Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So no take over with a no deal Brexit in the offing. Its going to be a cheery rest of the year. Next season is looking like a road crash. Lets hope the ones given a silly price in December, are given a more sensible price & have the funds to purchase and invest. If the Aussies are back to square one / out of the picture then hopefully Duchatelet sees that he may he will lose more money if he doesn't sell before sterling potentially plunges even further (apologies to mention the ‘B’ word but it could be relevant to a sale & Duchatelet’s thinking).
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    With @Airman Brown latest revelations, I think I need to park up outside Keith Harris’s home and demand some straight answers!!!!
    Taxi_Lad said:
    With @Airman Brown latest revelations, I think I need to park up outside Keith Harris’s home and demand some straight answers!!!!
    They will hardly have been minted but I see no reason why the AFL might have pulled out.  The delay would not change their aim of attracting Australians living in the capital.

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    They will hardly have been minted but I see no reason why the AFL might have pulled out.  The delay would not change their aim of attracting Australians living in the capital.

Well they obviously havn’t been able to do so thus far.
  • It’s so depressing.

We are reliant on the financial support of a bloke with no interest in our club and no desire to see it progress. Who is demanding an unrealistic value to pass on the keys.

We are reliant on a variety of fixers, some with a connection to our club, some with no connection,  ALL governed by self interest, cobbling together whoever they can to ensure they get their fixed fee or equivalent personal benefit.

We are reliant on whatever rich idiot(s) who get talked into having a punt by the successful fixer to undertake a level of sensibleness and not make a bad situation worse. To hope that it’s not a property play, or an unrealistic expectation to profit from the Prem without a realistic plan, or a platform for another experiment.

I’m going to need real convincing of the chances that any of of this will end well 
    Definitely need the Fans Forums to get more verbally hostile, they need to know we don't believe their lies anymore.
  • It’s so depressing.

We are reliant on the financial support of a bloke with no interest in our club and no desire to see it progress. Who is demanding an unrealistic value to pass on the keys.

We are reliant on a variety of fixers, some with a connection to our club, some with no connection,  ALL governed by self interest, cobbling together whoever they can to ensure they get their fixed fee or equivalent personal benefit.

We are reliant on whatever rich idiot(s) who get talked into having a punt by the successful fixer to undertake a level of sensibleness and not make a bad situation worse. To hope that it’s not a property play, or an unrealistic expectation to profit from the Prem without a realistic plan, or a platform for another experiment.

I’m going to need real convincing of the chances that any of of this will end well 
     Words are one thing, actions are quite another. It doesn’t matter who takes us over, I’ll only be convinced by how they run the club.
  • cfgs said:
    It’s so depressing.

Definitely need the Fans Forums to get more verbally hostile, they need to know we don't believe their lies anymore.
    It’s great to sound off I agree, because t ultimately, what actual good will it do?
  • cfgs said:
    It’s so depressing.

It’s great to sound off I agree, because t ultimately, what actual good will it do?
    It would make those doing it feel better and if LDT or anyone else refuses to do these it may force the EFL to.......Oh yeah you are probably right.
  • If the fans forum owned a tank.....
  • Sponsored links:

• 1530 Rome deluged by flood
  • And the Football League just stand by and watch. 
  • edited February 2019
    Steve Gallen is due at the next meeting I believe. We’ve already made representations regarding this area and were given the ‘ top six will help sell the club’.

will be interesting to ask how this all fits with the budget Bowyer supposedly has
  • cfgs said:
    It’s so depressing.

Probably won’t do or achieve anything but it is better to go down shouting rather than giving out a whimper. Maybe it will make the club less enthusiastic about attending FF’s.
  • Fumbluff said:
    If the fans forum owned a tank.....
    It's about time you put in another application to the protest fund to buy you one. If at first you don't succeed try and try again 😉
  • Wonder what happened to those water cannon Boris bought that May would t let him use. Maybe we can borrow one for a trip to Belgium 
  • Wonder what happened to those water cannon Boris bought that May would t let him use. Maybe we can borrow one for a trip to Belgium 
    Sold for scrap at a 300k loss.
  • razil said:
    Steve Gallen is due at the next meeting I believe. We’ve already made representations regarding this area and were given the ‘ top six will help sell the club’.

will be interesting to ask how this all fits with the budget Bowyer supposedly has
    Utterly pointless the FF talking to Gallen. Should be insisting Murray attends and explains his support for this nonsense. 
    Gallen is the new Jacko defence mechanism.
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

Utterly pointless the FF talking to Gallen. Should be insisting Murray attends and explains his support for this nonsense. 
    Gallen is going to be there as the owner and his puppet think it will distract the attendees from the fact that nothing is happening.
  • cfgs said:
    razil said:

Gallen is going to be there as the owner and his puppet think it will distract the attendees from the fact that nothing is happening.
    Which is why they should say thanks but no thanks. If they want to talk to the football management they should go to a Q&A. It’s of no value as representation.
  • cfgs said:
    razil said:

Which is why they should say thanks but no thanks. If they want to talk to the football management they should go to a Q&A. It’s of no value as representation.
    Exactly, but they don't actually respect the Fans Forum anyway or they wouldn't peddle the same old lies.
  • razil said:

RM was meant to be at the last meeting but had to cancel.

He is meant to be at the next meeting.

Gallen will be an interesting guest but will be a distraction from the takeover issue.
  • Certainly need to ask the question regarding the soon to expire contracts of the manager and assistant. Could ask if Duchatelet has decided that these posts are not worth appointing along with the chairman, CEO, CFO and tea lady.
  • razil said:

Gallen will be an interesting guest but will be a distraction from the takeover issue.
    Human shield a la JJ.
  • edited February 2019
    RedChaser said:
    razil said:

Human shield a la JJ.
    I think so and the apologists like Nottage and the idiot from Maidstone Addicks will lap it up.
  • RedChaser said:
    razil said:

Human shield a la JJ.
    Copy cat.
  • Anyone at the next FF please pin Murray down and get answers out of him. Bloke is a fraud and has made his allegiances very clear.
  • edited February 2019
    J BLOCK said:
    Anyone at the next FF please pin Murray down and get answers out of him. Bloke is a fraud and has made his allegiances very clear.
    He won’t be there, Katriens washing his hair that night....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!