Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I often wonder if certain individuals working within the club are deliberately being fed false information?
    I wonder that too about Jim Whites recent revelations. It’s my firm belief that JW acted in all good faith and genuinely gave out info as to what he thought to be a nailed on deal. So before people start digging him out we need to know the background of where that info originated. Was JW’s source being used as a vehicle to give out false info or was his source the originator of misleading info? Who knows.....but until that can be established IMHO there’s no need to diss JW, who as a sports reporter is looking for a story but also has our best interests at heart as an added bonus/interest. I’m certain he felt a bit of a ass over his mistaken broadcasts, no one likes to look a fool in front of millions of listeners.
    I suppose one could say he sounded off before it was verified, but I dare say he won’t be making the same mistake again about unconfirmed rumours, especially when it come to that lying toad Duchatalet .....which takes me back to the first sentence of my post.

Agree but Airman was able to shed light on Jim Whites sources and I think verify independently.

JW’s source is highly credible and not from Charlton. At the same time De Turck was telling people it was about to happen, Bowyer had told the Evening Standard there was movement and the fact a buyer was at the TG was verified as was JW’s conference call information.

It’s not unreasonable if both parties and intermediaries are saying the same thing to think that it is true and report it. However, those who have been involved all along are more cautious because of what has happened before.

I think JW was unwise to go in as hard as he did with the 72 hours stuff but I’m absolutely clear that he believed what he reported and that he had good grounds to do so. Unfortunately, at this point neither the buyer nor the seller is a credible source.
    Has there ever been a single credible source throughout this entire fiasco?

One giant game of smoke and mirrors.
    If think you are making the mistake of thinking that because something isnt 100% true is must be 100% false.

The reality lies in-between the two.
    Or maybe both? (cf Schrodinger’s cat)
  • I often wonder if certain individuals working within the club are deliberately being fed false information?
    I wonder that too about Jim Whites recent revelations. It’s my firm belief that JW acted in all good faith and genuinely gave out info as to what he thought to be a nailed on deal. So before people start digging him out we need to know the background of where that info originated. Was JW’s source being used as a vehicle to give out false info or was his source the originator of misleading info? Who knows.....but until that can be established IMHO there’s no need to diss JW, who as a sports reporter is looking for a story but also has our best interests at heart as an added bonus/interest. I’m certain he felt a bit of a ass over his mistaken broadcasts, no one likes to look a fool in front of millions of listeners.
    I suppose one could say he sounded off before it was verified, but I dare say he won’t be making the same mistake again about unconfirmed rumours, especially when it come to that lying toad Duchatalet .....which takes me back to the first sentence of my post.

Agree but Airman was able to shed light on Jim Whites sources and I think verify independently.

JW’s source is highly credible and not from Charlton. At the same time De Turck was telling people it was about to happen, Bowyer had told the Evening Standard there was movement and the fact a buyer was at the TG was verified as was JW’s conference call information.

It’s not unreasonable if both parties and intermediaries are saying the same thing to think that it is true and report it. However, those who have been involved all along are more cautious because of what has happened before.

I think JW was unwise to go in as hard as he did with the 72 hours stuff but I’m absolutely clear that he believed what he reported and that he had good grounds to do so. Unfortunately, at this point neither the buyer nor the seller is a credible source.

If think you are making the mistake of thinking that because something isnt 100% true is must be 100% false.

There’s only one 100% fact ... we haven’t been sold.
  • edited January 2019

I often wonder if certain individuals working within the club are deliberately being fed false information?

They’ve been credible but ultimately shown to be naive, right the way up to Duchatelet on one side and the Aussies on the other. However the EFL say they received a sale agreement last May and it’s not believable that they are making that up as part of some conspiracy or that it was drawn up and submitted without intent on both sides.
    I don't believe you can be naive and credible.

The sale document just highlights why no one can really know what's going on as RD will always be liable to move the goal posts, I think most people have given the information out in good faith.
    The problem is that very few of us are disinterested observers or commentators and that includes White and the SLP and well as you, me, Rick, NLA, the club and Jimmy Seed.

We all want a takeover for the right reasons. We all want to believe that this time it will finally happen. So we try and see the positive in any news while still retaining more or less healthy scepticism. That might be naive but it is human.

