Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Taxi_Lad said:

Wow!!!!!!! Never been itk til now !! Just had a 15 min conversation with Keith Harris in my cab.
    As open as he could be. Main points were;

RD very difficult man to deal with. Obstinate and refusing to put any more money in

Price agreed but structure of payment (Gomez / Lookman sell ons etc)

Aussies still include Andrew Muir as main consortium member

Aussies will be good for us if they can get it over the line

No other bidders as far as he’s aware

LdT is a nice guy but is RDs man and is working on his behalf hence the comment re the Aussies having some explaining to do when it’s all over is bollox. All down to RD and his stubbornness

(dont shoot the messenger) he said it’s very close. He even hinted at the dreaded “2 weeks”

Aussies not worried about timing of purchase I.e. they wouldn’t wait til end of season just cos transfer window closed

Everything seems in line with as per @JamesSeed has reported. He now tops my itk list of credibility

So its definitely aint RedBull then ????

did he mention my survey??
    You could probably get away with a survey now as the flags have been removed.
    A bit boring though.
  • Ferryman said:

Cafc43v3r said:

I am pretty sure sell on fees, like in this example, don't constitute 3rd party ownership, as defined. Mainly because RD would have no control over any further transfer, or lack of. Didn't Leeds United and later spurs raise money to by players from 3td party finance companies, who were due a % of future sales?

We used a 3rd party finance company in the Darren Bent sale.

Thanks for sharing @Taxi_Lad

Interesting that I was guessing Harris was involved and seems he is.

So maybe sticking point is sell on fees. Greedy bastard Roland, you've sold them once but want more.

Of course, Harris will tell it from his point of view so isn't unbiased but if nothing else should be good for another 20 pages.

As I said RD is determined to get all his money back by hook or crook.
    Two hopes of that and one of them is Bob.
  • I know RD doesn't do common sense.

However, if he is willing to lose, let's call it £6M pa, then logic might suggest the sell on deals, plus whatever else he wants, is worth more than £6M to him ?

Maybe that's his view?

For example (all numbers made up), if Gomez was worth £30m last season, prior to the world cup, and presuming we have a 10% sell on fee (over and above the £3.5m that Liverpool paid), then that was worth around £3m to RD. But if he's now worth £50m, that shows a £2m increase in his book value to RD. If his apparent value increases next year by another £20m (and if van Dijk is worth that much, then why not!), then that is £2m each year on his value to RD. (He may or may not ever be sold, and values can of course go down as well as up!)

But if we use the same formula for Lookman, that could be worth £1m-£2m a year, and maybe with Gudmundsson, Pope, etc added in then RD could easily say that his "assets" are increasing in value what he is losing at CAFC (c£6m per season).

How he realises those assets, if ever, is another matter.
  • edited February 2019

So if RD & The Aussies won't sufficiently budge on what they will agree on, the stand off will continue.

Presumably, The Aussies are banking on RD reducing his demands on the basis of his continuing losses.

I reckon they are bleeding him out.

If the scenario is that RD thinks he is entitled to all the sell-on clauses in the player sales under his stewardship, I could understand the issue.
    As there is no guarantee if or when add-ons pay. Its the annualised value of these add-ons (which is difficult to establish as there is no guarantee) v the annualised losses that would form a book value and this maybe the reason that he was trying so hard to reduce costs wherever he could.
    The Aussies may well be letting him realise his losses whist he holds out for potential future payments from the sales of Gomez, Lookman etc.
  • Pedro45 said:

I know RD doesn't do common sense.

However, if he is willing to lose, let's call it £6M pa, then logic might suggest the sell on deals, plus whatever else he wants, is worth more than £6M to him ?

Maybe that's his view?

For example (all numbers made up), if Gomez was worth £30m last season, prior to the world cup, and presuming we have a 10% sell on fee (over and above the £3.5m that Liverpool paid), then that was worth around £3m to RD. But if he's now worth £50m, that shows a £2m increase in his book value to RD. If his apparent value increases next year by another £20m (and if van Dijk is worth that much, then why not!), then that is £2m each year on his value to RD. (He may or may not ever be sold, and values can of course go down as well as up!)

But if we use the same formula for Lookman, that could be worth £1m-£2m a year, and maybe with Gudmundsson, Pope, etc added in then RD could easily say that his "assets" are increasing in value what he is losing at CAFC (c£6m per season).

He could do what we have apparently done before.....approach the current owning club and offer to accept a lower payment now in exchange for wiping out any possible future valued payment on initially agreed terms
  • Pedro45 said:

Maybe that's his view?

