Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Out of the blue from a mate got a message saying, unnamed on here , trying to buy us but funnily enough our owner being difficult .

I looked up the mob who it could be and it makes no sense ...
    cos they currently own a club but It may be the people who previously owned the business who sold it to them who may be looking to buy us

What a load of shit

Still just a reminder our owner is a back and front (is that allowed )

I think "punani" or "piss flap" is allowed...
  • edited February 2019
    rananegra said:

I'm not convinced about the spite element, but he is clearly stubborn and in his eyes wants to show that he's not lost out significantly on his disastrous acquisition of Charlton: he certainly doesn't want to admit that doing no effective due diligence was a mistake.

I don't think he is particularly motivated by spiting us - but equally he's not motivated not to.
    And he finds himself in a situation where he wants to not lose face so holds out for an unrealistic price and won't shift because he's stubborn even though it will cost him a lot more in the long run. I think his stubbornness is a defining characteristic and no sale is going to happen under him. His heirs will end up selling a team that yo-yos between Leagues 1 and 2, I've no idea when.

It might even be worth putting some pressure on them to have a word with their old man.

I wouldn't be so sure. In some of his interviews, and in some of his recorded conversations with fans in Belgium he comes across as quite bitter about the way fans have 'treated' him and his protégé.
  • Watched the JW/RD interview again on Youtube.

Found the sequence on JW pushing on price very frustrating. RD says a compromise has been reached with the Aussies (and others) and then very firmly says the price is not an issue. JW then says, 'What is the price?' Surely his question should have been, 'So what is the issue?'

The interview then disintegrates imo as JW allows RD time to waffle on (pun intended) about the protests which have clearly rattled him, but in reality have no bearing in his ability to sell the club.
  • Out of the blue from a mate got a message saying, unnamed on here , trying to buy us but funnily enough our owner being difficult .

cos they currently own a club but It may be the people who previously owned the business who sold it to them who may be looking to buy us

What a load of shit

I think "punani" or "piss flap" is allowed...
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

One thing to consider is that the club now refuse to talk to the press about the takeover, saying that they will make any statement through the forum. This is all bollocks as far as I'm concerned, but the local press doesn't have the leverage any more.

What should concern people is that there is a least one person going to FF meetings as a fans' representative and backing RD, while attacking people who criticise the regime. While that might represent a slither of Charlton supporters' views, there is no one regularly present who represents the other extreme and perhaps there needs to be.

Can CARD not get a seat at the table? I can see why the club wouldnt want them to, but if City Addicks can get a spot it seems ridiculous CARD can't.
    Joking, right?
    No, if the club were serious about listening to fans theyd be willing to listen to all fans, however the FF is just a box ticking exercise.
    Exactly.
    No, it's not.

It is far from perfect and not used as well as it should by the club but it's one of the few places fans can directly question the regime and speak truth to power.

The very reluctant denial, under pressure, from LDT about the £70m rebuff, was one example of this.
    Yet we've been told there's proof the denial was a bare-faced lie.

If the club is willing to sit there and lie to fans giving up their free time to attend, you have to wonder how seriously they are taking it.
    Roland and his mouthpiece hold the fans in contempt. We're the ones who drove his beloved "niece" out.

• Addickted said:

Where's Murray in all this? You know, the conduit between the fans and the owner.

Been a year since we last heard from him in an official capacity.

Will be at the next fans forum

What a load of shit

I blame these new people for delaying the sale and their lack of transparency.

I also blame Oah Aah for getting people's hopes up. If it's not done in 72 hours as he promised it was all lies and spin from Roland.

I also blame CARD for no particular reason
    If there’s anybody to blame then blame me.
  • edited February 2019
    While the blame game is taking place can I take the blame for my Aunt Flo from Bermondsey who on Mon, Wed and Friday afternoon does readings with Tarot cards at the end of the pier in Surrey quays.

