Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Just had Gary Lineker in the cab. He knows nothing!!! Useless 

If you get Rachel Riley or Gemma Arterton in the back and the're feeling a bit frisky , give us a ring !!
    Fake Taxi
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Macronate said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

I'm beginning not to believe this poster.

First Harris, now Lineker.

It'll be Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford next (who will know more than Harris to be fair).

Now you come to mention Eamon Holmes, I bumped into him late last week in a florists when I was ordering some flowers for Valentine's Day. I forgot to ask if he knew anything about the status of our sale.
    Schoolboy error 
    Agreed. Afraid I didn’t recognise him at first. Then I heard him say to the florist that he was on at 4pm (found out afterwards he is on Talk radio’s drive programme). Seemed a nice guy and gave me a hello as he was leaving.

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    FF - pointless nonsense, boycott it along with a completely empty stadium next season - its the only thing i can see left if we truly want rid of rd
    You can call The a Fans Forum a waste of time and a vehicle for the club to puff smoke at the fans but the reality is that each time a meeting happens “we” find out something. Sometimes it’s not all about what they tell us as much about what they omit to tell us or deny or fudge. Each snippet of information is a piece in a jigsaw. 

I for one welcome each meeing and than those that attend for asking the right questions. I agree that the presence of Steve Gallen at the FF is just fluff and although it would be interesting and worthwhile on another occasion at the FF it’s just a distracting sideshow. It should be LdT and Murray firmly in the line of fire.

Fair enough, each to their own - personally the regurgitation of all the same old stuff that is reeled out and then follows on here is well past interesting - I know the answer which I’m sure will follow - you don’t have to read it which of course is right
    The only real question is when is the virus going to leave Charlton. Van Turkey's honest answer would be "when my boss decides to". Bearing in mind Roland's true feelings of contempt for us, the fans, we will be the last ones to know when that is.
  • Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Macronate said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

It'll be Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford next (who will know more than Harris to be fair).

Now you come to mention Eamon Holmes, I bumped into him late last week in a florists when I was ordering some flowers for Valentine's Day. I forgot to ask if he knew anything about the status of our sale.
    Schoolboy error 
    Agreed. Afraid I didn’t recognise him at first. Then I heard him say to the florist that he was on at 4pm (found out afterwards he is on Talk radio’s drive programme). Seemed a nice guy and gave me a hello as he was leaving.
    Strange timing for a hello 
    I was about to respond with a comment about the Irish but didn't want to run the risk of a ban a la Shannon Gabriel!
  • Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Macronate said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Schoolboy error 
    Strange timing for a hello 
    I was about to respond with a comment about the Irish but didn't want to run the risk of a ban a la Shannon Gabriel!
    I should clarify - "about to respond with an Irish joke" - not with a similar comment as that attributed to Shannon Gabriel.
  • Macronate said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

You should have put him under the hammer
  • edited February 2019
     14th February always reminds me of Roland Duchatelet and Katrien Meire,
    Not because of Love and romance;

BUT the Charlton day massacres carried out by All sourface Duchatelet and his sidekick Kate ma Barker Meire.

Ps. Because of heavy medication I posted this a day early !
  • edited February 2019
    1532 Anne Boleyn is made Marquess of Pembroke by Henry V111.
  • 1532 Anne Boleyn is made Marquess of Pembroke by Henry V111.
    Anne Boleyn only lasted until 1536.  I fear this thread is going to go well past that number...
  • Sponsored links:

• 1532 Anne Boleyn is made Marquess of Pembroke by Henry V111.
    West Ham fan
  • stonemuse said:
    1532 Anne Boleyn is made Marquess of Pembroke by Henry V111.
    West Ham fan
    Lived in Greenwich - Charlton fan 
    Lived in Hever castle to bridge angels fan 
  • edited February 2019
    Error
  • Although it could hurt us, I hope they do not get points deducted.
  • Quite apt that they play us straight afterwards.
  • edited February 2019
    cfgs said:
    Quite apt that they play us straight afterwards.
    Could piss the players off knowing it effectively finishes their season if they get 12 points deducted 
  • CafcSCP said:
    cfgs said:
    Quite apt that they play us straight afterwards.
    Could piss the players off knowing it effectively finishes their season if they get 12 points deducted 
    I meant as in that they get their club back, potentially anyway, and they play us that have shared their fight straight afterwards.
  • Redrobo said:
    Although it could hurt us, I hope they do not get points deducted.
    Why do you hope they don't get a points deduction?  If they don't, it would take away the threat of one of the most obvious pitfalls of receivership, which some unscrupulous owners have considered in the past.  

Going bust for a football club isn't as bad as it is for the hundreds of small businesses that supply the club, who take an unfair financial hit.  A big points deduction is a good way of making owners think twice before pulling the rug under suppliers.  So seeing a club getting away with it would be a very bad, backward step. 
  • Sponsored links:

• In my opinion, the closest RD came to getting serious about selling is when he felt pressure in his own country and even near his own home from protesters. Unless fans reach the point where they are willing to get him to come to his senses by direct action and the vague threat such action could get worse, then I think this thread hits 5000 pages. Until that happens, this thread’s main purpose is as a sedative for disappointed fans. 
  • Chizz said:
    Redrobo said:
    Why do you hope they don't get a points deduction?  If they don't, it would take away the threat of one of the most obvious pitfalls of receivership, which some unscrupulous owners have considered in the past.  

Going bust for a football club isn't as bad as it is for the hundreds of small businesses that supply the club, who take an unfair financial hit.  A big points deduction is a good way of making owners think twice before pulling the rug under suppliers.  So seeing a club getting away with it would be a very bad, backward step. 
    But again its the fans and the club / players that are taking the punishment when it should be solely pointed at the direction of the owner for not running the club properly

Its why a points deduction is a bit harsh for Administration
  • Chizz said:
    Redrobo said:

I fully accept all you say, but this feels different.

• The points deduction is surely to offset an advantage gained by spending beyond a club’s means. There has been no advantage to Blackpool.

The EFL should use its discretion to waive the punishment, but I’m not confident it will.
    Totally agree 
  • The points deduction is surely to offset an advantage gained by spending beyond a club’s means. There has been no advantage to Blackpool.

The EFL should use its discretion to waive the punishment, but I’m not confident it will.
    Indeed 
  • If they make one exception to the deduction they risk other tactical attempts surely

Wouldn’t they then be setting themselves up to be sued by Oyston who might claim he would have put Blackpool into administration before but didn’t want to see the team be deducted 12 points ?...and possibly every other club that has been deducted 12 points in the past might start wondering if they have a case as well... and then there’s the potential for Blackpool to make the play offs still at the expense of another team. Those 12 points will stop that. If it was charlton that lost out on a play off place because Blackpool didn’t get deducted 12 points I’d like to think Roland would have his lawyers on it ASAP 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!