We also have to distinguish between a takeover progressing and takeover being completed.

That latter hasn't taken place, yet. The former has but has but just not far enough.
  • edited January 2019

JamesSeed said:

Anybody saying it isn’t happening has turned out to be credible, whereas any idiot like me saying it might be has clearly been proven to be lying 😉

Has anyone said lying? I certainly didn't, I just said not credible.
    Wasn't having a dig at you, (although I have been accused of making the whole thing up by some), I'm just trying to get Henners up to 1500. Going well so far!
  • edited January 2019

cafc-west said:

Page 1499...1500 on the horizon...must mean something!

Yep all it will mean is it's the start of the next horizon...I'm going for page 1777,but hoping we will be sole'd by then...
    I'm going for page 1566, why? because we've have had very noteable events on a year ending 66 and here's a sample; 1066 William the 'Corncurer' invaded these Isles, 1666 Great Fire of London and 1966 Champions of the World, I rest my case. :wink:
  • edited January 2019

I often wonder if certain individuals working within the club are deliberately being fed false information?

They’ve been credible but ultimately shown to be naive, right the way up to Duchatelet on one side and the Aussies on the other. However the EFL say they received a sale agreement last May and it’s not believable that they are making that up as part of some conspiracy or that it was drawn up and submitted without intent on both sides.

The sale document just highlights why no one can really know what's going on as RD will always be liable to move the goal posts, I think most people have given the information out in good faith.
    Credibility is based on position. If you are the seller or the buyer then unless proven otherwise by experience you are going to be credible to a journalist. So are the lawyers, intermediaries, would-be buyers and other affected parties who have reason to be informed.

Nevertheless people in all those roles have been wrong about the situation at various stages and since it’s not conceivable they are all part of a conspiracy that makes them naive, in my opinion.

People who work at the club, know people who work at the club or have random third party connections I wouldn’t rely on as primary sources for this story, even though they might be right in some cases.
  • James, can you confirm that the Oz consortium is now looking at raising investment on the money markets rather that through interested parties like Muir?

Anything is possible, and hasn't that been reported before, some time ago.
    My feeling is that GM has invested heavily in this process (and I assume he wouldn't if he'd know how ludicrously drawn out it would be), and needs it to happen.

I don't think anybody comes out of this particularly well, although the truth will only be known after the sale is concluded. And even that is certain because of confidentiality clauses that RD will have insisted on.
  • RedChaser said:

cafc-west said:

Yep all it will mean is it's the start of the next horizon...I'm going for page 1777,but hoping we will be sole'd by then...
    I'm going for page 1566, why? because we've have had very noteable events on a year ending 66 and here's a sample; 1066 William the Corncurer invaded these Isles, 1666 Great Fire of London and 1966 Championms of the World, I rest my case. :wink:
    1976 spell checkers were invented :smile:
  • JamesSeed said:

Credibility is based on position. If you are the seller or the buyer then unless proven otherwise by experience you are going to be credible to a journalist. So are the lawyers, intermediaries, would-be buyers and other affected parties who have reason to be informed.

Nevertheless people in all those roles have been wrong about the situation at various stages and since it’s not conceivable they are all part of a conspiracy that makes them naive, in my opinion.

People who work at the club, know people who work at the club or have random third party connections I wouldn’t rely on as primary sources for this story, even though they might be right in some cases.
    I think they're only naive to the extent that they don't realise quite how much it all matters to Charlton fans. I image someone on the legal team might reply to the question 'How's the sale going?' with a reply like 'Good thanks. Should be done and dusted in a couple of weeks', believing it likely to be the case.
    Now, if you're a journalist, you're likely to be all over that info like a rash, as JW was recently.

But if the the question was 'How's the sale going, and please bear in mind that this sale is almost life and death to Charlton fans', he or she might give a more considered response.

I know that every time GM has said 'it should be done on Friday', or 'the next two weeks are critical' or whatever, he wasn't trying to wind anyone up, he was just giving his honest, perhaps over optimistic, opinion.
    Since he's learned the amount of stick that's been flying around he's changed to a policy of releasing no info at all, and who could honestly blame him.
    The Aussie briefing around the time of their appearance in the directors box was a lot stronger than that.
  • Sponsored links:

No probs mate ;-)

Can I go now?

