Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    If I was to say it’s a crucial ten days for the Aussies would you lot crucify me if nothing happens?
    No you're right, not cryptic

Vague ? No
    Ambiguous ? No

Attention seeker / Look at me Look at me ................. Now that's more like it.
    I think you need a break. It was a post that was interesting to hear and as far as i can read said it as it is.

There's nothing else to it.
    Just had one thanks.

I've always been keen to hear any news & still am & am pretty sure that I haven't been negative about anyone posting on this thread up to now but come on "If I was to say it’s a crucial ten days" prior to that it was a "crucial two weeks". Really what do you find interesting about "a crucial ten days" what does that tell us ?
  • More Tosh if you ask me and that's not directed at James seed. I'd like to think Muir has got sick of hanging around with the Aussie bunch who can't get it done and has now jumped in with another who are on the verge of getting it done. However, i just see it as more bollox fed out to put us off the scent that the aussies were a fabrication. The new mystery 'supergroup' will become the latest bunch that will be forever imminent - until a new one's needed once they also lose credibility. 
  • There are some posters who know an awful lot about "bollox fed out to put us off the scent", so maybe that's a comment worth noting.  
  • The defeating silence on anything even remotely resembling a rumour is either extremely good news or extremely bad.  I’m very much in the bad camp but one can only hope.  Am pining my hopes on NLA’s comment a few weeks back and at this stage it will feel like Wembley all over again if at the last hour something happens.  If and when it doesn’t happen I’m becoming a professional troll towards Jim White until he blocks me.
  • If the Aussies were out of the picture do you reckon Roly would be any more likely to concede any ground to another bid, on the basis that he would no longer have the Aussies hanging around as some kind of "failsafe"?

This is a question worth asking.
    No one but Duchatelet has the answer.
  • Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    There are some posters who know an awful lot about "bollox fed out to put us off the scent", so maybe that's a comment worth noting.  
    and there's some who know f~~k all but are prepared to analyse the arse out of every little scrap of information - over and over and over again... 
    No.  Everyone knows fuck all.  It's just that some pretend otherwise. 
    This is what the takeover thread does, I find myself agreeing with this guy.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    There are some posters who know an awful lot about "bollox fed out to put us off the scent", so maybe that's a comment worth noting.  
    and there's some who know f~~k all but are prepared to analyse the arse out of every little scrap of information - over and over and over again... 
    and there's a third species that knows naff all, pretends otherwise, rubbishes any information whatever the source and enjoys winding people up, for kudos from fellow keyboard worriers with even less to occupy their time
  • Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:

I've never pretended to know anything - I've passed on information from very good sources - get over it 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Ok, it’s not earth shattering of course...
    It’s possible that one Aussie investor is fed up with the waiting game. Probably a key investor. May want to set deadline to force some sort of conclusion, or may have done already. Especially with the ‘European’ consortium showing interest.

And the same family issues apply this year as last year, for GM, although missing that window is not critical for the bid overall. 
    GM, after post Wembley conversations, has gone very quiet which I hope is a good sign, so this ‘info’ comes from my other source, who has been accurate in the past. Of course anything could have changed since I received it a couple of days ago. 

i was feeling pretty negative about anything happening, and this possibly improves the likelihood of progress, a little bit. It may also potentially increase the chances of the bid collapsing. 
    Quite nervous about passing on even limited info for obvious reasons. 
    Thanks for that detail, James. I was pretty negative until really RD is not only looking for someone to pay for his mistakes in running the club, but also appears to want someone to pay for his negligent due diligence. So now I'm even more negative.
  • edited July 2019
    [1933 Jimmy Seed became manager of Charlton. Just sayin’.]
  • JamesSeed said:
    1933 Jimmy Seed became manager of Charlton. Just sayin’. 
    Who??  ;)
  • Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    Shouldn't that be - everyone knows fuck all, but some people know more fuck all than others 
  • This whole thing has been a right stitch up from start to finish.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    We will needle the help we can get in order to make it through this next season if Roland doesn’t sell.
  • _MrDick said:
    If I’m going on what Jimmy Seed has said, I reckon the Aussies have given Duchatelet an ultimatum. You either accept our deal as it is or we’re walking away coz we’re fed up with the games.

Would be good timing on the back of Dalman doing the same.
  • edited July 2019
    Can’t we all just forget about RD for a moment and focus our attention on Bowyer and the excellent group of players he has put together? 

At at some point the club will be sold. Until then it’s really not worth wasting your energy on.
  • I have stopped pinning my hopes on a deal before the start of the season.
  • Can’t we all just forget about RD for a moment and focus our attention on Bowyer and the excellent group of players he has put together? 

At at some point the club will be sold. Until then it’s really not worth wasting your energy on.

yet here you are ..
  • Can’t we all just forget about RD for a moment and focus our attention on Bowyer and the excellent group of players he has put together? 

I agree. They seem a tight-knit group 

yet here you are ..

As much as I want to I can’t keep away! 
  • Uboat said:
    Aha! 150+ new posts! Something must have happened. 

When will I learn?
    Catching up on the take-over *chortle*, is about the 3rd most important reason I open this thread up, behind looking for arguments and learning new fish / sewing puns.

It was pinned so I got notifications, but not anymore 

• DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    and there's a third species that knows naff all, pretends otherwise, rubbishes any information whatever the source and enjoys winding people up, for kudos from fellow keyboard worriers with even less to occupy their time
    And then there’s Colin ...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!