Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• cafcwill said:
    J BLOCK said:
    What baffles me, is that he can clearly sell a club as he has done this summer and previously, yet here we are, 2 years down the line 
    The sale of Alocron (or however you spell it) probably began 3 years ago.  1 year left
    I feel sick. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    @MuttleyCAFC is correct. Had a message this morning saying that the delay is still caused by Roland asking for too much for the club.
    £7m is a very high percentage increase in the price, and a kick in the teeth when it was agreed the price wouldn't go up on promotion. 

Obviously Mr Dalman, or any other buyer, might be happy to pay around £40m, but the 'Aussies' think that price is too high. Simple as that I'm afraid.

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
    surely a contract was drawn up setting out the terms and conditions of sale, price agreed etc etc. If not, idiots but if it was then can't they sue for breach of contract. 

Not if it wasn't signed.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    @MuttleyCAFC is correct. Had a message this morning saying that the delay is still caused by Roland asking for too much for the club.
    £7m is a very high percentage increase in the price, and a kick in the teeth when it was agreed the price wouldn't go up on promotion. 

Obviously Mr Dalman, or any other buyer, might be happy to pay around £40m, but the 'Aussies' think that price is too high. Simple as that I'm afraid.

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
    I cannot understand how anyone would contemplate doing business with a proven liar after an agreement like that had been reneged on. 

Did the Aussies not have said agreement secured in writing?  It seems incredibly naive, especially as they've already spent a fortune on legal costs.  A 'gentleman's' agreement with RD, simply does not exist.
    Price was agreed over a year ago but the Aussies didn't buy at that point.  Its not clear why, but what we do know is that RD losses have increased in the year that has passed and the £7m directors loans will cost more for him to clear.  I know Roland is an @rse but for me the Aussies are at fault for this impasse as well.  Any agreement in writing or otherwise will have a time limit on it that must have passed.

Roland's losses don't mean the club is worth more fgs. 
    How about being in a higher division?

They do explain why he may want more out of the deal as their delay has cost him more money.  
    Because he's bokers?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Have to say if I was the Aussies, or Dalman, I'd walk away, like probably countless other potential owners already have.

The fans, players and management are suffering because we're owned by someone with a tenuous grip on reality. And it goes on.
    Pretty sure they soon will walk away.

How much do you want for the club?
    33m.
    Ok great, let's sign the paperwork and get the deal done for 33m.
    Sorry I now want 40m.
  • JamesSeed said:

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
    I think it was £14m and I think there was a relegation discount
  • JamesSeed said:

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
    surely a contract was drawn up setting out the terms and conditions of sale, price agreed etc etc. If not, idiots but if it was then can't they sue for breach of contract. 
    If that was the case there'd be a breach of contract. At some point verbal offers are made, and you ride into town ready to sign contracts, only to find out the terms have changed.
  • edited June 2019
    Can anyone explain the following?

The Aussies arrived on the scene in April 2017.

Some time later RD & the Aussies made a joint statement on the O/S saying a price had been agreed & the price agreement has been repeated numerous times.

The price was alleged to have been around £65M and other offers in excess of £33M have been turned away.

The Aussies filed papers with the EFL and turned up at last seasons play offs wearing scarves. 

Yet another year later it is suggested they had & still have the funds to proceed, but the price has mysteriously halved to what was agreed and yet they still haven't done the deal at half the agreed price and are possibly arguing over a £7M figure. 
    If the Aussies recently agreed, pre Wembley to pay £33M for clean title.

Can no one explain my post from yesterday ?

Why did they originally agree to pay £65M ?

My only explanation could be that the upfront cash sum would have been something like £20M, with the remainder paid in stages.
    James Seed, I think it's more than possible RD agreed to deal with the ex-director loans and then the Aussies would buy for £33M with clean title.

However, even if this is now the hold up, it still doesn't explain the last year of inaction, when we were told on the OS that the price had been agreed by both parties and the Aussies filed papers with the EFL.

It's still only Poplcon that has tried to answer, which indicated no one else can.
  • edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
    I think it was £14m and I think there was a relegation discount
    If you look at the Baton accounts he left £18.6m of recently (2011-13) accumulated debt on the books at the time of purchase, on which he has subsequently charged interest. In effect he took over the spivs’ borrowing so that his purchase outlay could sit on the books and accrue interest. My guess is that he paid £1 for the assets.

It’s likely - and in fact Joyes said at the FF, I believe - that £18.6m is what he paid out, including the £4m that was contingent on the club staying up in 2014 and, apparently, an agent fee. £18m, with £4m contingent, is what I was told at the time.

The other possibility I guess is that he bought the debt at less than its full value, but I’m not sure if that would stack up.

• So he technically didn't pay anything as he just added what he paid onto the debt?

And he is charging interest on that, in essence adding more money to the debt that he then wants someone else to pay for? 

