Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1783, The last public execution at Tyburn.
    Someone had been hanging on for that.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    I keep thinking @DaveMehmet is buying the club when i scroll down
    I wish he would. It would be free beer every game 
  • Options
    Is it really gonna happen soon ?

Bubbly back in the fridge again, fingers crossed !
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Apart from Riga, who had 2 until the end of the season deals, who was the last Charlton manager to leave at the end of their deal because they couldn't agree a new one?

Mike Bailey, I think.  In all that time only Robinson and Lennie have left for other jobs?  I maybe wrong.  I would suggest that a long term contract for any manager is more of a liability than an asset, regardless of your opinion of Lee.

I thought Mike Bailey left Charlton because he'd been offered the manager's job at top tier Brighton?

• Options
    edited June 2019
    This whole thread has turned into a contest to see who’s more in the know . It’s ridiculous

( and that’s not aimed at Rick because he’s the one person I do know , that knows people )
  • Options
    As of this morning at least one ex-director with a loan outstanding has heard nothing further re any takeover.
    Rollover then 

or should they be informed if that was to happen 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This whole thread has turned into a contest to see who’s more in the know . It’s ridiculous 
    Yep,I know...
  • Options
    1784, The first mail coach travels from London to Bristol. It takes 16 hours.
  • Options
    My only thoughts are:
    Roland wants a lot.
    The Australians only have a little.
    The Cardiff interest has finished (did it hardly start?).
    Roland remains the owner.
    Even a shoestring budget will seem extravagant.
    Lee Bowyer will have to cobble together a side with remnants, unready youngsters, cast offs, injury prone 'names'.
    Then the results will become dreadful...and isn't it around late November...ish to mid January...ish that Duchatelet usually sacks the manager due to results?
    Relegation.
    I am basing all this analysis on past experience.
    It will play out like this unless Bowyer continues to work miracles or unless the club is sold within the next week.

• Options
    Aribo could be a slight hold up as silly as it sounds. At the end of the day he is the only real sellable asset on the playing side. He leaves and the clubs valuation is less than if he signs a new deal. 
    I can't see why that would hold the sale up.
    You could just have 2 prices, one with Aribo and one without Aribo.

Perhaps it will go to Aribotration
    Not if he goes to Scotland. It’s seen as a cross border transfer.
    if he goes to a English club then the teams try to thrash out their own compensation package.
    if they don’t agree then it goes to arbitration 
  • Options
    1776, The first running of the St. Leger.

The horse I backed is still running. :(
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    My only thoughts are:
    Roland wants a lot.
    Lee Bowyer will have to cobble together a side with remnants, unready youngsters, cast offs, injury prone 'names'.
    Then the results will become dreadful...and isn't it around late November...ish to mid January...ish that Duchatelet usually sacks the manager due to results?
    Relegation.
    It will play out like this unless Bowyer continues to work miracles or unless the club is sold within the next week.

What makes you think Dalman’s interest has ended?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Aribo could be a slight hold up as silly as it sounds. At the end of the day he is the only real sellable asset on the playing side. He leaves and the clubs valuation is less than if he signs a new deal. 

Perhaps it will go to Aribotration
    Not if he goes to Scotland. It’s seen as a cross border transfer.
    if he goes to a English club then the teams try to thrash out their own compensation package.
    if they don’t agree then it goes to arbitration 
    Whoosh
  • Options
    There is no transfer fee involved for Aribo going to Rangers. As he crosses a border Charlton get a development compensation fee of £250,000 rather than £300,000.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    My only thoughts are:
    Roland wants a lot.
    Relegation.

What makes you think Dalman’s interest has ended?
    I suppose I think that because after news of it broke there has been nothing more.
    To quote Barnier 'the clock's ticking' and like with brexit the deadline is very unlikely to be met now we're two days away from the remaining players return for pre-season so I believe.
  • Options
    As there is no news, let’s play ‘guess the next historical fact’.

All google the year and post your best guess. Happyvalley has to stay of the thread until after he posts his next one and we see who wins.

My guess is a balloon crossing the channel.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    There is no transfer fee involved for Aribo going to Rangers. As he crosses a border Charlton get a development compensation fee of £250,000 rather than £300,000.
    Yes mate, that's not what we are talking about.
    We are talking about if he stays/signs a new contract, he may be worth say £1M, so the value of CAFC is worth plus £1M.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    1775, Jane Austen born.
    What happens when we go past page 2019?
    Given Global warming, the predictions and the takeover stuff could all get pretty grim.
  • Options
    My guess is Louis XVI signs to a law that handkerchiefs must be square
  • Options
    1784, The first mail coach travels from London to Bristol. It takes 16 hours.
    Slightly quicker than our DJ coach now.
    Although the Larkfield to Bristol mail coach took 20 hours after diverting to Bromley and Bexleyheath. ;)

• Options
    Got a missed call from Antwerp this morning.

The deal has gone so far South that my offer must be being considered now.

I will, of course, keep NLA in the loop.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!