within the club are deliberately being fed false information?

JW’s source is highly credible and not from Charlton. At the same time De Turck was telling people it was about to happen, Bowyer had told the Evening Standard there was movement and the fact a buyer was at the TG was verified as was JW’s conference call information.

It’s not unreasonable if both parties and intermediaries are saying the same thing to think that it is true and report it. However, those who have been involved all along are more cautious because of what has happened before.

I think JW was unwise to go in as hard as he did with the 72 hours stuff but I’m absolutely clear that he believed what he reported and that he had good grounds to do so. Unfortunately, at this point neither the buyer nor the seller is a credible source.

Yep there has 😊 just listen to me
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

I often wonder if certain individuals working within the club are deliberately being fed false information?

If think you are making the mistake of thinking that because something isnt 100% true is must be 100% false.

Wanna bet 😉
  • edited January 2019
    Anybody saying it isn’t happening has turned out to be credible, whereas any idiot like me saying it might be has clearly been proven to be lying 😉

Edit: Attempt at humour, hence the winky thingy.
  • James, can you confirm that the Oz consortium is now looking at raising investment on the money markets rather that through interested parties like Muir?
  • Sorry, just trying to get this up to the magic 1500.

Just had a text from GM saying ‘good result yesterday’ btw.

Will that help?
  • JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

Wanna bet 😉
    As long as the bet requires that anyone arguing with that sentence is able properly to understand it.
  • JamesSeed said:

Anybody saying it isn’t happening has turned out to be credible, whereas any idiot like me saying it might be has clearly been proven to be lying 😉

Has anyone said lying? I certainly didn't, I just said not credible.

Correct Henners.

What we also learnt very early is credible sources giving encouragement does not lead to something happening. And ever since the first couple of false dawns they shouldn’t be taking too seriously.

They’ve been credible but ultimately shown to be naive, right the way up to Duchatelet on one side and the Aussies on the other. However the EFL say they received a sale agreement last May and it’s not believable that they are making that up as part of some conspiracy or that it was drawn up and submitted without intent on both sides.
    I don't believe you can be naive and credible.

The sale document just highlights why no one can really know what's going on as RD will always be liable to move the goal posts, I think most people have given the information out in good faith.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!