.................and counting.
  • Quite a few posters on here over the last 1500 pages have claimed to be in the know.
    I do not for one minute believe they would deliberately post stuff without being told something.
    The problem is that only one person knows when this club will be sold and that is Roland.
    As he does not post on here I shall wait until it's on the official site.
    That does not mean I don't appreciated what people in the know are prepared to share because I still hang on to any sign that Shitweasel is leaving.
    In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.
  • Quite a few posters on here over the last 1500 pages have claimed to be in the know.
    I do not for one minute believe they would deliberately post stuff without being told something.
    The problem is that only one person knows when this club will be sold and that is Roland.
    That does not mean I don't appreciated what people in the know are prepared to share because I still hang on to any sign that Shitweasel is leaving.
    In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.

Sorry, what is the rest?
    In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.

Sorry, what is the rest?
    😁
  • Greenie said:

Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .
    We have some proper lame fans, all deferential to Roly cos we’ve won a few games

That’s unfair. You cannot call fans lame for wanting to forgot the off field problems and concentrate on what could be a good season on the pitch.

Those defending him I don’t agree with, but some fans want to watch us win games and care little about the ownership issues, that doesn’t make them any less a fan.
    I disagree, of course it does, if you dont care about the clubs fortunes and only the teams fortune, then, at some point you wont have a club left to support.
    As a long term boycotters and protester I do feel you are being a little unfair here. The club’s fortune and future is connected to the teams fortune and future and I can understand that having the team playing well and seemingly changing for promotion under a young management will get any Charlton fan excited.

The problem is that under Roland any success is going to be mightily short lived. Many of the players most closely connected to our success will be out of contract in the summer, includin
    In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.

Not without a buyer he doesn’t.
    In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.

Not without a buyer he doesn’t.
    Buyers are two a penny, how many have we got now?
  • Sponsored links:

In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.

Sorry, what is the rest?
    It’s a pub in Chislehurst....correct name The Ramblers Rest.....some locals call it The Ramblers....some locals (the rest that is), call it The Rest.

• CatAddick said:

Or maybe both? (cf Schrodinger’s cat)
    As you have mentioned Schrödinger's cat : how do we know if the cat is alive or dead and have not triggered the poison until the cat is observed inside the box.

Quantum physics has the esoteric solution to the Duchatelet uncertainty principle.
    Last week both Chizz and myself have given examples of the subatomic world which explain the grey matter in Roland Duchatelet's head and how polar opposites views exist, this may seem cabbalistic but to question his sanity and then expect a logical outcome to this impassé is delusory.

Carry on with puns until it's reported on the official site.(was Sid James in that one ?)
  • Did you know that cats are called Katzen in German which almost sounds like Katrien if you have cotton wool plugs in your lugholes.
  • RedChaser said:

cafc-west said:

I'm going for page 1566, why? because we've have had very noteable events on a year ending 66 and here's a sample; 1066 William the Corncurer invaded these Isles, 1666 Great Fire of London and 1966 Championms of the World, I rest my case. :wink:
    I have just deciphered your 66 connection. Its route 66 & an American takeover.
    In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.

Sorry, what is the rest?
    It’s a pub in Chislehurst....correct name The Ramblers Rest.....some locals call it The Ramblers....some locals (the rest that is), call it The Rest.

Been in there a couple of times, once in the esteemed company of @clb74 @blackpool72 and @Ricky_Otto

Nice boozer actually, a shame that I did not enough on me to fully pay the round!
    Half a round from half a man.
  • kiwivalley was here (still)
    In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.

Sorry, what is the rest?

Been in there a couple of times, once in the esteemed company of @clb74 @blackpool72 and @Ricky_Otto

Nice boozer actually, a shame that I did not enough on me to fully pay the round!
    Half a round from half a man.
    I was 10p short on the round, don't exaggerate.
    In the meantime
    Just sell
    You all know the rest.

Sorry, what is the rest?

No, no. Some of us, quite a lot in fact, call it The 'Blers.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!