Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Just sell the club and
    Blackpool72 ...... can you help Callum finish his sentence, please?

• 1813, The London Philharmonic Orchestra is formed.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Just heard that Roland is offering to compromise a bit. Unsure if it'll be enough to swing it though. It's possible though.
    Can you expand upon that, I.e is it wiggle room in regards to the directors loan of the ouright price, or?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Can anyone explain the following?

The Aussies arrived on the scene in April 2017.

Some time later RD & the Aussies made a joint statement on the O/S saying a price had been agreed & the price agreement has been repeated numerous times.

The price was alleged to have been around £65M and other offers in excess of £33M have been turned away.

The Aussies filed papers with the EFL and turned up at last seasons play offs wearing scarves. 

Yet another year later it is suggested they had & still have the funds to proceed, but the price has mysteriously halved to what was agreed and yet they still haven't done the deal at half the agreed price and are possibly arguing over a £7M figure. 
    If the Aussies recently agreed, pre Wembley to pay £33M for clean title.

Can no one explain my post from yesterday ?

Why did they originally agree to pay £65M ?

My only explanation could be that the upfront cash sum would have been something like £20M, with the remainder paid in stages.
    James Seed, I think it's more than possible RD agreed to deal with the ex-director loans and then the Aussies would buy for £33M with clean title.

However, even if this is now the hold up, it still doesn't explain the last year of inaction, when we were told on the OS that the price had been agreed by both parties and the Aussies filed papers with the EFL.

It's still only Poplcon that has tried to answer, which indicated no one else can.
    That's not what Gerard told me, mate. 

Sorry, but I'm almost certain that's what you have been telling us for a while ?
    Surely, you said Aussies agreed £33M ?
    RD was to clear the ex-director loans, so effectively he gets £26M ?
    Aussies own the club with clean title for £33M ?
    If you've not been saying this, then I'm astounded.
    Way I read it the price was £33m and Duchatelet sorted the bonds.

Duchatelet then tried to pass the bonds on to the Indian/Yank/Oz group so making it £40m
  • Reams has a strike rate that makes Simon Church look prolific . I don’t believe a word . 
    Hate to say I told you so 
  • LTKapal said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Just heard that Roland is offering to compromise a bit. Unsure if it'll be enough to swing it though. It's possible though.
    Can you expand upon that, I.e is it wiggle room in regards to the directors loan of the ouright price, or?
    Possibly a bit of a mixture of both.

Can I ask a q? What's the concensus on whether Roland is expecting add ons from the sale of the likes of Lookman and Gomez?
  • Please let Dalman be waiting in the wings to beat the Aussie's price at the eleventh hour. I suspect Roland will be playing one off against another anyway.
  • Reams has a strike rate that makes Simon Church look prolific . I don’t believe a word . 
    Hate to say I told you so 
    Unless I’ve missed something what’s changed to make him wrong? 
  • Sponsored links:

• The Aussies are going nowhere regardless.

Not while they've got someone on the inside doing their bidding for them.
  • I’m clinging to the hope that this magical 1st July date something happens.  If not then I will regret buying a ST that’s for sure.
    As things currently stand we're set up to get trashed most of the time like Burnley and Huddersfield away under Karel.
  • JamesSeed said:

Some time later RD & the Aussies made a joint statement on the O/S saying a price had been agreed & the price agreement has been repeated numerous times.

The price was alleged to have been around £65M and other offers in excess of £33M have been turned away.

The Aussies filed papers with the EFL and turned up at last seasons play offs wearing scarves. 

Yet another year later it is suggested they had & still have the funds to proceed, but the price has mysteriously halved to what was agreed and yet they still haven't done the deal at half the agreed price and are possibly arguing over a £7M figure. 

My only explanation could be that the upfront cash sum would have been something like £20M, with the remainder paid in stages.
    James Seed, I think it's more than possible RD agreed to deal with the ex-director loans and then the Aussies would buy for £33M with clean title.

