Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Cafc43v3r, are you related to Groucho Marx by any chance?
  • Those post Wembley season tickets are looking like a right bargain now.
  • So the Chinese-European Group are actually a Chinese group whom already own two teams in Europe being Nice and Barnsley and as Barnsley are in the same competition as us they would not be allowed to buy us?  It’s Happening.  Crack out the GIFs. 😀
  • 1910, George V succeeds to the throne on the death of his father Edward VII.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    kafka said:
    supaclive said:
    The Chinese / European party has links with Nice FC.... @PragueAddick - has this already been said?
    I’ve heard that today also. I think there’s something in it but no doubt there will be complications (ie Barnsley). 
    The complication is that such a group may not exist.
    It may, it may not.  Only a handful of people, if that, know EVERYTHING.  None of them post on here.  They may be watching though :wink:
    I give up...
    Hang on, I don't doubt your source, I don't doubt anyone else's.  But as far as I am aware no one, apart from LVT and RD, even know who ALL the sources are?

Your knowledge of party y, which I and I am sure others appreciate you sharing, doesn't give you inside knowledge of party x, even if party x exists.  They might be given rumour and innuendo by LVT but I honestly doubt he has broken NDA and spouted out how much anyone else is prepared to pay.

Multiple people on this site have A source, as far as I am aware noone on his site has a source close enough to Roland that there aren't unknowns?  Remember "done deal" came from neither the buyer nor the sell but a very good source.  

How come noone has a source in the "British" group?  Because they don't want to leak as it will be aggressive, from the fans, upfront.  If there is a sniff of Baton 2.0 there will be riots. 

You, nor I, don't known what you don't know.  Leaks happen because it's in people's interest to leak.  I, for one, wouldn't be supprised if a take over happened from either someone we had never heard of or someone we though had walked away. 

NURSE.......the screens!
  • Sponsored links:

• Another 90 odd posts today about absolutely fuck all

Never thought I'd say this but, #WIOTOS
  • jac52 said:
    1909, Ernest Shackleton fails to reach the South Pole by 112 miles
    2006, Iain Dowie sets off for the North pole and reaches the South Pole
    Did Dale go with him on this trip too...
  • Another punter seen leaving the Clarenden.

Oi Shackleton, South Pole's the other way 
  • The way that read things is that a Chinese consortium went to Barnsley and thought it would be nice to put in a bid for Charlton. 
    I think at last it’s going to happen!
  • jac52 said:
    1909, Ernest Shackleton fails to reach the South Pole by 112 miles
    2006, Iain Dowie sets off for the North pole and reaches the South Pole
    Did Dale go with him on this trip too...
    Ah.... so Dowie has heard about the Antarctic bid for the club as well eh?
  • So theres a nice chinese in Barnsley?
  • Off_it said:
    Those post Wembley season tickets are looking like a right bargain now.
    Good shout Off-it ?
    The old boys in the cheap seats are going to watch Charlton for a tenner a game.
    Superb Value.  

The only thing Duchatelet didn't screw up was the cheaper option seats. I assume he knows  :o

Fits in with Lee Bowyer trying to get blood from a stone.

• Sponsored links:

• So theres a nice chinese in Barnsley?
    I think this is a result of Chinese whispers. 
  • Several hours since the last rumour surfaced. It's happening, but very, very quietly.
  • Oh no not again..... I'm getting out of here before it kicks off. See you all on page 1920
  • Solidgone said:
    So theres a nice chinese in Barnsley?
    I think this is a result of Chinese whispers. 
    I can't lie - I have a horrific case of the Tandoori Whispers today

Where's that toilet thread when you need it
  • Redrobo said:

I would if I had his number. If he's got £2.5bn(!!!!!!) to spare then surely he'd be better spunking it on us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!