Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Can somebody post the tweet denying its Dalman please
  • If you all see that line about each Season ticket sold costing the club £1000 as the truth, you deserve all you get from buying one. 

Most blatant attempt at reverse psychology I have ever seen.  
  • Or he's accidentally held down Shift so it's capitalised.

I wouldn't read into a two-letter, three-character response like that.
  • Ultimatum said:

That’s a stern no? I don’t think he’s happy... more to it perhaps? 
    Maybe or he's just naffed off fielding questions about the future of their beloved Chairman.
  • I’m clinging to the hope that this magical 1st July date something happens.  If not then I will regret buying a ST that’s for sure.

I'm just clinging to the hope!
  • I wouldn't bother mate.

The excuse that the Worlds second worst negotiator couldn't even bother to find a couple of hours in his busy three day schedule travelling all over the World attempting to get the best deal for Charlton for the past six months with 12 different serious buyers - all who have proof of funds and the tightest security over speculative leaks - speaks volumes.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    This financial analysis is becoming so complex.

If only someone could come up with a simple house buying analogy.
    Will try a Car buying one. Roland owns 2nd hand  Ford Focus, but the clutch was on its way out. He put it up for sale but wanted top dollar for it. No one was interested apart from some geezer who would give him about half what Roland wanted. 
    His mate Lee turned up and managed to bang a new clutch in nice and cheap. Roland instead of being happy about now having a saleable item decides he still want top dollar, and a bit more so he can have drink and say how cleverhe was to have a mate like Lee, who made the impossible  possible
  • It isn't a Focus, it's a Stingray.
  • 1812, Charles Dickens born.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Chizz said:
    Oh come on mate.
    What facts are you using to make your conclusion?  If there's stuff you know that others don't, it would be a great time to share them.  And if you have a different interpretation on the facts that are known openly, it would also be interesting to see what that is.  
    I base it on the premise not fact that they are constantly looking for backers and the premise not fact that they have been lodging papers with the FA or FL or anyone for the last 18 months...

I do not look for facts on this thread.  I know the only fact before hand...  that we would like to see the back of RD.

You keep looking for facts mate.
    I don't mind going on record again.
    There are no "Aussies" taking over CAFC.
    This is just a device used by RD to keep the tennis balls off the pitch.
    Look, don't be a Drongo mate, it Devo happened or else, our mate Jimmy must have some kangaroos loose in the top paddock.
    How they getting on handing that bit of paper into the EFL office ?
    That was all they had to do to complete the takeover................In Feb 2019
    It must be coming by carrier pigeon from Alice Springs.
    Was it?
    Well, in real life, no - because they don't exist, but this was in an update from Cawley or to the FF (cba to look back through 1800 pages tbh).
  • @MuttleyCAFC is correct. Had a message this morning saying that the delay is still caused by Roland asking for too much for the club.
    £7m is a very high percentage increase in the price, and a kick in the teeth when it was agreed the price wouldn't go up on promotion. 

Obviously Mr Dalman, or any other buyer, might be happy to pay around £40m, but the 'Aussies' think that price is too high. Simple as that I'm afraid.

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Chizz said:
    Oh come on mate.
    What facts are you using to make your conclusion?  If there's stuff you know that others don't, it would be a great time to share them.  And if you have a different interpretation on the facts that are known openly, it would also be interesting to see what that is.  
    I base it on the premise not fact that they are constantly looking for backers and the premise not fact that they have been lodging papers with the FA or FL or anyone for the last 18 months...

I do not look for facts on this thread.  I know the only fact before hand...  that we would like to see the back of RD.

You keep looking for facts mate.
    I don't mind going on record again.
    There are no "Aussies" taking over CAFC.
    This is just a device used by RD to keep the tennis balls off the pitch.
    Look, don't be a Drongo mate, it Devo happened or else, our mate Jimmy must have some kangaroos loose in the top paddock.
    How they getting on handing that bit of paper into the EFL office ?
    That was all they had to do to complete the takeover................In Feb 2019
    It must be coming by carrier pigeon from Alice Springs.
    Was it?
    Well, in real life, no - because they don't exist, but this was in an update from Cawley or to the FF (cba to look back through 1800 pages tbh).
    Sorry, you've lost me. Who don't exist?
  • Same old shit as last year. 
    Same shit, different day ... they should put that on a T-shirt and sell it in the cloob shop
  • JamesSeed said:
    @MuttleyCAFC is correct. Had a message this morning saying that the delay is still caused by Roland asking for too much for the club.
    £7m is a very high percentage increase in the price, and a kick in the teeth when it was agreed the price wouldn't go up on promotion. 

Obviously Mr Dalman, or any other buyer, might be happy to pay around £40m, but the 'Aussies' think that price is too high. Simple as that I'm afraid.

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
    I cannot understand how anyone would contemplate doing business with a proven liar after an agreement like that had been reneged on. 

Did the Aussies not have said agreement secured in writing?  It seems incredibly naive, especially as they've already spent a fortune on legal costs.  A 'gentleman's' agreement with RD, simply does not exist.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    @MuttleyCAFC is correct. Had a message this morning saying that the delay is still caused by Roland asking for too much for the club.

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
    I cannot understand how anyone would contemplate doing business with a proven liar after an agreement like that had been reneged on. 

Did the Aussies not have said agreement secured in writing?  It seems incredibly naive, especially as they've already spent a fortune on legal costs.  A 'gentleman's' agreement with RD, simply does not exist.
    Price was agreed over a year ago but the Aussies didn't buy at that point.  Its not clear why, but what we do know is that RD losses have increased in the year that has passed and the £7m directors loans will cost more for him to clear.  I know Roland is an @rse but for me the Aussies are at fault for this impasse as well.  Any agreement in writing or otherwise will have a time limit on it that must have passed.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Have to say if I was the Aussies, or Dalman, I'd walk away, like probably countless other potential owners already have.

The fans, players and management are suffering because we're owned by someone with a tenuous grip on reality. And it goes on.
    I agree. Parties have to negotiate with at least a modicum of good faith and Duchatelet’s volte-face on the price/directors’ loans stinks.

The man is deplorable. 
  • JamesSeed said:

Didn't Roland pay £18m?

Price was agreed over a year ago but the Aussies didn't buy at that point.  Its not clear why, but what we do know is that RD losses have increased in the year that has passed and the £7m directors loans will cost more for him to clear.  I know Roland is an @rse but for me the Aussies are at fault for this impasse as well.  Any agreement in writing or otherwise will have a time limit on it that must have passed.

Roland's losses don't mean the club is worth more fgs. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Didn't Roland pay £18m?

Roland's losses don't mean the club is worth more fgs. 
    How about being in a higher division?

They do explain why he may want more out of the deal as their delay has cost him more money.  
  • JamesSeed said:

Didn't Roland pay £18m?
    surely a contract was drawn up setting out the terms and conditions of sale, price agreed etc etc. If not, idiots but if it was then can't they sue for breach of contract. 
  • What baffles me, is that he can clearly sell a club as he has done this summer and previously, yet here we are, 2 years down the line 
  • J BLOCK said:
    What baffles me, is that he can clearly sell a club as he has done this summer and previously, yet here we are, 2 years down the line 
    The sale of Alocron (or however you spell it) probably began 3 years ago.  1 year left
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!