Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• But you knew it to be true as you listened to the Force (whatever happened to Sunny Jim?)

Loved them as a kid - can you still get them?

"Hi o'er the fence leaps Sunny Jim
    Force is the food that raises him"
  • Up until about 3 years ago they sold them in Sainsbury’s. Don’t know where you can get them now. I had a sunny Jim stuffed toy when I was a kid, the powers of free marketing
  • Airman Brown, any news to share?

All I shall add is that AB, in his "other guise" ( VOTV seller :-) ) has updated his profile pic on Facebook today ....

....and he's smiling !
    Hmmm, I dunno, Harry and Meghan have set their wedding date today, maybe he's smiling about that.
  • I'm not sure there has been anything even vaguely takeover related on this thread since page 175! I have learnt some valuable life skills though!
  • Redhenry said:

Hear that RD knocked back a bid for the club two weeks ago. Hoping they go back with another.

I think we all more or less knew that.
    We'll I haven't read or heard it
    I know Bart and neither have I, but I think quite a lot of us reasoned that that is what happened.......I’ve spoken with a few Addicks of late and the general consensus is that an offer has been made but not accepted (at least thus far), though that doesn’t mean that either party have binned it completely......I reckon it’s at a ‘waiting to see who blinks first stage’ without anyone having actually said “take it or leave it,” or even if they have, that that comment is being taken as gospel by either party.
  • edited December 2017

Airman Brown, any news to share?

All I shall add is that AB, in his "other guise" ( VOTV seller :-) ) has updated his profile pic on Facebook today ....

....and he's smiling !
    Stand easy............. Its just wind! ;)
  • Redhenry said:

Hear that RD knocked back a bid for the club two weeks ago. Hoping they go back with another.

Well you ain't been paying attention then son! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

Redhenry said:

Well you ain't been paying attention then son! ;)
    Cut him some slack, he had a bad day all round last Saturday and is not quite over it yet :wink:
  • Red Chaser, the best thing about winning was that my teacher had a sneaky little favourite and was mad as hell. The judge on the day was one of Jon Pertwee's brothers. Just think, I could have gone on to be Doctor Who !
    Man at Millets, winning S56 million is something I can only dream of, I await his call with baseball bat at the ready.
  • When does the football season start?
  • edited December 2017
    I think I owe you an apology @Grumpy (Gramps) I got you mixed up with Grumpy Addick who really does live up to his name :blush:.

Belated congratulations on your achievement way back when :wink:
  • Perhaps Network Southeast are involved.
  • RedChaser said:

I think I owe you an apology @Grumpy (Gramps) I got you mixed up with Grumpy Addick who really does live up to his name :blush:.

No that's @golfaddick :wink:
  • edited December 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

RedChaser said:

No that's @golfaddick :wink:
    I didn't think I'd been that harsh on Golfie, I only said I thought he was consistent by leading with his chin, the other day :wink:
  • Dazzler21 said:

RedChaser said:

?
    Rewind
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

I know Bart and neither have I, but I think quite a lot of us reasoned that that is what happened.......I’ve spoken with a few Addicks of late and the general consensus is that an offer has been made but not accepted (at least thus far), though that doesn’t mean that either party have binned it completely......I reckon it’s at a ‘waiting to see who blinks first stage’ without anyone having actually said “take it or leave it,” or even if they have, that that comment is being taken as gospel by either party.
    But as I understand if an offer had been made but not accepted there would not have been Due Diligence (which the general consensus seems to agree is or has taken place) as that occurs after an acceptable offer has been made (subject to Due Diligence).

There may be problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made, or one or other party may have pulled the plug (or at least be pretending to have done).

But it seems unlikely that it's just a case of an offer being made but not accepted?
  • edited December 2017

Good news. The discovery by NASA of another solar system means there are more potential buyers out there.

Even more good news.
    Yesterday's BBC documentary on the existence of parallel Universes would suggest that Charlton supporters in at least one such parallel Universe are enjoying unprecedented success under a new beneficial ownership so................err.............not sure now that this really helps does it?
    It’ll do for me though. I’m now supporting that Charlton you mugs.

Bloody glory hunters.... ;)
  • Who on earth would pay upwards of 70 mill for a L1 club ...... ? If he doesnt budge on that sort of figure and cut his losses we will be stuck with him, stating the bleeding obvious !
  • red10 said:

Who on earth would pay upwards of 70 mill for a L1 club ...... ? If he doesnt budge on that sort of figure and cut his losses we will be stuck with him, stating the bleeding obvious !

It's ok, it wont be that much, Napa deals in $ :wink:
  • edited December 2017
    RedChaser said:

red10 said:

Who on earth would pay upwards of 70 mill for a L1 club ...... ? If he doesnt budge on that sort of figure and cut his losses we will be stuck with him, stating the bleeding obvious !

It's ok, it wont be that much, Napa deals in $ :wink:
    Wait, isn't £70M actually something like $90M? Makes it sound even worse. Guess I will have to sell a lot more wine if I am going to afford this. Like 100x my production.
  • RedChaser said:

Bronwyn what works at the Chippie says its off, but i think she might mean the fryer

Tuck?
    Actually, I’m told she was in fact born a women
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!