Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    cfgs said:
    Whilst the Aussies appear to not have the money to push us forward without mortgaging the assets and seemingly have dithered and dragged their feet throughout, maybe just maybe it isn't their fault. Maybe Muir and @JamesSeed's bestie thought it was all but done when they rocked up publicly at that game in May 2018.  They probably thought after months of negotiations that things were nearly done and it was time to go public. But could it be that Roland has continually mucked them around and investors have dropped out due to the moving of the goalposts and the owner being a snide duplicitous plum, resetting the bid and leaving RM having to scramble to keep them interested.  The fact that the bid still exists is remarkable and proves that Muir cares about the club, otherwise he would have given up a long time a go.

The above is just a whimsical notion that just occurred to me, probably completely wrong. Anyway I just want rid of Roly and I mainly only care that the new people get us and our club, that they care and want to push forward together, lots of money would be a happy bonus though.  
    That’s roughly the way I see it, although the investment in lawyers’ fees would also make it harder to walk away imho

Stuff and nonsense. I've heard this before and it's akin to the gambler chasing his losses.

Paying corporate lawyers is an insurance policy against making a wrong decision. If as a result of that legal expenditure the answer is that it would be a wrong decision then any businessman worth his salt would walk away, accepting that the lawyer's fees had saved him money in the long run.

• bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    cfgs said:
    Whilst the Aussies appear to not have the money to push us forward without mortgaging the assets and seemingly have dithered and dragged their feet throughout, maybe just maybe it isn't their fault. Maybe Muir and @JamesSeed's bestie thought it was all but done when they rocked up publicly at that game in May 2018.  They probably thought after months of negotiations that things were nearly done and it was time to go public. But could it be that Roland has continually mucked them around and investors have dropped out due to the moving of the goalposts and the owner being a snide duplicitous plum, resetting the bid and leaving RM having to scramble to keep them interested.  The fact that the bid still exists is remarkable and proves that Muir cares about the club, otherwise he would have given up a long time a go.

The above is just a whimsical notion that just occurred to me, probably completely wrong. Anyway I just want rid of Roly and I mainly only care that the new people get us and our club, that they care and want to push forward together, lots of money would be a happy bonus though.  
    That’s roughly the way I see it, although the investment in lawyers’ fees would also make it harder to walk away imho

Stuff and nonsense. I've heard this before and it's akin to the gambler chasing his losses.

Paying corporate lawyers is an insurance policy against making a wrong decision. If as a result of that legal expenditure the answer is that it would be a wrong decision then any businessman worth his salt would walk away, accepting that the lawyer's fees had saved him money in the long run.

Not sure that’s the case here. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Ok, it’s not earth shattering of course...
    It’s possible that one Aussie investor is fed up with the waiting game. Probably a key investor. May want to set deadline to force some sort of conclusion, or may have done already. Especially with the ‘European’ consortium showing interest.

And the same family issues apply this year as last year, for GM, although missing that window is not critical for the bid overall. 
    GM, after post Wembley conversations, has gone very quiet which I hope is a good sign, so this ‘info’ comes from my other source, who has been accurate in the past. Of course anything could have changed since I received it a couple of days ago. 

i was feeling pretty negative about anything happening, and this possibly improves the likelihood of progress, a little bit. It may also potentially increase the chances of the bid collapsing. 
    Quite nervous about passing on even limited info for obvious reasons. 
    Thank you for passing on what you know - at last.

The original, cryptic, ‘teaser’ post is exactly what winds some people up. The ‘I know something you don’t’ style of post does you no good and invites abuse IMHO.

#bemorelikeredhenry

Lol. You’re forgetting that I repeated Aussies’ statement about ‘next two weeks are critical’ once, and got dog’s abuse, despite the words not being my own. My trepidation should hardly be a surprise.
    Sorry mate I appreciate your news as much as anyone but these cryptic messages help no one 
    It wasn’t cryptic. As others have said it was pretty straightforward. 
    Why not simply just say what you did this morning on your first post? 
    I couldn’t have, as I didn’t have the detail last night. 
    In a previous  post you said you’d known for 3 days.

