Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1776, The first running of the St. Leger.
  • Options
    The majority view on here was that the possible new owner (Dalman) must have had a word with RD to ensure Bowyer was granted a new contract. So it would be very strange if Dalman took over and then replaced Lee.
  • Options
    I have a bad feeling that Dalman may come in and replace Bowyer with Warnock
    I said this earlier in this thread...

Warnock's contract is NOT with Dalman. It is with Vincent Tann.

Why would Warnock give up a year of a contract, (which is probably considerably more than what Bowyer is getting) to come to a club, where he would be universally unpopular, because he is replacing a club legend?

Why would Dalman go out of his way to alienate a lot of supporters, by replacing a young, up-and-coming manager, who is universally admired by the fans, with someone who is over retirement age?

Even Two Chalets didn't replace CP as soon as he took over!
    I don’t actually think it will happen, just as a Charlton fan I always expect the worst
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    I am beginning wonder if Dalman is the man who stole Warnock's eyebrows.  He's quite hirsute for his age!

Anyway - this sounds a bit like panic stations at Cardiff.  Warnock knows the owners are very hard to deal with so still wouldn't ignore the possibility of Warnock coming in as Director of Football and I can not think of many better mentors for someone learning their trade like Bowyer is
    Gallen's already doing that role or close enough to it very well, why would we need Warnock?
    Gallen is only doing it because there is no one else to do it.

Gallen might want to just be Head of recruitment... it’s the role he came in to do 
    Gallen sounded like he was seriously overworked and struggling to keep up in his latest interview (not surprised).
    An interesting one where Gallen is clearly overworked and doing things which he wasn't recruited to do, but is probably loving it!
    Last year I was working on a team that went through a sustained period of being under resourced and was doing what felt like the role for 2-3 people. Probably the most enjoyable working period I’ve ever had. 
    I agree @AFKABartram - that adversity sometimes brings out the best in people.  A bit like when a player gets a red card - it sometimes breeds a bit of a siege mentality and you get more out of people.

Gallen is probably enjoying it as it is raising his profile but also giving him an insight into different things within the club.

Warlock would have an entirely different role if he were a Director of fooball - he would be a sounding board for Bowyer and if the going gets tough - which it will - he'll have an experienced head.
  • Options
    Warnock has said that he has one season in him before he retires, he won't leave Cardiff.
  • Options
    Warnock has said that he has one season in him before he retires, he won't leave Cardiff.
    Yeah - but he's retired about 4 times already ain't he?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    I am beginning wonder if Dalman is the man who stole Warnock's eyebrows.  He's quite hirsute for his age!

Anyway - this sounds a bit like panic stations at Cardiff.  Warnock knows the owners are very hard to deal with so still wouldn't ignore the possibility of Warnock coming in as Director of Football and I can not think of many better mentors for someone learning their trade like Bowyer is
    Gallen's already doing that role or close enough to it very well, why would we need Warnock?
    Gallen is only doing it because there is no one else to do it.

Gallen might want to just be Head of recruitment... it’s the role he came in to do 
    Gallen sounded like he was seriously overworked and struggling to keep up in his latest interview (not surprised).
    An interesting one where Gallen is clearly overworked and doing things which he wasn't recruited to do, but is probably loving it!
    Last year I was working on a team that went through a sustained period of being under resourced and was doing what felt like the role for 2-3 people. Probably the most enjoyable working period I’ve ever had. 
    I've done it this week and that's rubbish mate. I haven't seen a ball bowled, a race run or finished our yard penalty shoot out
  • Options
    I have a bad feeling that Dalman may come in and replace Bowyer with Warnock

Why buy the club and then immediately alienate the fans by sacking a popular and successful manager. If we're in the relegation places over Christmas and leaking goals for fun it's a different matter. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The horse I backed came last
  • Options
    Tommy Driesen on twitter angling for a job at Peterboro... good news with regards to a takeover being close?
      The train station?
    Horrible club - Tommy and Barry Fry are made for each other. 

PS have they decontaminated our cup after the twerp got his hands on it.

• Options
    The majority view on here was that the possible new owner (Dalman) must have had a word with RD to ensure Bowyer was granted a new contract. So it would be very strange if Dalman took over and then replaced Lee.
    I’m convinced it wasn’t contact from Dalman that changed Duchatelets mind. No idea who or what did but I can’t see it being Dalman unless the deal is done which doesn’t sound the case.
  • Options

Are you saying it's only just finished????
  • Options
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    Seems like after Bowyer signed nothing has come out, barely any rumours or anything. Seems strange 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are you saying it's only just finished????

There was a stewards enquiry
  • Options
    Am I missing something? How on earth does he say that takeover talks are off? If anything it confirms the opposite 
  • Options
    Is there meant to be more than one link there? I can see a link to Newsshopper and intothevalley
  • Options
    That is not how I interpreted Warnock's comments at all. The complete opposite actually. 
  • Options
    Strange headline . The story says the opposite 
  • Options
    Seems like after Bowyer signed nothing has come out, barely any rumours or anything. Seems strange 
    Doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

The Bonne signing came out of nowhere.
  • Options
    They seem to be basing that conclusion on warnock getting assurances from Dalman for plans for next season.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Is there meant to be more than one link there? I can see a link to Newsshopper and intothevalley
    It was copied from a post on ITV
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!