He could do what we have apparently done before.....approach the current owning club and offer to accept a lower payment now in exchange for wiping out any possible future valued payment on initially agreed terms
    and they could say we'll pay you nothing as we do not intend to sell the palyer
  • Pedro45 said:

Maybe that's his view?

Yes, I was thinking the same.

This could run indefinitely, unless one or both parties budge and come to an agreement.
  • edited February 2019

Pedro45 said:

Maybe that's his view?

Yes, I was thinking the same.

This could run indefinitely, unless one or both parties budge and come to an agreement.
    So, a case of who blinks first ?

Does anyone know if the Rat has a nervous tic ?
  • What happened to this paperwork that Aussie's had not submitted?

Precisely.

A few weeks back an EFL official was quoted as saying neither the proof of funds and the names of the backers had been lodged.

Perhaps things have moved forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

JamesSeed said:

Well a least it gives us a hint of chink of light at the end of the tunnel.

It's so good to know that in two weeks this will all be over.
    Yep & all we need is a little patience (says GNR & Slade)
  • (8) Lets go round again (8) 😜
  • edited February 2019
    In a fortnights time after the completion of the takeover and scarfy has been paraded at The Valley with the Aussies. How long do we give it until the moaning starts again?
  • "Where to Guv ?"

"Blandford st, EFL headquarters in London and step on it driver."

"As your the famous Heath Rarris, the well know football broker and go to man, have you any rumour nuggets to chew on while I drive."

"That makes a change from talking about Brexit. Yes i'm in negotiations with CAFC,
    DLT is the guy I'm dealing with, on behalf of a Belgian Behemoth called Douchebag.
    Only met him a couple of times but he like Scrooge, but tighter.
    He's got yellow teeth and shoes that have 100K on the clock. I heard he went to a fancy dress party with his son and they just put stockings over their heads"

"What you mean they went as bank robbers Guv ?"

"No, they went as a pair of tights."

"What's the time scale now on this deal"

"Two weeks but don't tell a soul driver"

My lips are sealed Guv, my lips are sealed.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Deserves more than one LOL
    Bravo!!!
  • come on athletic woooooooooooooo
  • Doesn’t take much to re ignite this thread!!!!! If we are still going to make the film of all the characters involved in this thread, please count me out - just reading the last couple of pages chewing over all this bollox has given me a dullness Induced headache. Surely it’s all just a load of Shute made up to sustain rd’s tenure - it got rid of Meire and robbo which was s plus biut I can see no end to rd’s nonsense ownership
  • Jesus wept, will you people never learn?
    WIOTOS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dr Harris is still a director at Everton so seems unlikely to be our new CEO but he is a well known and well connected broker.
  • What happened to this paperwork that Aussie's had not submitted?

Precisely.

A few weeks back an EFL official was quoted as saying neither the proof of funds and the names of the backers had been lodged.

Perhaps things have moved forward.
    Not sure they’ve been particularly consistent these EFL officials.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

"Where to Guv ?"

"Blandford st, EFL headquarters in London and step on it driver."

"As your the famous Heath Rarris, the well know football broker and go to man, have you any rumour nuggets to chew on while I drive."

"That makes a change from talking about Brexit. Yes i'm in negotiations with CAFC,
    DLT is the guy I'm dealing with, on behalf of a Belgian Behemoth called Douchebag.
    Only met him a couple of times but he like Scrooge, but tighter.
    He's got yellow teeth and shoes that have 100K on the clock. I heard he went to a fancy dress party with his son and they just put stockings over their heads"

"What you mean they went as bank robbers Guv ?"

"No, they went as a pair of tights."

"What's the time scale now on this deal"

"Two weeks but don't tell a soul driver"

My lips are sealed Guv, my lips are sealed.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Deserves more than one LOL
    Bravo!!!
    Thanks again Taxi lad for sharing.
    After the last week we needed some hope.
    Not there yet, but maybe, just maybe.
  • I can now reveal that everything posted on this thread has been 100% accurate and in line with my sources. Just one inaccuracy on pg 13. VB is definitely NOT good.
  • edited February 2019
    ‘LdT is a nice guy but is RD’s man and is working on his behalf, hence the comment re the Aussies having some explaining to do when it’s all over is bollox. All down to RD and his stubbornness’.

That should go down well at the Fans Forum!
  • addick05 said:

Aha my suspicions confirmed, there's no such thing as an NDA to a cab driver ... fortunately,

You have been told to back up your information with a link at least!

{searches for a box of tissues in anticipation}
    A whole box?!! I'm impressed!

What can I say? The royalties from Viz come in handy, just call me Buster G!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!