Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:

I though Harris was working for the club to sell it?

I think you’ll find brokers work for themselves. The perception is they work for the buyer I but doubt if Harris would be concerned if he ended up bringing someone else in. His name was mentioned before the Aussies surfaced.
    Working for is probably the wrong word, but he is trying to sell the club, regardless of who the buyer is.
  • JamesSeed said:

Another point.

Dr Harris is a serious player in the football takeover world.

He is the Alex Ferguson of football takeovers (not the Guy Luzon).

And he is working for the Australian/American consortium.

That alone suggests to me that they can afford that type of broker and that they are taking this seriously.

And the fact that Harris said ‘Aussies will be good for us if they can get it over the line’ is encouraging.
    Well if they're paying Harris by the hour and he only gets his dough when they finally get it over the line I can see why he thinks it will be good for him.

Fella will never have to work again!
    I heard he was getting a seven figure sum, but he’ll get it on completion. I doubt he’s paid per hour.
    That's the gig economy for you.
  • I can't believe Roland is only 72, he looks about 85. Its gonna to be a tedious 15/20 years whilst we wait for him to kick the bucket
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Knowing our luck he’ll keel over just as he’s about to sign on the dotted line and it’ll be delayed another 2 years

Just before our opening game in the 2025 Conference South season against Welling :(
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Knowing our luck he’ll keel over just as he’s about to sign on the dotted line and it’ll be delayed another 2 years

Can just see Bowyer picking his hand up and signing it ala Partridge
    ...and wearing a Castrol GTX bomber jacket to the funeral.
    Have you got a battery for an Ericsson?
  • Another point.

That alone suggests to me that they can afford that type of broker and that they are taking this seriously.

Surely Gérard Murphy is acting for the Aussie and Harris finding bidders for RD, hence his knowledge that it's a one horse race. Why would Oz group need two brokers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Well at least there are some potential fresh questions to ask LDT at the FF on 20th February.

For example the reps could ask if the hold up is really just due to the Australian consortium finalising their structure and submitting the appropriate paperwork to the EFL, or is it also because there are ongoing negotiations around potential sharing of sell on fees? Therefore, isn't it misleading for LDT to indicate a price really is agreed?

I can imagine Harris would not be too popular with the club as am sure his name would end up being quoted as the source.
  • Another point.

Surely Gérard Murphy is acting for the Aussie and Harris finding bidders for RD, hence his knowledge that it's a one horse race. Why would Oz group need two brokers?
    I love the accent over the e (é)!
  • If you look at his profile Harris has brokered a lot of football deals. How does this sit with being Vice Chairman of another Club, Everton?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Have you got a battery for an Ericsson?
    Now have to watch this series again for about the 4th time, only watched Peep show from start to finish more times
  • 100 new posts... TLDR any news?
  • Dazzler21 said:

100 new posts... TLDR any news?

Yes, loads but too long to repeat
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Perhaps KHs name could be kept out of he FF? Just refer to him as a source. He could put it in a complaint about me to mytaxi albeit unlikely

But also don’t risk Roland going batshit about breaking the NDA and pulling the plug like with the Forest fella

Yes, understand both sensitivities.

Could just float the questions without mentioning a source and see how LDT responds. Assuming Harris IS regarded as an honest broker, if LDT continues to say price is agreed and the club are just waiting for the consortium to get their act together and submit paperwork, it gives some indication as to how much to believe what he says.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:

Perhaps KHs name could be kept out of he FF? Just refer to him as a source. He could put it in a complaint about me to mytaxi albeit unlikely

But also don’t risk Roland going batshit about breaking the NDA and pulling the plug like with the Forest fella

Unfortunately mate, once a name is out there it’s out there, as I should know.

It’ll be fine. If he was that bothered he wouldn’t have told a Charlton fan anything. Or he might have said don’t tell anyone, or I’ll .....
  • JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

It’ll be fine. If he was that bothered he wouldn’t have told a Charlton fan anything. Or he might have said don’t tell anyone, or I’ll .....
    Yeah, but, in fairness, it was your own fault for choosing the name of a former manager...
  • edited February 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

@Dazzler21 The deal is back on and should be complete sometime in the next two weeks or later. The buyers aren't aware of who the other buyers are; but neither are the other buyers. LdT is planning to provide some information at the next FF meeting, but we are not allowed to say what "FF" stands for any more, because swearing's been banned. RD is still planning to sell the club, but there are a few things he hasn't finalised yet: how much for, to whom, when and which club.

Also, one poster had a long chat with the guy that's central to the whole deal and provided him with all the information he asked about. It was really interesting. I bet you wish you'd read it now.

Hope that helps..!
  • JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I didn't want to say the same to @Taxi_Lad as he sounded a tad worried! :wink:
  • JamesSeed said:

Another point.

I love the accent over the e (é)!
    Don:t you love Spellchecker?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Yes, loads but too long to repeat
    Perfect, that's a no then! 🤣
  • Are you sure you didn’t get him confused with Rolf Harris @Taxi_Lad
  • edited February 2019
    CafcCrazy said:

Are you sure you didn’t get him confused with Rolf Harris @Taxi_Lad

Can you tell what it is yet?

🎼Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangaroo down🎼 :smiley: .
  • If the price had been agreed, but not specific details, what's been going on for the last 12 months?

I don't understand how the Aussies could let this process drag on so long, missing 3 transfer windows (Jan 18, summer 18 and Jan 19), while presumably their legal fees etc continue to mount up? Something doesn't add up to me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!