Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I simply don't understand why anyone would seriously try to buy the club unless they have pretty serious money to fund a budget at least equivalent to the average budget of the league. Why invest in a club and pretty much guarantee that it will get relegated and lose value and cause upset from the fans? Surely nobody believes that they have some secret method of bucking the system to win without money, if Duchalet proves anything, it is that is incredibly unlikely to work.

• Options
    Would take the Aussies over Roland without a doubt. They have stuck around for a long time now, clearly they want to invest in us to an extent and hopefully they can stabilise us for the future. Sell us on for a profit when they hit their ceiling with us. I would take that all day over uncertainty season after season 
    So would I but any new owners need to be scrutinized.

I'm not saying dismiss them but please no more "they saved the club so we mustn't say a word against them or ask any questions".

Anyway, if NLA says next six weeks then that's imminent enough for me.
    Would there be any questions you'd ask?
  • Options
    I simply don't understand why anyone would seriously try to buy the club unless they have pretty serious money to fund a budget at least equivalent to the average budget of the league. Why invest in a club and pretty much guarantee that it will get relegated and lose value and cause upset from the fans? Surely nobody believes that they have some secret method of bucking the system to win without money, if Duchalet proves anything, it is that is incredibly unlikely to work.

We had no ground and no money and we still ended up getting into the Premier League. I know times have changed a hell of a lot but even small investments can work
  • Options
    For anyone who loves a crack at second guessing the thought processes of the clinically insane, you should note that Roland is about to start a trial course of new tablets in just over a week.

Good luck with that!

• Options
    I wonder if happy valley will ever miss a page/year ?
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:
    We can only hope ...
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    CafcCrazy said:
    We can only hope ...
    Ouch 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Would take the Aussies over Roland without a doubt. They have stuck around for a long time now, clearly they want to invest in us to an extent and hopefully they can stabilise us for the future. Sell us on for a profit when they hit their ceiling with us. I would take that all day over uncertainty season after season 

I'm not saying dismiss them but please no more "they saved the club so we mustn't say a word against them or ask any questions".

Six of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1778, Humphry Davy inventor of the Davy lamp is born.
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:
    He will miss all of 2019 the amount of time he's spending on this thread.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Ever taped up a broken shoe?

Is winning or dancing more important?
  • Options
    Henry is starting to remind me of the russian computer boffin in the James Bond film, I bet he is clicking his biro like a maniac.
    I’m thinking more Dr Strangelove
  • Options
    1778, Humphry Davy inventor of the Davy lamp is born.
    What a coincidence etc.
  • Options
    This has a long way to play out yet with some twists and turns not all necessarily good turns either, let’s hope the right person gets us and not chancers and fakers 

Can't say the same for fakers, but there's no such thing as a football club owner that isn't a chancer. You'd have to be one to buy the crazy way things are.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    This has a long way to play out yet with some twists and turns not all necessarily good turns either, let’s hope the right person gets us and not chancers and fakers 

Can't say the same for fakers, but there's no such thing as a football club owner that isn't a chancer. You'd have to be one to buy the crazy way things are.
    I agree. 
    Also you would have to have serious  money. 
    That's why the Aussies ain't gonna buy us.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    CAFC fans as Roland cluelessly searches for a new owner.

• Options
    cfgs said:

Nla saying it's imminent

Far from it , I wish it was then we may not go from frying pan to fire 
    But thought you said that RD will not own us at the start of next season....
     To me if someone says imminent is days max from being done so I would not say that 

I reckon at best it’s weeks , 

But I may not be to excited by whom replaces the Rat and that’s not a good thing tbh Jean at all 
    We have had a couple of years of you telling us nothing is happening/close now your saying he will not own us by the start of the season. Time to dig out the bunting people.

Henry will be gutted as this thread, his baby, will finally cease to be important. 
    This thread will always be the greatest of all time.

It will be even more important after the takeover than before.

It will live forever, it is immortal.
    Surely then we just start talking about the next takeover?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Got absolutely no interest in the Aussies owning us. If you're not able to to raise the funds after this long, then god only knows how you'd fund any sort of squad rebuild.
    Similarities to RD's original plan. Ship in a load of foreign players (Aussies & mainly young) and sell them on to the Premier League.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
     People get a bit carried away about Roland, but despite everything he is, deep, deep down, human. Well a bit,  anyway. 
    Sorry to tell you, Jimmy ..... but nobody gave your post a 'like'.  :smile:
  • Options
    I would say that was today's News Hopper's re-hash of the Wales on Line story from a week ago.

Nothing new to see here.

• Options
    I believe the silence from Dalman tells its own story. That he is still in negotiation.

Whether it eventually gets over the line is another matter. 

I’m sticking my neck here, though, and saying  this has serious legs. 

But, whatever is going on, at this moment in time Dalman is still in negotiation or we would have heard something to the contrary. 

Gut feel.
  • Options
    I’m impressed by the longevity of the Aussies at the very least, but fairly concerned about any ownership model that is massively distributed across partners, the capacity to revenue raise and issues around securing agreement on investments under such models are surely limiting factors, unless some partners remain very silent.

If Dalman’s ownership structure is less complex surely that would make things easier to do a deal and to operate.

Either way, hope to be rid of RD by early next month at the latest.

• Options
    I just want it to be done and dusted. Is that too much to ask?
  • Options

In NLA I trust.

• Options
    Agree 
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!