Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Id take caution to the fact NLA is not sold on the possible replacements
    NLA will know when the directors’ loans are being repaid, which will give us all a nice clue. Not sure he’ll know anything else though. 

Would not put a lot of money on that theory jimmy lad 
    Good stuff mate. I hope Whitey’s singing like a canary! (And your other source I’ve just heard about.)

I've not spoken to GM for a week. He does go very quiet when he thinks it’s close, so I have to leave him alone because if the restraining order.
    Might give him a buzz in the morning after the Park Run.
    We’ve been here before though.  Let’s hope this is the real deal. 

Not really he has been too busy to talk about charlton mate more consumed by cricket which I can’t understand 

More from the other side of the border where the daffodils grow than the roses grow 
    Come on the NLA loads of posts in the last couple of hours. Before today lots of 'it's not happening' stuff. Give us some cryptic clues that can be traced back to when it does happen, so you can tell us 'I told you so'....... please!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    .Uboat said:
    Sorry, are people really accepting the idea that an insanely rich and successful businessman is going to be part of a consortium that buys the club then says, 'Shit, what about players?! We've spent all the money!' Sounds a tiny bit unlikely. 
    I’m pretty sure neither party are planning to do that. Wouldn’t make much sense. 

The Aussies future funding I didn’t fully understand, but so long as Andrew Muir is involved I’d feel some optimism at least. Especially if he really got the Charlton bug, like most of you lunatics on here. 

‘wall!
  • Options
    1781 -The Battle of Yorktown

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SWZy3zRbBHI

• Options
    Bloke on Facebook claiming there are just two parties still left in the race to buy the club. One with plenty of cash for new players and the like and the other with barely enough to buy the club.
    Yes, Dalman and the Aussies.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    NLA will know when the directors’ loans are being repaid, which will give us all a nice clue. Not sure he’ll know anything else though. 

Good stuff mate. I hope Whitey’s singing like a canary! (And your other source I’ve just heard about.)

I've not spoken to GM for a week. He does go very quiet when he thinks it’s close, so I have to leave him alone because if the restraining order.

Not really he has been too busy to talk about charlton mate more consumed by cricket which I can’t understand 

More from the other side of the border where the daffodils grow than the roses grow 
    The Lake District ?
  • Options
    I’ve read the last four or five pages and I’m still none the wiser.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be poetic if the deal is announced when we hit 7m views?
  • Options
    Isn’t there a Fans Forum this coming week ? Could be interesting ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me neither but it's Friday night, I've had a glass or two of wine, NLA has promised that it's happening so that's good enough for me.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Come on the NLA loads of posts in the last couple of hours. Before today lots of 'it's not happening' stuff. Give us some cryptic clues that can be traced back to when it does happen, so you can tell us 'I told you so'....... please!

Like I said earlier imo things are finally coming to a head and I believe that RD will not be here at the start of the season that’s all 
    Cheers... . Where all hoping for that, nothing new then? :-(
  • Options
    What's the timeline, we talking days or weeks? 
    You know the answer to this is “when we know what division we will be in next season” don’t you? This must mean 20/21 by now 😉
  • Options
    Dalman & the Aussies are close.
    Dalman has the money/backers with money.
    Aussies are still trying to raise funds.
    The optimal time to buy the club is in the next month or wait until January.
    So it'll either get sorted in the next month or it won't :smile:   
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Wouldn’t have a problem with this Dalman fella. Even if it means I’d never get to feel those soft cushioned seats of the DB :-(
  • Options
    1781, The Ironbridge is built across the river Severn.
  • Options
    I’m guessing August 9th will be the big day.
  • Options
    Is it fact that the Aussies do not have funds? I thought the issue was ex director loans that Roland wont settle. We all witnessed Roland’s negotiation tactics this week. How many times as he pulled a stunt like this on the Aussies over the last two years
    If The Aussies had the money I believe they would have bought us by now so they could have offered Bauer a proper contract to stay instead of watching on as one of our best players moved on without a fee (which is purely Roland's fault not The Aussies)

The fact they haven't bought us even after promotion from League One says they don't have the money.
    So they should have paid £7m more than they think the club is worth by repaying the directors loans so that they could tie an average Championship defender down to a large pay packet.  😂
    The director's loans can be rolled over again so the £7m isn't an issue. And if it's an issue then surely it's because they want to borrow against the assets which again suggests they don't have the money. This has been done umpteen times on this thread and then even made clear by a few of them in a statement that they are not holding up a deal.

Then you have Bauer leaving first then possibly Aribo next and that's how many millions worth of players walking away for free / peanuts?

The Aussies have been on the scene long enough to know the contract situations, if they had the money then they should have been the new owners since Wembley already - even if being in League One had been an issue - with proper contracts on the table to secure Bauer and Aribo.
    What if Roland added £7m to the bill at the last minute mate?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Is it fact that the Aussies do not have funds? I thought the issue was ex director loans that Roland wont settle. We all witnessed Roland’s negotiation tactics this week. How many times as he pulled a stunt like this on the Aussies over the last two years
    If The Aussies had the money I believe they would have bought us by now so they could have offered Bauer a proper contract to stay instead of watching on as one of our best players moved on without a fee (which is purely Roland's fault not The Aussies)

The fact they haven't bought us even after promotion from League One says they don't have the money.
    So they should have paid £7m more than they think the club is worth by repaying the directors loans so that they could tie an average Championship defender down to a large pay packet.  😂
    The director's loans can be rolled over again so the £7m isn't an issue. And if it's an issue then surely it's because they want to borrow against the assets which again suggests they don't have the money. This has been done umpteen times on this thread and then even made clear by a few of them in a statement that they are not holding up a deal.

Then you have Bauer leaving first then possibly Aribo next and that's how many millions worth of players walking away for free / peanuts?

The Aussies have been on the scene long enough to know the contract situations, if they had the money then they should have been the new owners since Wembley already - even if being in League One had been an issue - with proper contracts on the table to secure Bauer and Aribo.
    What if Roland added £7m to the bill at the last minute mate?
    Then they ought to have walked away from the table and picked another club to try and buy?
  • Options
    Bloke on Facebook claiming there are just two parties still left in the race to buy the club. One with plenty of cash for new players and the like and the other with barely enough to buy the club.

Have a guess which one we’ll end up with *rolly eyes emoji*
  • Options
    Yes, Dalman and the Aussies.
    To be fair, I’d say one is simple, the other more complex. Not quite as black and white as some are saying. 
  • Options
    1781, The Ironbridge is built across the river Severn.
    What is it with all these facts. Who needs facts!?
  • Options
    FFS £7m debentures  don't prevent anyone using the Valley as collateral for loans.. They detract from the final sum borrowable , but don't rule them out.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I seriously hope the Aussies fail with the takeover. What sort of group of people take this long to take over a club ? They clearly don’t have the finances to do this thing . 
    Would agree 100% were it not for the Roland factor. 

But the good news is, if they haven’t, then Dalman will :-)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Jesus that’s his bloody catchphrase. He loves telling everyone that.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Mae'n digwydd

Be sy'n digwydd 'ta?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!