Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I can't deny that Taxi_lad's encounter has buoyed me with a little hope amidst the doom and gloom.
    But wasn't it rumoured to have been Harris that fed Jim White the basis of his ejaculatory 48-72 hours

:As an interesting aside, did you know that Sherlock Holmes and his friend Watson ejaculated a total of 23 times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9mRtTahZTM
    Victoria not impressed with the boys juvenile tittering 
     :) 
  • One of these times it will happen. Why not this ?
    Because we're dealing with this bloke...

It was such a heart warming welcome to all the fans.
    I bet the miserable bastard's a vegan :-)
    If you look really closely you can see him clutching a very small roll of duct tape in his pocket...oh no wait... my mistake...
  • And in case you thought it is just football where Roland DOES do failure...

,,, One of his pet political hobby-horses is the benefit of having a universal basic wage (ie everyone has a guaranteed basic income which they get whether or not they are working, job-seeking, or whatever)

Finland has just completed a 2 year experiment of the scheme, which was supposed to encourage the jobless to take up less well paid or insecure jobs in the gig economy because they had the basic wage as a back-up.

And guess what folks...

… unemployment levels appear to not have been affected.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47169549

At least it did make the recipients happier ( which is more than Roland has achieved for football fans!)

• I can't deny that Taxi_lad's encounter has buoyed me with a little hope amidst the doom and gloom.
    But wasn't it rumoured to have been Harris that fed Jim White the basis of his ejaculatory 48-72 hours

:As an interesting aside, did you know that Sherlock Holmes and his friend Watson ejaculated a total of 23 times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9mRtTahZTM
    Victoria not impressed with the boys juvenile tittering 
     :) 
    I read a few Sherlock books before I saw that sketch. 

I must admit to being surprised at the use of that word and even more surprised at how childish I am, as I tittered uncontrollably through the next few paragraphs.  
  • Let’s hope there’s some faces in the Directors box today.

• CafcSCP said:
    Let’s hope there’s some faces in the Directors box today.

Or some hats with corks on them !
  • CafcSCP said:
    Let’s hope there’s some faeces in the Directors box today.

Oh I’m sure there will be
  • CafcSCP said:
    Let’s hope there’s some faces in the Directors box today.

They will all be there proudly holding their CAFC scaff aloft in a sign of togetherness 
  • edited February 2019
    https://twitter.com/bobwhitehand/status/1094193126858731520?s=21

Bob Whitehand on Twitter

The Yawn yesterday was because CAFC takeover rumours are tiresome , you can't sell something for more than it's worth.

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Bob Whitehand on Twitter

The Yawn yesterday was because CAFC takeover rumours are tiresome , you can't sell something for more than it's worth.

Equally though something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and if the Aussies have agreed then that’s that!!
  • Ffs there's a kangaroo in the directors box.
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Scoham said:

Bob Whitehand on Twitter

Equally though something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and if the Aussies have agreed then that’s that!!
    Have they agreed?
  • Ffs there's a kangaroo in the directors box.
    It's big Tone in his going away outfit
  • Fumbluff said:
    CafcSCP said:

Oops. Only just seen that lol 
  • Fumbluff said:
    CafcSCP said:

Oops. Only just seen that lol 
  • Any rumours today?
  • I saw @JamesSeed today.  That's it really.
  • Sponsored links:

• The sale of Charlton thread will become PART TIME from March 1st.

For health and safety reasons.
  • cfgs said:
    LTKapal said:
    Scoham said:
    Any rumours today?
    rumour is golfie got his car locked in a carpark
    I doubt even that could dent his happy demeanour.
    On the basis he 'gets off' on being miserable/moaning/wtf else.
  • JamesSeed said:’.
    Been here before, but surely this time?
    Will prove no different to all the other times...

Must seem like that to you, but a sale will happen eventually or we’re dooooooomed
  • Maybe be balls but my brother said he met some academy players in zens Friday night and they said that it was basically dine hence Phillips getting signed - however they said they were told that before when it was rumoured to be close. Also could also be drunken boasting/exaggeration. 

No clue to the validity of the story but hey ho
  • Gammon said:
    Maybe be balls but my brother said he met some academy players in zens Friday night and they said that it was basically dine hence Phillips getting signed - however they said they were told that before when it was rumoured to be close. Also could also be drunken boasting/exaggeration. 

So you’re saying it’s definitely happening, probably within the next two weeks, but there might be some hurdles to overcome?
  • Gammon said:
    Maybe be balls but my brother said he met some academy players in zens Friday night and they said that it was basically dine hence Phillips getting signed - however they said they were told that before when it was rumoured to be close. Also could also be drunken boasting/exaggeration. 

Sounds like a Porky Gammon because Lyle Taylor said on Thursday he'd heard sweet FA. That's also why he wasn't confident on that Sunderland  home match when it was happening, or not happening as it turned out.
  • Gammon said:

Zens...🤔,gee has it been that long since this takeover was meant to have happened...😥
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!