• JamesSeed said:
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    cfgs said:

If they are still in the game then it should be because they still see it as a good deal - not because they have spent money already.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    It’s possible that one Aussie investor is fed up with the waiting game. Probably a key investor. May want to set deadline to force some sort of conclusion, or may have done already. Especially with the ‘European’ consortium showing interest.

And the same family issues apply this year as last year, for GM, although missing that window is not critical for the bid overall. 
    GM, after post Wembley conversations, has gone very quiet which I hope is a good sign, so this ‘info’ comes from my other source, who has been accurate in the past. Of course anything could have changed since I received it a couple of days ago. 

i was feeling pretty negative about anything happening, and this possibly improves the likelihood of progress, a little bit. It may also potentially increase the chances of the bid collapsing. 

The original, cryptic, ‘teaser’ post is exactly what winds some people up. The ‘I know something you don’t’ style of post does you no good and invites abuse IMHO.

#bemorelikeredhenry

Lol. You’re forgetting that I repeated Aussies’ statement about ‘next two weeks are critical’ once, and got dog’s abuse, despite the words not being my own. My trepidation should hardly be a surprise.
    Sorry mate I appreciate your news as much as anyone but these cryptic messages help no one 
    Why not simply just say what you did this morning on your first post? 
    I couldn’t have, as I didn’t have the detail last night. 
    In a previous  post you said you’d known for 3 days.

I’d known the basics, but I didn’t have the details. I hadn’t heard that one investor had ‘broken ranks’. 
    Why does it matter so much to you?
  • edited July 2019
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    cfgs said:

If they are still in the game then it should be because they still see it as a good deal - not because they have spent money already.
    Correct. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

#bemorelikeredhenry

Ok not cryptic, it was all very clear
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    But Jim White told me 'there you have it, you should be happy', the straight talking man of football couldnt be wrong? Could he? 
    “Get your head around the idea that Roland will be gone shortly Charlton fans”

”I can now reveal that over the next 48 hours charlton fans, Roland will be gone”

What a pillock that man is.
    Pillock in this context being a rat fellating louse who (presumably) gets paid to shout at a handful of people about stuff he knows the square root of naff all on a very minor radio station.
    Not worth the steam off my micturition
    Wow . The hatred you have for everyone astonishes me . 
    You’re way off. Hatred is a nihilistic emotion that clouds the mind. It would encumber one’s ability to succinctly vilify the witless, hypocritical or venal.  Command of a florid and wounding lexicon is far more successful from a calm, focused mind.

Now, once more - in English!
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    If I was to say it’s a crucial ten days for the Aussies would you lot crucify me if nothing happens?
    No you're right, not cryptic

Vague ? No
    Ambiguous ? No

Attention seeker / Look at me Look at me ................. Now that's more like it.
    Grow up. 
    If the only posts on this thread were confined to facts then it would be a very short thread and Henry would be devastated. 

Im grateful for any post that’s made in good faith. If you don’t like some of the posts I suggest you don’t open the thread. Keep it coming James and anyone else who hears anything. 
    It’s happening!
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't understand why people need/want to have a pop at others who post what they hear. What is the point? I'd rather read snippets of information of any news, good or bad, re the takeover than all the fish puns/house sale analogies etc. To everyone who posts, in good faith, what they hear re the potential takeover, please continue, I for one, appreciate it.
    Feck off. :)

• Isn't anything that you choose to publish on the internet by definition a 'look at me' post?
    Yes, including this one.
  • Chizz said:
    1916, British army soldiers are no longer required to wear a moustache.
    It could be me, but the Easter Rising in Ireland, the Battles of Jutland, Verdun and the Somme, and the French and British colluding to carve up the Middle East in the Sykes-Picot Agreement, might be deserving of a little more prominence.
    True.  But who knew about the moustaches?
    Baldrick?
  • 1916, British army soldiers are no longer required to wear a moustache.
    Thin end of the wedge.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!