I don't get it
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Have to say if I was the Aussies, or Dalman, I'd walk away, like probably countless other potential owners already have.

The fans, players and management are suffering because we're owned by someone with a tenuous grip on reality. And it goes on.
    Pretty sure they soon will walk away.

How much do you want for the club?
    33m.
    Ok great, let's sign the paperwork and get the deal done for 33m.
    Sorry I now want 40m.
    A bit like Ryan Air's fare structure. That's £39 - oh you want a seat? That's another £30.

Cheap Flights Song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyl2tOaKxM

• Can anyone explain the following?

Some time later RD & the Aussies made a joint statement on the O/S saying a price had been agreed & the price agreement has been repeated numerous times.

The price was alleged to have been around £65M and other offers in excess of £33M have been turned away.

The Aussies filed papers with the EFL and turned up at last seasons play offs wearing scarves. 

Yet another year later it is suggested they had & still have the funds to proceed, but the price has mysteriously halved to what was agreed and yet they still haven't done the deal at half the agreed price and are possibly arguing over a £7M figure. 

My only explanation could be that the upfront cash sum would have been something like £20M, with the remainder paid in stages.
    James Seed, I think it's more than possible RD agreed to deal with the ex-director loans and then the Aussies would buy for £33M with clean title.

However, even if this is now the hold up, it still doesn't explain the last year of inaction, when we were told on the OS that the price had been agreed by both parties and the Aussies filed papers with the EFL.

It's still only Poplcon that has tried to answer, which indicated no one else can.
    That's not what Gerard told me, mate. 

• JamesSeed said:

Why didn't they sign an agreement on the price? Naive. 
  • Croydon said:
    JamesSeed said:

Why didn't they sign an agreement on the price? Naive. 
    Yeah mate. What about if the guy changed the price before they could sign it?
    But no, it couldn't possibly be Roland's fault could it! lol
  • Approaching the time for the revised list of scapegoat contenders. 

LDV, @JamesSeed and anyone we don't like the look of from Belgium, Australia or Cardiff already looking like strong contenders. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
    I cannot understand how anyone would contemplate doing business with a proven liar after an agreement like that had been reneged on. 

Did the Aussies not have said agreement secured in writing?  It seems incredibly naive, especially as they've already spent a fortune on legal costs.  A 'gentleman's' agreement with RD, simply does not exist.
    Price was agreed over a year ago but the Aussies didn't buy at that point.  Its not clear why, but what we do know is that RD losses have increased in the year that has passed and the £7m directors loans will cost more for him to clear.  I know Roland is an @rse but for me the Aussies are at fault for this impasse as well.  Any agreement in writing or otherwise will have a time limit on it that must have passed.

They do explain why he may want more out of the deal as their delay has cost him more money.  
    But as he went on record on Talksport he is prepared to give the club away. It's the property value he wants. Or is this bollox too.
  • JamesSeed said:

Sorry, but I'm almost certain that's what you have been telling us for a while ?
    Surely, you said Aussies agreed £33M ?
    RD was to clear the ex-director loans, so effectively he gets £26M ?
    Aussies own the club with clean title for £33M ?
    If you've not been saying this, then I'm astounded.
  • Gotta love this:

RD: I’ve been huh trying to sell de colon for some time now huh. But it’s very difficult to sell in League One because you are so huh fat from the premier league

RD: it very difficult to sell in the championship because it is a loss making division and my huh increase in the price and wild claims that each season ticket holder in huh costs me £1,000 make it so much easier to sell to uh people even more u realistic than me.

• Sponsored links:

• Roland wants out of the football business but wants to maintain ownership of the ground and training ground so he can be landlord and price us out of the ground over time. 
  • sam3110 said:
    So he technically didn't pay anything as he just added what he paid onto the debt?

And he is charging interest on that, in essence adding more money to the debt that he then wants someone else to pay for? 

I don't get it
    He paid £18.6M. The spivs got the money and the debt to them was repaid.
    The £18.6M RD paid was by way of loan and accrues interest, being added to by the increasing losses.
  • edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Sorry, but I'm almost certain that's what you have been telling us for a while ?
    Roland believed he could clear the loans for much less than £7m. Someone may have given him that impression.
  • edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Didn't Roland pay £18m?

But as he went on record on Talksport he is prepared to give the club away. It's the property value he wants. Or is this bollox too.
    It’s bollox because the property isn’t worth what he says it is. He’s just using it to try to justify a higher than realistic price for the club.
  • JamesSeed said:

Roland believed he could clear the loans for much less than £7m. Someone may have given him that impression.
    Well yes, but James Seed has been telling us that the Aussies agreed to pay £33M but now the price is £40M and yet he's now saying that's not what Gerard told him, even though he's been telling us that is what Gerard told him.

I give up. 
  • JamesSeed said:

Apologies, yes, I totally misread what you were saying.
  • Just sell the club and
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!