She is a daft old bat who I haven't spoken to since she took me to a Millwall v Hull city game when I said I wanted to see Lions and Tigers. Still at least I saw 11 clowns even if i didnt see Billy Smart. When you are only 8 these events are very damaging.

After we did the double against the spanners when old big nose was manager, no not Pardew but Mick MaCarthy,
    You remember the season when they had 2 Russians on mega money who did the pub crawl down the old Kent road after training.

My Aunt Flo was so irate she put a curse on "The house of Charlton " and said you will never beat the spanners again.

23 years and counting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

Wow!!!!!!! Never been itk til now !! Just had a 15 min conversation with Keith Harris in my cab.
    As open as he could be. Main points were;

RD very difficult man to deal with. Obstinate and refusing to put any more money in

Price agreed but structure of payment (Gomez / Lookman sell ons etc)

Aussies still include Andrew Muir as main consortium member

Aussies will be good for us if they can get it over the line

No other bidders as far as he’s aware

LdT is a nice guy but is RDs man and is working on his behalf hence the comment re the Aussies having some explaining to do when it’s all over is bollox. All down to RD and his stubbornness

(dont shoot the messenger) he said it’s very close. He even hinted at the dreaded “2 weeks”

Aussies not worried about timing of purchase I.e. they wouldn’t wait til end of season just cos transfer window closed

Everything seems in line with as per @JamesSeed has reported. He now tops my itk list of credibility

What has @JamesSeed reported? Is it a recent update?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Wow!!!!!!! Never been itk til now !! Just had a 15 min conversation with Keith Harris in my cab.

RD very difficult man to deal with. Obstinate and refusing to put any more money in

LdT is a nice guy but is RDs man and is working on his behalf hence the comment re the Aussies having some explaining to do when it’s all over is bollox. All down to RD and his stubbornness

(dont shoot the messenger) he said it’s very close. He even hinted at the dreaded “2 weeks”

Aussies not worried about timing of purchase I.e. they wouldn’t wait til end of season just cos transfer window closed

Everything seems in line with as per @JamesSeed has reported. He now tops my itk list of credibility

Nothing recently. Just the general line of his reports from GM.
    Seems GM and KH are singing from the same sheet
  • DiscoCAFC said:

This takeover talk is like Brexit talk, booooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnng.

As soon as it 'finally' happens then I will celebrate. Jim White for me was the final straw when I got excited when he announced takeover happening soon but that was a load of old pony!

Yep. Far too much horsing around
  • edited February 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Nothing recently. Just the general line of his reports from GM.
    Seems GM and KH are singing from the same sheet
    He’s saying precisely what GM always said, before the news blackout. Good to have it confirmed.
    I think Airman said Harris was the broker?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

thanks @Taxi_Lad

The bit in bold sounds suspiciously like "third-party ownership" if RD wants to retain a financial stake in these players after he sells the club? would it be worth asking the FA if this is allowed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for sharing @Taxi_Lad

Interesting that I was guessing Harris was involved and seems he is.

So maybe sticking point is sell on fees. Greedy bastard Roland, you've sold them once but want more.

Of course, Harris will tell it from his point of view so isn't unbiased but if nothing else should be good for another 20 pages.

As I said RD is determined to get all his money back by hook or crook.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Where was Orville? In the boot?
    No, this is a different Keith Harris. Allegedly.
  • JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Sounds like you're out of the loop buddy.

Keith Harris chirps like a canary when asked.
    You've heard nothing for ages.

Need to up your game.
  • Also, this is nicely deniable for Harris.

Not doubting taxi lad at all but if LDT questions him on it be can say it never happened but the story is out there.

And maybe that is what the Aussies want.

WIOTOS

PS interesting that KH doesn't think there are any other bids?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Now that is interesting news - thanks
  • JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Sounds like you're out of the loop buddy.

Keith Harris chirps like a canary when asked.
    You've heard nothing for ages.

Need to up your game.
    Fortunately I don’t have a game, unless you include backgammon.
  • Matches up with what Fanny said a few weeks ago too.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!