Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Isn’t this exciting...it’s happening!
  • It's all balderdash, Dushitelet will still be here come the end of the season.

Let's see where we are in August.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Perhaps KHs name could be kept out of he FF? Just refer to him as a source. He could put it in a complaint about me to mytaxi albeit unlikely

But also don’t risk Roland going batshit about breaking the NDA and pulling the plug like with the Forest fella

Yes, understand both sensitivities.

Could just float the questions without mentioning a source and see how LDT responds. Assuming Harris IS regarded as an honest broker, if LDT continues to say price is agreed and the club are just waiting for the consortium to get their act together and submit paperwork, it gives some indication as to how much to believe what he says.
    But Roland printed off CL for Jim White. I wonder if LDT will show this thread?
  • RedChaser said:

CafcCrazy said:

Are you sure you didn’t get him confused with Rolf Harris @Taxi_Lad

Can you tell what it is yet?

🎼Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangaroo down🎼 :smiley: .
    No need to bring nonces into it!
  • JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Perhaps KHs name could be kept out of he FF? Just refer to him as a source. He could put it in a complaint about me to mytaxi albeit unlikely

But also don’t risk Roland going batshit about breaking the NDA and pulling the plug like with the Forest fella

Unfortunately mate, once a name is out there it’s out there, as I should know.

It’ll be fine. If he was that bothered he wouldn’t have told a Charlton fan anything. Or he might have said don’t tell anyone, or I’ll .....
    People always say what they want passed on.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Obviously we shouldn’t jest due to the potential of any wrist slapping but secretly I’m loving the idea of him complaining and being summonsed in to taxiHQ to idly thumb through the 19,000 driver mug shots shaking his fist as he goes....
  • edited February 2019
    Ferryman said:

RedChaser said:

CafcCrazy said:

Are you sure you didn’t get him confused with Rolf Harris @Taxi_Lad

Can you tell what it is yet?

🎼Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangaroo down🎼 :smiley: .
    No need to bring nonces into it!
    Quite agee.
  • Ferryman said:

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

It’ll be fine. If he was that bothered he wouldn’t have told a Charlton fan anything. Or he might have said don’t tell anyone, or I’ll .....
    I make you right on that.
  • vffvff
    edited February 2019

cafcwill said:

They would be mental to buy the club now with the window closed, we don't look good enough to go up and they would just be financing losses until May. I guess they would have a chance to come in and sign up the players out of contract.

That's the most important thing for me now, making sure we have a squad capable of competing next season, whichever division we are in.

Remember Bowyer inherited Robinson's squad last season and took us into the playoffs.

If the Aussies complete the deal now, they could help provide the stability the club needs to kick on next year whatever league we're in.

Thanks for sharing your update @Taxi_Lad
    I am like Mulder in the X files - I want to believe. WIOTOS but great to read Taxi lads update.

Great if takeover can happen soon as the out of contract players situation can be sorted. Some players may be persuaded to stay if there is ambition again at the club.

• edited February 2019
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I make you right on that.
    GM didn’t tell me stuff in order for it to be passed on I assure you. Had to persuade him to let me. You’re all sooooooo cynical lol
  • Maybe not

I seem to have two quote buttos and some fancy icons

• Yes I’ve got two quote buttons too. What will they think of next!?

• edited February 2019

It's OK. Relax. I'm quite sure Tom (Rubbershoes) of Charlton doesn't read this site.

At least, not very often.

There's very little chance this will all get back to Roland.

• JamesSeed said:

Yes I’ve got two quote buttons too. What will they think of next!?

Is it me or is the quoting business all looking a bit jazzed up ...
    Hmmmm some ploy to take Tourette’s off my mind maybe ffs
  • No my quote is shit

Maybe not

I seem to have two quote buttos and some fancy icons

But Henry’s and JS’s looked different
  • edited February 2019

This is what I mean

I mean seriously 6 of the pictures came up there before I edited
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

Knowing our luck he’ll keel over just as he’s about to sign on the dotted line and it’ll be delayed another 2 years

Can just see Bowyer picking his hand up and signing it ala Partridge
    ...and wearing a Castrol GTX bomber jacket to the funeral.
    Have you got a battery for an Ericsson?
    “Are you okay?”

“I want to go and talk to him over there”

“Well go and talk to him then”
  • Ferryman said:

he is definitely enjoying it 100%

This is the true RD the stubborn mean vindictive spiteful cold heartless bastd that made him a billionaire

NLA, well that's two of us who think he is getting perverse pleasure out of the situation. Other CL members don't. TBF they are intelligent fans(in some cases !) who go home and away. Why didn't he get rid otherwise when his muse left for 25 to 30 million which was apparently on the table with some small negotiations on monies owed to ex directors which must happen at other football club as well when they are being sold.

Duchatelet couldn't have got where he is today (net worth 500 million) if he didn't know when to buy and sell and cut your losses when need be and move on.

I smell a Rat.
    Have either of you two met him? I don't believe he gets real pleasure out of anything. He just doesn't want to be seen to have failed.
    Then why is restoring us to The Championship, where we were when he purchased, not a priority?
    Should have elaborated. He doesn't want to be seen to have failed financially
  • That James Seed huh? After we named a stand after his family and everything huh? despite the wonderful Katrien saying that we don't respect dear history of dear clob!

• Never have got this quality of intel from an Uber driver.

God bless the London cabbie.
  • Wow!!!! 12hrs 11mins between posts on this mighty thread during the day, that must be some kind of record, is this the calm before the storm?
  • Addickted said:
    I've been told that one of the bidders will be present on Saturday.

Let's hope there are some cameras aimed at the Directors box to aid identification.
    Source?
  • Addickted said:
    I've been told that one of the bidders will be present on Saturday.

Let's hope there are some cameras aimed at the Directors box to aid identification.
    Source?
    Cannot say, but they are definitely British.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!