Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Aribo could be a slight hold up as silly as it sounds. At the end of the day he is the only real sellable asset on the playing side. He leaves and the clubs valuation is less than if he signs a new deal. 

If he is out of contract then surely he isn’t a saleable asset and his value is zero ?.
    Exactly my point. But he becomes a sellable asset the minute he signs a new deal doesn’t he? 
  • Options
    Aribo could be a slight hold up as silly as it sounds. At the end of the day he is the only real sellable asset on the playing side. He leaves and the clubs valuation is less than if he signs a new deal. 

That shouldve been the issue but because Joe's contract is up at the end of the month about 300k has been mentioned. Any club with football and business acumen would have arranged a deal with Aribo similar to Joe Gomez's deal but far higher than the clause of 3.5 million. This should've been achieved six months ago at least.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Can anyone think of a takeover that was rumoured to be ongoing for weeks, and then went through?

I can't remember any off hand. Seems like every time a club is bought, it's announced in the press and it's already over. 
    Weeks?! What about years!
  • Options
    One word of caution, multiple rumours by different people saying similar things on different outlets may ultimately all emanate from the same source where it’s been passed on. 
    In the case of Facebook and Twitter rumours they can be based entirely on bits pieced together from here and elsewhere, maybe with their own spin added. The poster then claims they have their own source.
  • Options

That shouldve been the issue but because Joe's contract is up at the end of the month about 300k has been mentioned. Any club with football and business acumen would have arranged a deal with Aribo similar to Joe Gomez's deal but far higher than the clause of 3.5 million. This should've been achieved six months ago at least.
    You have missed the point. I am not talking about 300k. I am talking about his worth even before the ink is dry on a new deal. 

If you agreed a deal for Liverpool for 400 million and then as you were about to sign the contract it emerged Salah had left for Madrid on a free, would you still pay 400 million. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    It’s Dalman 100% . Mark my words
    He was funny back in the day, but I can't see how he'd have the funds.

I tracked him down to this twitter account: https://twitter.com/HurstAKA

His anti-tory poetry quite appeals to me and I enjoyed his confessions of 'Basic Needs Addiction', but that's not going to pay off the director loans is it? 
  • Options
    1783, The last public execution at Tyburn.
  • Options
    I think any talk of the contract status of Aribo, Bowyer or anyone else, causing any delay in any deal is a red herring. 

It might be the case if Aribo was potentially worth more than the asking price of the club, he isn't, so it's not. 

Apart from Riga, who had 2 until the end of the season deals, who was the last Charlton manager to leave at the end of their deal because they couldn't agree a new one? Mike Bailey, I think.  In all that time only Robinson and Lennie have left for other jobs?  I maybe wrong.  I would suggest that a long term contract for any manager is more of a liability than an asset, regardless of your opinion of Lee.

Remember that the aussies have been around since before Bowyer was manager and Aribo was a "star".   If I had long term ambition to invest 100s of million pounds, of my own money, in a football club I didn't support, I wouldn't hang it all on someone with 18 months experience who I may have never heard of.   That's not to say I wouldn't give them a crack at it, just it wouldn't be central to my plans. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think any talk of the contract status of Aribo, Bowyer or anyone else, causing any delay in any deal is a red herring. 

It might be the case if Aribo was potentially worth more than the asking price of the club, he isn't, so it's not. 

Apart from Riga, who had 2 until the end of the season deals, who was the last Charlton manager to leave at the end of their deal because they couldn't agree a new one? Mike Bailey, I think.  In all that time only Robinson and Lennie have left for other jobs?  I maybe wrong.  I would suggest that a long term contract for any manager is more of a liability than an asset, regardless of your opinion of Lee.

Remember that the aussies have been around since before Bowyer was manager and Aribo was a "star".   If I had long term ambition to invest 100s of million pounds, of my own money, in a football club I didn't support, I wouldn't hang it all on someone with 18 months experience who I may have never heard of.   That's not to say I wouldn't give them a crack at it, just it wouldn't be central to my plans. 
    So are you saying the contract status of a player would only affect the sale of a club if they are worth more then the club? That’s rubbish. 

I am not saying it’s a sole reason but if your buying a club with assets it’s worth less without one of those assets. Granted an out of contract Aribo is worthless but for new owners that is another player to replace and arguably our best player, and so harder to replace. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Can anyone think of a takeover that was rumoured to be ongoing for weeks, and then went through?

I can't remember any off hand. Seems like every time a club is bought, it's announced in the press and it's already over. 
    Yes, but that might be because we're not paying attention to other takeovers like we are our own. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

So are you saying the contract status of a player would only affect the sale of a club if they are worth more then the club? That’s rubbish. 

I am not saying it’s a sole reason but if your buying a club with assets it’s worth less without one of those assets. Granted an out of contract Aribo is worthless but for new owners that is another player to replace and arguably our best player, and so harder to replace. 
    I was talking about Aribo, or anyone else, as a sellable asset.  If any takeover is an, £100 million plus, investment the hyperthetical value of Aribo is neither here nor there.   If you were buying the club for £1 and Aribo was worth, say £5 million it would be a completely diffrent scenario. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Don't shoot the messenger, but I just saw an interesting rumour on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and the Daily Mail. 

It said "multiple rumours by different people saying similar things on different outlets may ultimately all emanate from the same source where it’s been passed on". 

Not claiming to be ITK, but that seems to be pretty nailed on. It's happening, isn't it? 
    "Just popping out to have a word with the postman, darling".

• Options
    According to Warnock, Dalman no longer interested in purchasing Charlton!
    (This mornings Google UK news)
  • Options
    According to Warnock, Dalman no longer interested in purchasing Charlton!
    (This mornings Google UK news)
    Old news
  • Options
    I was just about to post that NLA had made my day, and then along comes AFKA to blo*dy (can't be too careful while there's this swearing ban) spoil it.

But on the other hand, maybe this one original source is actually right?

Either way, NLA has more than one source. It's happening!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    So NLA, is your Welsh source Reams?
  • Options
    I keep thinking @DaveMehmet is buying the club when i scroll down
  • Options
    I can't see why that would hold the sale up.
    You could just have 2 prices, one with Aribo and one without Aribo.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Is there any significance in the fact that Mehmet Dalman is an anagram of Helmet Madman?

Are they actually the same person?
    Am I the only person that had to check this ?
    PS It's definitely a sign.
    A sign of us going mad.
  • Options
    I can't see why that would hold the sale up.
    You could just have 2 prices, one with Aribo and one without Aribo.
    I don't understand why any player that may potentially be worth some money in the future would stop someone who is looking to make the investment we need. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Perhaps good news, but let's not forget we have been told numerous times, going back as far as 2 years, that a deal was agreed in principal and even a price agreed.

We were simply waiting for more paperwork to be lodged with the EFL.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    1775, Jane Austen born.
    What happens when we go past page 2019?
    It will be full of made up sh*t. 

Just like this thread. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!