However, even if this is now the hold up, it still doesn't explain the last year of inaction, when we were told on the OS that the price had been agreed by both parties and the Aussies filed papers with the EFL.

It's still only Poplcon that has tried to answer, which indicated no one else can.

Sorry, but I'm almost certain that's what you have been telling us for a while ?

Duchatelet then tried to pass the bonds on to the Indian/Yank/Oz group so making it £40m
    That’s correct. I misread Covered End’s post earlier. 
  • When a price is agreed, you don't need any special knowledge to see that something was uncovered to show the agreed price was not taking into account something that came to light. The Aussies spent a lot of money on DD so you can see why they might not want to lose it, although it is surprising that have not given up by now.

What we have to do is wait for the news that Roland is willing to lower the price to what people will pay. If we get all activity over a new potential buyer it simply shows we have forgotten why the club has not been sold and is not likely to be sold anytime soon.
  • edited June 2019

This with bells on

What he paid for the club and where we are when he bought it are irrelevant.  The Aussies (publicly at least) were the first in and agreed a price & completed DD then sat on their hands for nearly 2 years.  This set the price and all other bids have been negotiated with this price in the mind.  The fact that they have done this probably without having funding secured has been hugely damaging imo to the whole process and has contributed massively to why RD is still our owner. 

RD is being blamed by the Aussies for going back on the deal by changing the structure or price but surely they went back on the deal by not completing last summer.  Once it became evident they weren't going to sell  RD pulled his horns in and cut the budget, Aribo's contract offer was halved and we are where we are.  

RD and his camp are lying toads but I for one don't think the Aussies are much better.
  • JamesSeed said:

Yes, that's what it says doesn't it ?
    There must be something in the air today :-)
  • There's plenty of football clubs that the owners would love to sell. 
    Why persist in trying to buy Charlton for the last two years knowing that the owner is a deluded old fool. 
    Why not just buy another club instead. 
    Something just doesn't add up to me
    Been saying this for a long time, just don't understand why they're still hanging around after two years. Even a bad smell disappears eventually.
  • edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:

I’ve twice posted that I misread your post. Apologies again. Sheesh. 
  • From Reams on the other site.

"My contact is speaking with Dalman today, he is expecting Charlton to come up.

Full cards not been put on the table by the club and DD unearthed more debt than what was declared.

Training ground issue also which doesn't have be anywhere near as big as Duchatelet is making it."

In English please.
    Roland is a c##t,basically
    Finally, someone speaking sense :-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I’ve twice posted that I misread your post. Apologies again. Sheesh. 
    I was replying to HI not your good self and I liked your apology.
    I think you need some time out mate.
  • Someone has asked him if it's news about Dalman and he answered no.
    What a splendid part of the universe we live in.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Have to say if I was the Aussies, or Dalman, I'd walk away, like probably countless other potential owners already have.

The fans, players and management are suffering because we're owned by someone with a tenuous grip on reality. And it goes on.
    Totally agree, just like Bowyer's contract negotiation, he went off fishing at the deadlock and look what happened.

Full cards not been put on the table by the club and DD unearthed more debt than what was declared.

Training ground issue also which doesn't have be anywhere near as big as Duchatelet is making it."

Thought Reams said it would be done early next week...............
    Tbf that post is solid.
    In what way?
  • sam3110 said:
    So he technically didn't pay anything as he just added what he paid onto the debt?

And he is charging interest on that, in essence adding more money to the debt that he then wants someone else to pay for? 

I don't get it
    It's the same as the American guys did at Man U, although they bought the club with borrowed money and charge the interest to the club.
    So it seems they get to be in the big time, without actually pulling any of their own banknotes out of their pocket.
  • edited June 2019

Tbf that post is solid.
    In what way?
    Matches other things I have heard.
    So you think takeover COULD be completed next week?
  • edited June 2019
    From Reams on the other site.

Tbf that post is solid.
    Really .?  Perhaps I'm having a moment but what does “Expecting Charlton to come up “ mean ? 

Its the usual gobbledegook 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!