Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2019

Taxi_Lad said:

Wow!!!!!!! Never been itk til now !! Just had a 15 min conversation with Keith Harris in my cab.
    As open as he could be. Main points were;

RD very difficult man to deal with. Obstinate and refusing to put any more money in

Price agreed but structure of payment (Gomez / Lookman sell ons etc)

Aussies still include Andrew Muir as main consortium member

Aussies will be good for us if they can get it over the line

No other bidders as far as he’s aware

LdT is a nice guy but is RDs man and is working on his behalf hence the comment re the Aussies having some explaining to do when it’s all over is bollox. All down to RD and his stubbornness

(dont shoot the messenger) he said it’s very close. He even hinted at the dreaded “2 weeks”

Aussies not worried about timing of purchase I.e. they wouldn’t wait til end of season just cos transfer window closed

Everything seems in line with as per @JamesSeed has reported. He now tops my itk list of credibility

Where was Orville? In the boot?
    Thanks for making me laugh out loud.
  • edited February 2019
  • Keith Harris ventriloquist died in 2015 RIP, isn't it time to cut out the jokes.
  • Keith Harris ventriloquist died in 2015 RIP, isn't it time to cut out the jokes.

You mean it was a ghost in @Taxi_Lad cab , no wonder we ain’t been sold it’s just all been a bad dream
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I don't buy this sell on clause stuff tbh, normally a sell on is on profit, not transfer fee.

Cousins zero sell on fee, let alone profit.

Lookman may go soon for about 20 million, so £10 million profit, even at 10% that's only £1 million. Or he might stay at Everton for the duration of his contact and walk.

Pope all the time he is 3rd choice at Burnley maybe 10 at a push, more likely to walk on a bosman at the end of his contract.

JBG see Pope

Gomes will either stay at Liverpool or go to city, barca or Madrid, they won't sell him to United, for 100 plus million, then again could see out his contract and walk on a free. Even if its a 20% sell on RD has lost nearly all that amount since the take over was first rumoured.

If it was all about sell ons RD would have sorted that out ages ago, cash up front discounted as we did with Bent.

I think you may be confusing two things. You can borrow against future payments, so for example if the Darren Bent fee was payable in instalments the club could get someone to lend against the guaranteed future income to support current cash flow.

Add-ons are by definition unpredictable and sell-ons are the least reliable of all. It may be possible to buy them out, but it would be at a significant discount.

You mean it was a ghost in @Taxi_Lad cab , no wonder we ain’t been sold it’s just all been a bad dream
    Roland is the bad dream
  • Was the money unlocked or any hint of it being unlocked?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcwill said:

Was the money unlocked or any hint of it being unlocked?

No.
  • Scoham said:

13 days to go

That's the spirit.
  • Scoham said:

13 days to go

That's the spirit.
    Kill the messenger!
    Only kidding @Taxi_Lad obv.
  • So Harris said price is agreed, just structure of payments (Gomez, Lookman sell ons etc), to be agreed. Cut through it all and that simply says to me that price is still not agreed.

That’s what I was thinking. It’s the total amount of dosh that goes into Roland’s pocket that still hasn’t been agreed, it looks like.
  • edited February 2019

So Harris said price is agreed, just structure of payments (Gomez, Lookman sell ons etc), to be agreed. Cut through it all and that simply says to me that price is still not agreed.

Did we not change the "sell on/add on" deal for Gomez & got another payment.....or was that for another player (Jenkinson ?). I'm sure I remember Richard Murray telling us at a Bromley Addicks meeting....
  • edited February 2019

I am sure I read Toffees turned down £30m for Lookman. Gomez must be £60m+, JBG and Pope £15m each plus minor players. 25% of £120m+ almost pays for RD's cock-ups.

25%? Really hope it’s nowhere near that much.
    @Airman Brown ?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Wow!!!!!!! Never been itk til now !! Just had a 15 min conversation with Keith Harris in my cab.
    As open as he could be. Main points were;

RD very difficult man to deal with. Obstinate and refusing to put any more money in

Price agreed but structure of payment (Gomez / Lookman sell ons etc)

Aussies still include Andrew Muir as main consortium member

Aussies will be good for us if they can get it over the line

No other bidders as far as he’s aware

LdT is a nice guy but is RDs man and is working on his behalf hence the comment re the Aussies having some explaining to do when it’s all over is bollox. All down to RD and his stubbornness

(dont shoot the messenger) he said it’s very close. He even hinted at the dreaded “2 weeks”

Aussies not worried about timing of purchase I.e. they wouldn’t wait til end of season just cos transfer window closed

Everything seems in line with as per @JamesSeed has reported. He now tops my itk list of credibility

Wow, @Taxi_Lad ! A scoop indeed !

How quickly did you realise it was Keith Harris ?

Feeling pretty down at the moment so this has raised my spirits considerably.

Relating the post to Mr F and unsure how to describe who KH is/his place in this process....

Any help gratefully received.

BTW. Should you pick up Michael Buble, PLEASE lock the doors until I can get there....:-)

the bright green duck on his lap gave it away ;)
    Made me laugh out loud that one. I'm so childish.
  • Sponsored links:

Too soon?
  • rikofold said:

Keith Harris ventriloquist died in 2015 RIP, isn't it time to cut out the jokes.

Too soon?
    I’m getting nostalgic for the days of innocent fish puns and pot noodle references.
    Those were the dace!
  • JamesSeed said:

rikofold said:

Keith Harris ventriloquist died in 2015 RIP, isn't it time to cut out the jokes.

Too soon?
    I’m getting nostalgic for the days of innocent fish puns and pot noodle references.
    Those were the dace!
    Which of course was sung by Mary Hopfins.
  • he is definitely enjoying it 100%

This is the true RD the stubborn mean vindictive spiteful cold heartless bastd that made him a billionaire

NLA, well that's two of us who think he is getting perverse pleasure out of the situation. Other CL members don't. TBF they are intelligent fans(in some cases !) who go home and away. Why didn't he get rid otherwise when his muse left for 25 to 30 million which was apparently on the table with some small negotiations on monies owed to ex directors which must happen at other football club as well when they are being sold.

Duchatelet couldn't have got where he is today (net worth 500 million) if he didn't know when to buy and sell and cut your losses when need be and move on.

I smell a Rat.
    Have either of you two met him? I don't believe he gets real pleasure out of anything. He just doesn't want to be seen to have failed.
    Then why is restoring us to The Championship, where we were when he purchased, not a priority?

I never met him but as he was a comedian, having a laugh is likely in the spirit of the man.
  • Ferryman said:

I never met him but as he was a comedian, having a laugh is likely in the spirit of the man.
    I never met him, but I knew Orville well
  • edited February 2019

in the back of a cab?
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3Tk2LpLg755Js0LQF7t3TQ2/the-finalists

"It'll go through once Roland's hero Alan Turing wins greatest person of the 20th century"

Fits with Taxi_Lad's guarantee that it'll be done within 2 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!