Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It’s so depressing.

We are reliant on the financial support of a bloke with no interest in our club and no desire to see it progress. Who is demanding an unrealistic value to pass on the keys.

We are reliant on a variety of fixers, some with a connection to our club, some with no connection,  ALL governed by self interest, cobbling together whoever they can to ensure they get their fixer fee or equivalent personal benefit.

We are reliant on whatever rich idiot(s) who get talked into having a punt by the successful fixer to undertake a level of sensibleness and not make a bad situation worse. To hope that it’s not a property play, or an unrealistic expectation to profit from the Prem without a realistic plan, or a platform for another experiment.

I’m going to need real convincing of the chances that any of of this will end well 
    This is the best post on this thread. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It’s so depressing.

We are reliant on the financial support of a bloke with no interest in our club and no desire to see it progress. Who is demanding an unrealistic value to pass on the keys.

We are reliant on a variety of fixers, some with a connection to our club, some with no connection,  ALL governed by self interest, cobbling together whoever they can to ensure they get their fixer fee or equivalent personal benefit.

We are reliant on whatever rich idiot(s) who get talked into having a punt by the successful fixer to undertake a level of sensibleness and not make a bad situation worse. To hope that it’s not a property play, or an unrealistic expectation to profit from the Prem without a realistic plan, or a platform for another experiment.

I’m going to need real convincing of the chances that any of of this will end well 

Crawler!
  • cfgs said:
    It’s so depressing.

We are reliant on a variety of fixers, some with a connection to our club, some with no connection,  ALL governed by self interest, cobbling together whoever they can to ensure they get their fixed fee or equivalent personal benefit.

Definitely need the Fans Forums to get more verbally hostile, they need to know we don't believe their lies anymore.
    Mass protest outside the next fans forum ? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It’s so depressing.

We are on page 1530 and you think that post by AFKA is the best post ?

Hold on let me check.
    See you in a few weeks then once you've read through the thread
  • Is it too late stake my claim for the most optimistic post on this thread?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Is it too late stake my claim for the most optimistic post on this thread?
    AFKA would win that hands down
  • Sponsored links:

• So you're saying Steve Gallen's a fluffer  ??
    :smiley:
  • So you're saying Steve Gallen's a fluffer  ??
    :smiley:
    Not to his face I’m not. 
  • 1531, Women's Revolt in Amsterdam ( nothing to do with WAR apparently).
  • Dave2l said:

He loves Charlton.

That's why he is so reluctant to sell. He just loves owning the club and it's simply just....hard to let go.

Look how happy he gets when he finally finds the time to visit The Valley.
    That was the first week of his tenure at Charlton, and he couldn't even be bothered to wave scarfy. 

The look on his face was after being asked, by Cawley or Mendez,
    If you were an emoji what face can CAFC fans expect in 5 years time if  :) represents the Premier.
    💩
  • 👊🏻💦
  • razil said:
    Steve Gallen is due at the next meeting I believe. We’ve already made representations regarding this area and were given the ‘ top six will help sell the club’.

will be interesting to ask how this all fits with the budget Bowyer supposedly has
    Utterly pointless the FF talking to Gallen. Should be insisting Murray attends and explains his support for this nonsense. 
    Gallen is the new Jacko defence mechanism.
    Where's Stephen Henderson when you need him?
  • Probably still knows more than Harris though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Just had Gary Lineker in the cab. He knows nothing!!! Useless 
    Off up to Manchester for the PSG game tonight is he?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

I'm beginning not to believe this poster.

First Harris, now Lineker.

It'll be Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford next (who will know more than Harris to be fair).

• Taxi_Lad said:

If you get Rachel Riley or Gemma Arterton in the back and the're feeling a bit frisky , give us a ring !!
  • Taxi_Lad said:

If you get Rachel Riley or Gemma Arterton in the back and the're feeling a bit frisky , give us a ring !!
    Now they would make some threesome 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Off up to Manchester for the PSG game tonight is he?
    He was indeed. Dropped him at Euston
  • edited February 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I hope you told him to keep his ears peeled or pricked. 
  • Macronate said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

It'll be Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford next (who will know more than Harris to be fair).

Now you come to mention Eamon Holmes, I bumped into him late last week in a florists when I was ordering some flowers for Valentine's Day. I forgot to ask if he knew anything about the status of our sale.
  • DOUCHER said:
    FF - pointless nonsense, boycott it along with a completely empty stadium next season - its the only thing i can see left if we truly want rid of rd
    You can call The a Fans Forum a waste of time and a vehicle for the club to puff smoke at the fans but the reality is that each time a meeting happens “we” find out something. Sometimes it’s not all about what they tell us as much about what they omit to tell us or deny or fudge. Each snippet of information is a piece in a jigsaw. 

I for one welcome each meeing and than those that attend for asking the right questions. I agree that the presence of Steve Gallen at the FF is just fluff and although it would be interesting and worthwhile on another occasion at the FF it’s just a distracting sideshow. It should be LdT and Murray firmly in the line of fire.

Fair enough, each to their own - personally the regurgitation of all the same old stuff that is reeled out and then follows on here is well past interesting - I know the answer which I’m sure will follow - you don’t have to read it which of course is right
  • Macronate said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Now you come to mention Eamon Holmes, I bumped into him late last week in a florists when I was ordering some flowers for Valentine's Day. I forgot to ask if he knew anything about the status of our sale.
    Schoolboy error 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!