Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019

RedChaser said:

cafc-west said:

Page 1499...1500 on the horizon...must mean something!

Yep all it will mean is it's the start of the next horizon...I'm going for page 1777,but hoping we will be sole'd by then...
    I'm going for page 1566, why? because we've have had very noteable events on a year ending 66 and here's a sample; 1066 William the Corncurer invaded these Isles, 1666 Great Fire of London and 1966 Championms of the World, I rest my case. :wink:
    1976 spell checkers were invented :smile:
    Corncurer was a play on words Championms was the wine at lunchtime :tongue:
  • edited January 2019

Quite a few posters on here over the last 1500 pages have claimed to be in the know.
    I do not for one minute believe they would deliberately post stuff without being told something.
    The problem is that only one person knows when this club will be sold and that is Roland.
    As he does not post on here I shall wait until it's on the official site.
    That does not mean I don't appreciated what people in the know are prepared to share because I still hang on to any sign that Shitweasel is leaving.
    In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.

Not without a buyer he doesn’t.
    Buyers are two a penny, how many have we got now?
    Plenty of interested parties, no buyers so far - even after one of them agreed the deal and lodged it with the EFL. Unless people think their failure to complete is entirely down to RD, he isn’t in control.
  • Roll on page 2000
  • sam3110 said:

Roll on page 2000

Why 2k ?
  • sam3110 said:

Roll on page 2000

Why 2k ?
    You’re right #team2500
  • Just another week of
    Merry-go-round of Cafc news bites
    See-saw of hope and despair
    Slides of disappointment
    Left hanging on bars
    Swings to yes and no
    Running jumps in the sand pit of quotes
    Bouncy castle of fallen ambition
    Dummies spat out of prams
    Youngsters slipping under the net
    Climbing frame to escape the agent sharks
    Skip ropes are tripping up
    Absent Father from his children
    Just another week
  • cafcwill said:

The Grant sale is a massive sign (to me anyway) that the takeover is still far away

We're in the best position in years to get promotion, with a good team. Roland decides to sell one of the reasons we're up there. Classic Roland.

I'm still #TeamWIOTOS but I don't see it happening until the summer at the earliest.

Oh well

Decides to sell? What do you expect him to do....quadruple Karlan's salary? Or watch him walk away on a free at the end of the season? Really it's a no brainer for our Belgian hero.

• No, but if he were on a two year contract we would either keep him or get more.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Melrose said:

Of course RD was going to sell him. However it's not the sale that's hard to take, It's because Grant almost certainly won't be adequately replaced. Surely it would only be a small gamble to give LB some of the fee to get 1 or 2 quality replacements to get us into the Championship. Shrewd bussiness man, or stubborn old fool?

No he is just a ""

& that's not u Melrose 👌🏻...👍
  • Has it been 48 hours yet?
  • Melrose said:

Of course RD was going to sell him. However it's not the sale that's hard to take, It's because Grant almost certainly won't be adequately replaced. Surely it would only be a small gamble to give LB some of the fee to get 1 or 2 quality replacements to get us into the Championship. Shrewd bussiness man, or stubborn old fool?

Won't the operating costs and losses be greater in The Championship? And he wouldn't provide a squad that would be able to compete.
  • Ferryman said:

Melrose said:

Won't the operating costs and losses be greater in The Championship? And he wouldn't provide a squad that would be able to compete.
    This is very much true. If we were to go up this season, we would come back down instantly if RD continues to own us.
  • Not talking about RD owning us in Championship. Just getting us there. He will get a better price on his investement. When there, hopefully the right owners will push the club forwards
  • addick05 said:

cafcwill said:

The Grant sale is a massive sign (to me anyway) that the takeover is still far away

We're in the best position in years to get promotion, with a good team. Roland decides to sell one of the reasons we're up there. Classic Roland.

I'm still #TeamWIOTOS but I don't see it happening until the summer at the earliest.

Oh well

Decides to sell? What do you expect him to do....quadruple Karlan's salary? Or watch him walk away on a free at the end of the season? Really it's a no brainer for our Belgian hero.

Again. He cannot walk away on a free.
    I miss the days when Katrien used to roll out the reasoning of how we we we're respecting the players wishes for a move, as she would remind us, we should be happy, we saw a Premier league player of the future. Stay humble :)

• Nothing from the club on Twitter or the OS all day. Clearly preparing for the takeover announcement tomorrow.
  • Scoham said:

Nothing from the club on Twitter or the OS all day. Clearly preparing for the takeover announcement tomorrow.

Has to be
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Nothing from the club on Twitter or the OS all day. Clearly preparing for the takeover announcement tomorrow.

Has to be
    I would caution you to wait until news is posted onto the clubs official website.
    You’ll hear it from @DOUCHER first.
    what announcement are we waiting for? the grant thing, told you my friends, its done - completo - done deal shall we say? WIOTOS my arse!!!
  • DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Has to be
    I would caution you to wait until news is posted onto the clubs official website.
    what announcement are we waiting for? the grant thing, told you my friends, its done - completo - done deal shall we say? WIOTOS my arse!!!
    I think you may be thinking of the transfer window thread. This is the thread about the possible sale of our great club.
  • Redrobo said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Has to be
    I think you may be thinking of the transfer window thread. This is the thread about the possible sale of our great club.
    i know
  • edited January 2019
    Larry van Rental: Mr Roland sir, if you want a realistic chance of getting 40 million it would be best to keep all the top players including Mr Grant, Mr Aribo, Mr Taylor, and Mr Bauer to the end of the season when a Championship team in a prime London location may be worth 35 to 40 million with a bit of luck.

Roland Duchatelet: that's a good idea.

Larry Van Rentals: oh by the way, Huddersfield offered 1.5 million plus add ons, for Mr Grant, shall I tell them to do one.

Roland Duchatelet: sell sell sell.

Some names have been changed to protect the innocent.
  • My conclusion is simply that our potential buyers whether they be UK, Aussie or AN Other aren’t prepared to do the deal unless we are promoted and don’t fancy the gamble of funding a League 1 club. Even if RD improves the deal /price maybe our suitors just don’t like the odds of securing promotion.
  • My conclusion is simply that our potential buyers whether they be UK, Aussie or AN Other aren’t prepared to do the deal unless we are promoted and don’t fancy the gamble of funding a League 1 club. Even if RD improves the deal /price maybe our suitors just don’t like the odds of securing promotion.

I think they were happy to buy a League One club last year. So what’s changed? Is it finding investors who share their optimism?
    Have no idea if I’m honest.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!