Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2019

They would be mental to buy the club now with the window closed, we don't look good enough to go up and they would just be financing losses until May. I guess they would have a chance to come in and sign up the players out of contract.

That's the most important thing for me now, making sure we have a squad capable of competing next season, whichever division we are in.

Rather they just got in at the moment but for all we know, they might have been pushing for a Jan sale but RD being RD has scuppered that.

Its positive though and if its a case that they come in and look at next season, wherever we are...Ill take that to see him gone and enjoy going to a busier Valley.

He just needs to go.
  • A bit more about Harris here when he was involved with Everton: http://www.evertonfc.com/content/club/board-of-directors/dr-keith-harris-profile

Wasn't he also Chairman at Bristol Rovers a while back?
  • And all the time our idiot owner is out of pocket to the tune of roughly half a million per month! Surely this outweighs any sell on bonuses?!
  • They would be mental to buy the club now with the window closed, we don't look good enough to go up and they would just be financing losses until May. I guess they would have a chance to come in and sign up the players out of contract.

That's the most important thing for me now, making sure we have a squad capable of competing next season, whichever division we are in.

Rather they just got in at the moment but for all we know, they might have been pushing for a Jan sale but RD being RD has scuppered that.

Its positive though and if its a case that they come in and look at next season, wherever we are...Ill take that to see him gone and enjoy going to a busier Valley.

He just needs to go.
    Ah absolutely and the contract situation is one to be fearful of. New owners coming in and addressing that can only be a good thing.

Just personally wouldn't want to buy the club now and finance the losses until the end of the season.
  • edited February 2019
    Has Roland’s stubborn nature surpassed any rational thought that he previously held? He named his price and he’s sticking to it. Better to lose more money than admit he was wrong, again.
  • edited February 2019
    PS @admin I reckon this Keith Harris update is worth a topic title change.
  • Sponsored links:

• 100% locked on FACT
  • The price is agreed except sell on fees = the price is not agreed.

Thanks @Taxi_Lad for sharing, I hope it gets done but despite the 2 weeks comment I still feel there is a long way to go. Would not surprise me if RD kept us until the summer as I thinks Lookman will be sold and he can pocket the sell on first.
  • Aha my suspicions confirmed, there's no such thing as an NDA to a cab driver ... fortunately,

You have been told to back up your information with a link at least!

{searches for a box of tissues in anticipation}
  • Doesn't the potential sell on fee for players go up and down?
    I reckon Gomes sell on fee must go up and down like a nuns draws the amount of injuries he gets.
  • Aha my suspicions confirmed, there's no such thing as an NDA to a cab driver ... fortunately,

You have been told to back up your information with a link at least!

{searches for a box of tissues in anticipation}
    A whole box?!! I'm impressed!

• edited February 2019
    I know RD doesn't do common sense.

However, if he is willing to lose, let's call it £6M pa, then logic might suggest the sell on deals, plus whatever else he wants, is worth more than £6M to him ?
  • Sponsored links:

• What happened to this paperwork that Aussie's had not submitted?
  • edited February 2019

The price is agreed except sell on fees = the price is not agreed.

Thanks @Taxi_Lad for sharing, I hope it gets done but despite the 2 weeks comment I still feel there is a long way to go. Would not surprise me if RD kept us until the summer as I thinks Lookman will be sold and he can pocket the sell on first.

What is the fee likely to be for a very good young player, but one who is only on the fringes of a mid table Premier League side?
    What would Roland's share be?
    Would it be worth his while to incur monthly losses in the hope of a summer sale of Lookman?
    Only asking because I’ve no idea if the maths add up.
    I know even less about the Gomez situation.

The other question is, how common is it for an owner to sell a club but keep a financial interest in future sell on revenue? Seems odd to me.
    I think the issue is that Roland’s model for running Charlton was to finance the operation by selling our best young talent, and he probably feels he did the spending bit without fully exploiting the revenue bit. Tough sh1t bananas I say.
  • I raised the sell-on fees probably being a sticking point way back. If (and its a big IF) sell-on fees were included in the deals for Gudmunsson, Pope, Lookman, and (especially) Gomez (valued at around £50m) and now Grant. Maybe also Cousins and Konsa. If based on appearances, England caps, etc. then we are probably talking about a substantial amount of money and RD will want his cut - but, of course, none of it is guaranteed. Cannot see Gomez leaving Liverpool for many years...
  • Oh blimey, here we go again!
  • edited February 2019
    @bertpalmer
    I for one was looking forward to it
  • So if RD & The Aussies won't sufficiently budge on what they will agree on, the stand off will continue.

Presumably, The Aussies are banking on RD reducing his demands on the basis of his continuing losses.
  • edited February 2019
    It's happening, #donedeal, imminent, 72 hours, no ifs no buts.
  • @ValleyGary - I for one would like to thank you for taking on the arduous task of researching for that screen grab. It must’ve been very hard.

Easy now AUN
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!