Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The points deduction is surely to offset an advantage gained by spending beyond a club’s means. There has been no advantage to Blackpool.

The EFL should use its discretion to waive the punishment, but I’m not confident it will.
    Wouldn’t they then be setting themselves up to be sued by Oyston who might claim he would have put Blackpool into administration before but didn’t want to see the team be deducted 12 points ?...and possibly every other club that has been deducted 12 points in the past might start wondering if they have a case as well... and then there’s the potential for Blackpool to make the play offs still at the expense of another team. Those 12 points will stop that. If it was charlton that lost out on a play off place because Blackpool didn’t get deducted 12 points I’d like to think Roland would have his lawyers on it ASAP 
    And we all know he knows an exceptionally talented lawyer...
  • The points deduction is surely to offset an advantage gained by spending beyond a club’s means. There has been no advantage to Blackpool.

The EFL should use its discretion to waive the punishment, but I’m not confident it will.
    Wouldn’t they then be setting themselves up to be sued by Oyston who might claim he would have put Blackpool into administration before but didn’t want to see the team be deducted 12 points ?...and possibly every other club that has been deducted 12 points in the past might start wondering if they have a case as well... and then there’s the potential for Blackpool to make the play offs still at the expense of another team. Those 12 points will stop that. If it was charlton that lost out on a play off place because Blackpool didn’t get deducted 12 points I’d like to think Roland would have his lawyers on it ASAP 
    All of that depends on how the rule is framed.
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Just had Gary Lineker in the cab. He knows nothing!!! Useless 

If you get Rachel Riley or Gemma Arterton in the back and the're feeling a bit frisky , give us a ring !!
    Thats one for the bank!
  • It is not set in stone so it is up to the FA to decide.

I would think it will be all 12 or nothing, and not somewhere in between.
  • Katrien new CEO at Blackpool?
    That’s just sick ;-)
  • Joe mason first signing for our new owners.
  • 1533 Queen Elizabeth 1 born
  • Sponsored links:

• Back to CAFC. Any takeover news......please!!
    I echo this, any news?
  • Uboat said:
    Or the FA could discover their human side and say to Blackpool, 'Lads, you've had a shocking time of it, so we're giving you a12 point bonus'.

Blimey, if that happened how many points would they 'give' us?
    I echo this, any news?
    I echo this, any news?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Back to CAFC. Any takeover news......please!!
    I echo this, any news?
    I echo this, any news?
    not now the windows shut
  • Scoham said:
    Why? The last lot of questions I sent weren't asked.  Or even acknowledged. 
  • Could it possibly be that RD hates us so much that he would sell to Oyston?
  • Chizz said:
    Scoham said:
    Why? The last lot of questions I sent weren't asked.  Or even acknowledged. 
    I gave a suggested question, sign posted it and was ignored.  If its a bad question at least say that. 
  • Could it possibly be that RD hates us so much that he would sell to Oyston?
    And where is Oyston going to get £30-70m from, bearing in mind he has to give £25m to Belekin (sp?)? 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Could it possibly be that RD hates us so much that he would sell to Oyston?
    And where is Oyston going to get £30-70m from, bearing in mind he has to give £25m to Belekin (sp?)? 
    Just a joke really, not serious, just a bit of irony, but knowing our luck with our record of recent ownership it's just the sort of thing which could only happen to us,
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:
    Just a joke really, not serious, just a bit of irony, but knowing our luck with our record of recent ownership it's just the sort of thing which could only happen to us,
    It would be a hoot!
  • Pedro45 said:
    It would be a hoot!

• Pedro45 said:
    It would be a hoot!
    Like an owl in a tree having a sh1t.
  • Oyston and RD co-owners with KM as CEO, would this be fun?
  • Gammon said:
    Maybe be balls but my brother said he met some academy players in zens Friday night and they said that it was basically dine hence Phillips getting signed - however they said they were told that before when it was rumoured to be close. Also could also be drunken boasting/exaggeration. 

No clue to the validity of the story but hey ho
    So some young Charlton fans were pretending to be academy players on a night out, then.

In the same way that me and some pals pretended we were the GB Figure Skating team in Tenerife aged 18... :-)

Must be quite a popular ruse to impress the ladies - when I had a couple of mates at Leeds Uni years ago we used to say we were on the books at Sheffield United. 
    My mate Charlie pulled by saying he played for Welling!
  • ross1 said:
    Oyston and RD co-owners with KM as CEO, would this be fun?
    Pardew appointed?
  • Scoham said:
    “It’ll be done once the new owners know what’s going on with ACV”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47245347

or if you dislike CAST:

”CAST and put off a very wealthy potential owner with huge ambition for the club”
    ?
  • edited February 2019
    Scoham said:
    “It’ll be done once the new owners know what’s going on with ACV”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47245347

or if you dislike CAST:

”CAST and put off a very wealthy potential owner with huge ambition for the club”
    Not sure I get the last sentence...but well done to CAST.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!