Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So, any takeover news yesterday?......please!!
    Muir is now the only Australian investor, which suggests they are in no position to complete, but the party who walked away after being quoted more than £70m before Christmas are now back at the table.
    What about the Americans who were said to be involved with the Aussies? 
  • edited February 2019
    At last. A real piece of information.

Should we stop calling them “the Aussies” ?
    Muir is now the only Australian investor, which suggests they are in no position to complete, but the party who walked away after being quoted more than £70m before Christmas are now back at the table.
    What about the Americans who were said to be involved with the Aussies? 
    No indication they are willing to commit.
  • edited February 2019
    @Airman Brown

why do you think because Muir is now the only Australian investing that the consortium is not in a position to complete ? 
    Where’s that suddenly coming from? Got to love Charlton 
  • Am I right in thinking that it was Usmanov who was quoted £70m previously?
  • At last. A real piece of information.

Should we stop calling them “the Aussies” ?
    I already have .
    I call them the time wasters 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gammon said:
    Maybe be balls but my brother said he met some academy players in zens Friday night and they said that it was basically dine hence Phillips getting signed - however they said they were told that before when it was rumoured to be close. Also could also be drunken boasting/exaggeration. 

No clue to the validity of the story but hey ho
    So some young Charlton fans were pretending to be academy players on a night out, then.

In the same way that me and some pals pretended we were the GB Figure Skating team in Tenerife aged 18... :-)

Must be quite a popular ruse to impress the ladies - when I had a couple of mates at Leeds Uni years ago we used to say we were on the books at Sheffield United. 
  • Gammon said:
    Maybe be balls but my brother said he met some academy players in zens Friday night and they said that it was basically dine hence Phillips getting signed - however they said they were told that before when it was rumoured to be close. Also could also be drunken boasting/exaggeration. 

So some young Charlton fans were pretending to be academy players on a night out, then.

In the same way that me and some pals pretended we were the GB Figure Skating team in Tenerife aged 18... :-)

Must be quite a popular ruse to impress the ladies - when I had a couple of mates at Leeds Uni years ago we used to say we were on the books at Sheffield United. 
    Didn't try the helicopter pilot line then, you know about life always being up and down  ;)
  • RedChaser said:
    Gammon said:

Didn't try the helicopter pilot line then, you know about life always being up and down  ;)

Any lady clocking my Saturday night pulling clobber and the fact we used to frequent Ritzy’s would’ve known instantly I wasn’t a helicopter pilot. Bin man maybe........
  • edited February 2019
    We clearly are staring at another season in L1 with a squad of 5/6 bulked out with freebies and no Bowyer, as the takeover is clearly dead in the water. Would not be surprised be in a relegation battle next year. Depressing days.
  • What party were quoted 70m then? Usmanov? Varney’s Lot? 
    Please keep the bad news to yourself @Airman Brown :-)
  • edited February 2019
    So, any takeover news yesterday?......please!!
    Interesting from Airman.
    Ponder this CL members on a cold wet Sunday( not you Ex pats in sunny parts)

Is the Aussie bid now an ex Aussie bid ?

Did the ruse Duchatelet use to stir up other bidders have any effect ?

Will the 70 million  daft quote become a more realistic 30 million( still high for League 1) if the man with a few sandwiches short of a picnic really wants to get rid of Cafc?

Are we doomed to a yo-yo existence between League 1 and 2 because of this nightmare 5 years from 20/21 season when this season ends in failure at Wembley where we lose 7-6 on penalties and all the out of Contract players leave, plus the loans and Sarr and Taylor get sold to Championship clubs in the summer ?
    (Sorry for the dooms day scenario)

Thanks Airman. How does that square with the info last week from Taxi Lad?

• Thanks Airman. How does that square with what Taxi Lad posted last week?
  • Sponsored links:

• The accuracy of the previous minutes can be challenged at a subsequent meeting. At least that is how these things used to work.
    Even without specifics it can be put on record that the fans think minutes of meetings produced by the club are incomplete and misleading.
  • Honestly you lot, why can’t you just wait until it’s on the official website?
  • There are groups out there I'm sure that are trying to get us for a snip.
    I've always been convinced that they will get what they want  but it was always going to be a very long game with the crackpot we have in charge.
     We may be getting nearer to that scenario.

Quite what the Aussies were/are hoping to achieve is a mystery. Why would a group with very limited investment streams agree to get anywhere near Duchatelets asking price??
  • JamesSeed said:
    Honestly you lot, why can’t you just wait until it’s on the official website?
    As you well know Jimmy,
    that is Henry's mantra and it's disengenuos of you to try to guzump  him, But you have given your all to the cause of the SOC and have the best DNA at Cafc so I will just give you a yellow card on this occasion as I don't want to be seen as "the pot calling the Trevor Kettle black." Take that as Red.
  • edited February 2019
    Thanks Airman. How does that square with what Taxi Lad posted last week?
    You might as well ask why Jim White’s reports in early January weren’t on the money. As other people have said, all participants have a particular perspective. Harris is batting for the Aussie consortium because that is his route to getting paid. I think he was being straight with Taxi_Lad but doesn’t necessarily have a 360 degree view. My source on this has their own perspective but I trust them over Harris, not because he’s dishonest but from experience.
  • Cheers Airman
  • To avoid future disappointment I believe it would be advisable for this takeover thread to drop it's full-time role as it's getting a little tired, and instead take up a part-time position so it can also be an NHS call centre for two days of the week.

How's that sound, genius right? 
  • edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    As you well know Jimmy,
    that is Henry's mantra and it's disengenuos of you to try to guzump  him, But you have given your all to the cause of the SOC and have the best DNA at Cafc so I will just give you a yellow card on this occasion as I don't want to be seen as "the pot calling the Trevor Kettle black." Take that as Red.I

I've never saidsaid  till it's on the official site

I have said I'll believe it when it's on the official site.

Big difference

Speculation and discussing that speculation, rumours, leaks, statements and minutes are all goos
  • Sage said:
    To avoid future disappointment I believe it would be advisable for this takeover thread to drop it's full-time role as it's getting a little tired, and instead take up a part-time position so it can also be an NHS call centre for two days of the week.

How's that sound, genius right? 
    The takeover thread is ever ready, ever vigilant, waiting to bring the latest news, rumours and speculation to its millions of followers.

Viva la takeover thread
  • JamesSeed said:
    As you well know Jimmy,
    that is Henry's mantra and it's disengenuos of you to try to guzump  him, But you have given your all to the cause of the SOC and have the best DNA at Cafc so I will just give you a yellow card on this occasion as I don't want to be seen as "the pot calling the Trevor Kettle black." Take that as Red.
    I *think* I whooshed you. Have been trying to pull off a whoosh for ages, fairly unsuccessfully up to now. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!