Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So, any takeover news yesterday?......please!!
    Muir is now the only Australian investor, which suggests they are in no position to complete, but the party who walked away after being quoted more than £70m before Christmas are now back at the table.
    What about the Americans who were said to be involved with the Aussies? 
    No indication they are willing to commit.
    Cheers Airman. What a mess. 
    Muir is now the only Australian investor, which suggests they are in no position to complete, but the party who walked away after being quoted more than £70m before Christmas are now back at the table.
    How much back at the table? Made a bid? Just enquiry? Viable option? Which table? Kids table? 
  • Am I right in thinking that it was Usmanov who was quoted £70m previously?
    I know about Usmanov, and I am 90% certain it wasn't him, since the timeline isn't right and my understanding is that he never took it beyond the initial read of a basic sale document.
    I know about Usmanov, and I am 90% certain it wasn't him, since the timeline isn't right and my understanding is that he never took it beyond the initial read of a basic sale document.
    Don’t believe it is Usmanov.
  • seth plum said:
    The accuracy of the previous minutes can be challenged at a subsequent meeting. At least that is how these things used to work.
    Even without specifics it can be put on record that the fans think minutes of meetings produced by the club are incomplete and misleading.
    Minutes of last meeting should be the first thing on the agenda following the welcome.
  • Sage said:
    To avoid future disappointment I believe it would be advisable for this takeover thread to drop it's full-time role as it's getting a little tired, and instead take up a part-time position so it can also be an NHS call centre for two days of the week.

How's that sound, genius right? 
    The takeover thread is ever ready, ever vigilant, waiting to bring the latest news, rumours and speculation to its millions of followers.

Viva la takeover thread
    I am of course joking. However, I am getting very tired of how long this has dragged on for, even if you have created the biggest thread in the whole universe.

We must keep faith as no one else will, so for you HI...

Viva la takeover thread.
  • seth plum said:
    The accuracy of the previous minutes can be challenged at a subsequent meeting. At least that is how these things used to work.
    Even without specifics it can be put on record that the fans think minutes of meetings produced by the club are incomplete and misleading.
    Minutes of last meeting should be the first thing on the agenda following the welcome.
    After apologies for absence of course :wink:
    Can you not (using your special skills @Airman) introduce Muir to the new lot? That way they can form a consortium, the risk can be spread and we can all be happy.

Group hug everyone ... anyone? :neutral:
  • RedChaser said:
    seth plum said:
    Yep. I stand corrected
  • edited February 2019
    RedChaser said:
    seth plum said:
    Yep. I stand corrected
    And that assumes that anyone not in attendance has sent their apologies out of courtesy which as we know doesn't always happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• This takeover thread is clearly cursed. Unless Henry is prepared to piss in all 4 corners of it, I think we ought to start a new one.
  • It looks like the knight in shining armour is still around. Come on Reg get that bus out!
  • This takeover thread is clearly cursed. Unless Henry is prepared to piss in all 4 corners of it, I think we ought to start a new one.
    Look, I'm an open-minded person but if you get off on that sick sort of thing  then try Donald Trump.

:smile:
  • RedChaser said:
    seth plum said:
    Yep. I stand corrected
    And so should the minutes.
    Can you not (using your special skills @Airman) introduce Muir to the new lot? That way they can form a consortium, the risk can be spread and we can all be happy.

Group hug everyone ... anyone? :neutral:
    The problem is that owners tend to mad egotistical maniacs who don't like hugging.  Oh for a consortium of local businessmen.
  • Why any sensible investor would want to but shares in RD's main Belgian company is quite beyond me, given his inability to quickly dispose of an investment that he does not want and does not like.  If he took much needed psychologically help, I sure he would be told to let go and move on.
  • 1528 - bubonic plague breaks out in England.

Just to be clear are you saying the consortium now only has 1 Australian in it I.e. Muir plus the Americans who are currently non commital  at this time? In other words the original consortium is now down to Muir ?

Or are there other known other members still involved?
  • Scoham said:
    1528 - bubonic plague breaks out in England.

Scoham said:

That's a great idea to maintain interest in the thread. A history lesson on every page. Let's just hope we don't arrive at the present day.
  • Sponsored links:

Just to be clear are you saying the consortium now only has 1 Australian in it I.e. Muir plus the Americans who are currently non commital  at this time? In other words the original consortium is now down to Muir ?

Muir the only Australian investor left.
  • Scoham said:

I thought it was the skeletons in the cupboard that are blocking the sale of the club.
  • edited February 2019
    So, any takeover news yesterday?......please!!

Is he alone when it comes to commitment to financial investment in that particular consortium? 
  • edited February 2019

Shocking if true and when you consider Murphy was literally asking all and sundry to get financially involved with his project.

He even asked me!!

I guess people started to see through his little plan. I think he has his heart in the right place. His brain is not necessarily fully engaged though.
  • edited February 2019

Is he alone when it comes to commitment to financial investment in that particular consortium? 
    That’s my interpretation, but I’m not certain.

What is apparent is that Muir is still keen, but he’s not going to do it on his own. That’s never been his aim.

Streuth!!!!!!
    Can you disclose the nationality of the consortium back at the table?
  • J BLOCK said:
    Am I right in thinking that it was Usmanov who was quoted £70m previously?
    Can you disclose the nationality of the consortium back at the table?
    Don’t know.
  • Has Keith Harris "re-emerged"? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!