Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Our problem is Roland's not for Turing.
  • JamesSeed said:

I am sure I read Toffees turned down £30m for Lookman. Gomez must be £60m+, JBG and Pope £15m each plus minor players. 25% of £120m+ almost pays for RD's cock-ups.

25%? Really hope it’s nowhere near that much.
    @Airman Brown ?
    20% of profit is possible, although we have to remember who negotiated the deal.
    Km probably managed to negotiate us paying 10% on behalf of the buying team!
  • Our problem is Cafc Mr enigma is harder to crack.
  • Thanks to Taxi Lad we now have a new potential scapegoat.

Who?? Orville?
  • I still think that it is not just the possible sell on fees but also payments based on promotion to the championship and the premier league.

Roland the Irrational
  • Our problem is Roland is a xxxx

I refer you to the right honourable gentlemen's answers from the last 5 years,

Mr Blackpool 72 and Mr Soapy Jones.
  • The Aussie know what Roland wants so not making a formal bid is not really a big deal.

Surely it's a

I still think that it is not just the possible sell on fees but also payments based on promotion to the championship and the premier league.

Roland the Irrational

I agree, that would sum him up wanting others to fix his mistakes with there money and still profit form it.
  • I still think that it is not just the possible sell on fees but also payments based on promotion to the championship and the premier league.

Roland the Irrational

Plus any international appearances (esp. Gomez and Pope). Also the mention of 'payment structure' might be down to how much paid up front, how much on promotion(s), how much on final league positions, cup progress (won't see much returns there) or even payments to him spread over several years. I wouldn't be surprised if RD expects a big bonus if we ever made it to the Premier League. As others have said, he doesn't care about the club or the fans or success - all he wants is his money back and 'saving face'.
  • The only way Roland could expect any further payments for future promotions is if he is selling the club at a discounted price.
    I think that we can safely say that that isn't the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019

I still think that it is not just the possible sell on fees but also payments based on promotion to the championship and the premier league.

Roland the Irrational

It is without doubt that in the smoke and mirrors world of RD and it's true about the info on Batshuayi's transfers and Lookman, Pope, Gomez etc,then mix in what division Cafc will be in after the sale with
    caveats which Duchatelet has included, the Devils in the detail has never been more apt.
  • JamesSeed said:

I am sure I read Toffees turned down £30m for Lookman. Gomez must be £60m+, JBG and Pope £15m each plus minor players. 25% of £120m+ almost pays for RD's cock-ups.

25%? Really hope it’s nowhere near that much.
    @Airman Brown ?
    20% of profit is possible, although we have to remember who negotiated the deals.
    If there is a 20% on profit clause on Gomez its worth a lot of money. However I think we were led to believe that Liverpool triggered a release clause which makes it actually quite unlikely.
  • Our problem is Cafc Mr enigma is harder to crack.

• How quickly did you realise it was Keith Harris

It was the fact that he was elbow deep in green feathers that gave it away.

Not too late am I?
  • So, can that bird really talk or not?
  • So, can that bird really talk or not?

No, but it can fly
  • edited February 2019
    cfgs said:

What upsets me most about this thread is the fact that all of you have forgotten Cuddles the monkey so easily.

If I remember rightly, Cuddles was quite a rude primate.

Taken from Wiki:

"Cuddles the Monkey was one half of Keith Harris's puppet act, the sidekick and nemesis of Orville the Duck. The monkey was orange, with a blue face. He wore a white shirt collar and blue tie, and his catchphrase was "I hate that duck". In the TV show actress Ruth Verrall played the part of Cuddles when movement was needed. "

No wonder people have forgotten him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

cfgs said:

What upsets me most about this thread is the fact that all of you have forgotten Cuddles the monkey so easily.

If I remember rightly, Cuddles was quite a rude primate.

Taken from Wiki:

"Cuddles the Monkey was one half of Keith Harris's puppet act, the sidekick and nemesis of Orville the Duck. The monkey was orange, with a blue face. He wore a white shirt collar and blue tie, and his catchphrase was "I hate that duck". In the TV show actress Ruth Verrall played the part of Cuddles when movement was needed. "

No wonder people have forgotten him.
    Orville's nemesis. Lol
  • Another point.

Dr Harris is a serious player in the football takeover world.

He is the Alex Ferguson of football takeovers (not the Guy Luzon).

And he is working for the Australian/American consortium.

That alone suggests to me that they can afford that type of broker and that they are taking this seriously.

And the fact that Harris said ‘Aussies will be good for us if they can get it over the line’ is encouraging.
  • I though Harris was working for the club to sell it?
  • cfgs said:

@Cabbles is a monkey? - Well I never, writes rather well at times for one
    Hmmmm. Nah. :wink:
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I though Harris was working for the club to sell it?

Seems unlikely given what @Taxi_Lad said about RD being difficult.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I though Harris was working for the club to sell it?

I think you’ll find brokers work for themselves. The perception is they work for the buyer I but doubt if Harris would be concerned if he ended up bringing someone else in. His name was mentioned before the Aussies surfaced.
  • JamesSeed said:

Another point.

That alone suggests to me that they can afford that type of broker and that they are taking this seriously.

And the fact that Harris said ‘Aussies will be good for us if they can get it over the line’ is encouraging.
    Well if they're paying Harris by the hour and he only gets his dough when they finally get it over the line I can see why he thinks it will be good for him.

Fella will never have to work again!
  • JamesSeed said:

Another point.

Well if they're paying Harris by the hour and he only gets his dough when they finally get it over the line I can see why he thinks it will be good for him.

I heard he was getting a seven figure sum, but he’ll get it on completion. I doubt he’s paid per hour.
  • JamesSeed said:

Another point.

Ooh I think you’ll find he gets paid no matter who buys the club.

And wouldn’t he be on a percentage rather than being paid hourly?

‘His deal-making track record includes playing a part in the acquisition of Chelsea by Roman Abramovich, Aston Villa by Randy Lerner and Manchester City by Thaksin Shinawatra. Other deals involve Crystal Palace, Swansea City, West Ham United and Fulham.’ - Liverpool Echo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!