Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So, any takeover news yesterday?......please!!
    Muir is now the only Australian investor, which suggests they are in no position to complete, but the party who walked away after being quoted more than £70m before Christmas are now back at the table.
    Just to be clear are you saying the consortium now only has 1 Australian in it I.e. Muir plus the Americans who are currently non commital  at this time? In other words the original consortium is now down to Muir ?

Or are there other known other members still involved?
    Muir the only Australian investor left.
    Is he alone when it comes to commitment to financial investment in that particular consortium? 
    That’s my interpretation, but I’m not certain.

What is apparent is that Muir is still keen, but he’s not going to do it on his own. That’s never been his aim.
    Assumed so, thanks Airman. Sounds like we're back to square one with the Aussies at least. 
  • Chizz said:
    Has Keith Harris "re-emerged"? 
    According to the summary he has
  • Chizz said:
    It seems to suggest he stopped being involved and has now become involved again.  Whereas, what seems more likely is that he has been involved with one (probably not more than one) consortium since the very beginning. 
  • I’ve just read 8 more pages and it is no closer and nobody knows anything new apart from shit they are being feed, I would say what Henry says but I am dyslexic and can’t remember all of the letters.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    It seems to suggest he stopped being involved and has now become involved again.  Whereas, what seems more likely is that he has been involved with one (probably not more than one) consortium since the very beginning. 
    Hence re-emerged
    Muir is now the only Australian investor, which suggests they are in no position to complete, but the party who walked away after being quoted more than £70m before Christmas are now back at the table.
    Just to be clear are you saying the consortium now only has 1 Australian in it I.e. Muir plus the Americans who are currently non commital  at this time? In other words the original consortium is now down to Muir ?

Is he alone when it comes to commitment to financial investment in that particular consortium? 

What is apparent is that Muir is still keen, but he’s not going to do it on his own. That’s never been his aim.
    Assumed so, thanks Airman. Sounds like we're back to square one with the Aussies at least. 

Perhaps not.  Too many cooks can spoil the broth.

Perhaps not.  Too many cooks can spoil the broth.
    Well, he needs to find some partners from somewhere. All this 'could be next week' stuff can be translated as 'could be next week...if Muir can find investors willing to partner up with him.'

At the moment it doesn't sound like he's anywhere near that. 
  • Duchatelet will own us until he dies. This has only just dawned on me. 
  • Uboat said:
    Duchatelet will own us until he dies. This has only just dawned on me. 
    Has he got kids? Or a mad wife/girlfriend? This could go on beyond his death
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Uboat said:
    He's got a son, but hopefully Roderick will get rid at the earliest opportunity. 
  • edited February 2019
     So Duchatelet isn't spitful or is a fan of Schadenfreude according to the big hitters on CL, He is just a Pragmatic old money bags playing the long game.

How reassuring to know it was nothing personal when we start the 20/21 season in League two with about 4 of the present squad.  
  • sm said:
    So, any takeover news yesterday?......please!!
    Can you not (using your special skills @Airman) introduce Muir to the new lot? That way they can form a consortium, the risk can be spread and we can all be happy.

Group hug everyone ... anyone? :neutral:
    The problem is that owners tend to mad egotistical maniacs who don't like hugging.  Oh for a consortium of local businessmen.

Knowing our luck it'll be Screwfix .

Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    1528 - bubonic plague breaks out in England.

I thought it was the skeletons in the cupboard that are blocking the sale of the club.
    No. This is all that remains of the Aussie consortium. 

• Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Hence re-emerged
    "Is" would be more appropriate than "re-emerged" though.  It implies he emerged, disappeared and then emerged again, which is not, I think, what happened.  
  • This really will go on until infinity and beyond. 
    Is it giving Roland a Buzz knowing that us fans have to wait Lightyears for the takeover to go through?
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Hence re-emerged
    "Is" would be more appropriate than "re-emerged" though.  It implies he emerged, disappeared and then emerged again, which is not, I think, what happened.  
    Yes, that's what I said. He was mentioned, then not mentioned for a long while then was mentioned again recently so he re-emerged.
  • That's it. Let's argue over a word. Ffs. This place sometimes.

Where's the argument?  Someone will be running to the grass thread next because they don't understand what a debate is ffs
  • Sponsored links:

Can you not (using your special skills @Airman) introduce Muir to the new lot? That way they can form a consortium, the risk can be spread and we can all be happy.

Group hug everyone ... anyone? :neutral:
    A sort of super consortium. 

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Muir.
    Stop being so cheerful.
    It's called death.
  • All I can say is thank God there is a Fans Forum on 20th February where all will (not) be made clear!
  • There were 5 wealthy Aussies in a consortium, and if one wealthy Aussie should accidentally fall, there'll be 4 wealthy Aussies to spreads all the costs.

There were 4 wealthy Aussies in a consortium, and if one wealthy Aussie should accidentally fall, there'll be 3 wealthy Aussies to spread all the costs.

There were 3 wealthy Aussies in a consortium, and if one wealthy Aussie should accidentally fall, there'll be 2 wealthy Aussies to spread all the costs.

There were 2 wealthy Aussies in a consortium, and if one wealthy Aussie should accidentally fall, there'll be 1 wealthy Aussie called Muir all on his own.

It's child's play to work out what's going on.

Sanity prevailing perhaps? Unfortunately.
  • edited February 2019
  • edited February 2019
    Having a crisis at CAFC is par for the course, the biggest difference now is when we nearly went out of business, or the  7 wilderness years away from the Valley  there was always Charlton People fighting our corner. Fans and good directors etc.
    Airman has told the stories in the voice and on line so we known that narrative.

I'm not sure we have ever been so shackled because despite winning the battles in the media and Meire taking her flaky CV to Sheffield we are impotent in winning the War because Duchatelet holds all the Aces.

As Richard Murray said 18 years ago at a Bromley addicts meeting, while i'm putting the most money into this club I have the final say on everything concerning CAFC.
    The man in his Brussels bunker is now in that position.

Being at the mercy of an aging rich eccentric businessman and failed politician,
    (Duchatelet not Murray !) We the supporters are  now in a very dark place, as we wait and wait, and wait a bit more with no Charlton fans close to negotiations unlike in the days gone by.

PS. Chris Parkes is a Charlton fan but has no influence on proceedings.
  • Gain promotion, sell the club.

Furk awff.
  • Valley11 said:
    Uboat said:
    He'll leave the club to Katrien in his will....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!