Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Ever the optimist I take @Airman Brown s radio silence as proof the mission is entering a critical phase .

I told you earlier to look at that enigmatic smile.....
  • johnny73 said:
    Johnny.......believe it or not, quite a few folk don’t use Facebook!
    I couldn't get the link to work!!
  • cfgs said:

johnny73 said:
    What does that say for those of us that don't do Facebook?
    The video said

"You can't fix stupid even with duct tape".

• Fumbluff said:

RedChaser said:

Good news. The discovery by NASA of another solar system means there are more potential buyers out there.

Were this to happen who on here would be in agreement.......especially if they wanted to bring in their own manager and coaching set up?
    Any chance Admin could set up an opinion poll..........on this thread only of course.
    If they've all got two heads and bring in some players as well, they'll do for me especially a centre forward :wink:
    How tall are they?
    If they use their highly advanced science to teleport themselves to the far post and nod one in (with either head) are they technically offside?
    Just got in from work to find I've started something silly.
    But anyway in answer to Henry's question, Addickted is technically correct, but I've a feeling they would rewrite the rules of association football and I don't think there's a lot we could do about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• oh DOUCHER is back - DD hasnt happened blah blah, head in sand still.
  • Bye Doucher. See you soon. As I keep saying, you can't resist pissing vinegar onto the takeover hope. See you in a day or two.
  • edited December 2017
    DOUCHER said:
    » show previous quotes

Well good luck because i won't be coming on here again for a while, its really not worth the bother

Where are you 3blokes,we need a Countdown the Days till DOUCHER is back on this thread again thread...;)
  • I still contend he will take zero haircut on debt and demand (at minimum) the £14-20M he paid in the first place for the equity. Which, assuming debt has not grown from the £57.5M as of the last financial statement... is £71.5 to £77.5M. And I think he will get it. Either that, or only part of the club gets sold.

Given what we know about the debt and what reports have been about the purchase price he made, how do others here calculate this sale can happen for £50M or less? Haircut on debt? Haircut on equity? I am interested in how others come up with the calculation.

I just don't see him eating £20-30M in any form. If he sells for some crazy low sum like £35M, I bet he holds onto assets like the Valley or Sparrows, or his company will continue to hold the debt, which the new owners will have to service and he keeps looming over the club in some fashion.

I would be thrilled to get him out at a big loss. I just think it won't happen.

For the one millionth time.

YOU ARE DOUBLE COUNTING!!!

The purchase price is included in the debt and has been growing at 3% a year. So the debt figure is basically the total sum..

To add context to your claim that 35m is "ridiculously low" last time we were sold in league 1 I believe it was for £1 and taking on debt of considerably less than 50m.
  • RedChaser said:

red10 said:

Who on earth would pay upwards of 70 mill for a L1 club ...... ? If he doesnt budge on that sort of figure and cut his losses we will be stuck with him, stating the bleeding obvious !

It's ok, it wont be that much, Napa deals in $ :wink:
    Wait, isn't £70M actually something like $90M? Makes it sound even worse. Guess I will have to sell a lot more wine if I am going to afford this. Like 100x my production.
    Please God. Don't let Napa buy us. The fella can't even count. Or read.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Hear that RD knocked back a bid for the club two weeks ago. Hoping they go back with another.

I think we all more or less knew that.
    We'll I haven't read or heard it
    I know Bart and neither have I, but I think quite a lot of us reasoned that that is what happened.......I’ve spoken with a few Addicks of late and the general consensus is that an offer has been made but not accepted (at least thus far), though that doesn’t mean that either party have binned it completely......I reckon it’s at a ‘waiting to see who blinks first stage’ without anyone having actually said “take it or leave it,” or even if they have, that that comment is being taken as gospel by either party.
    But as I understand if an offer had been made but not accepted there would not have been Due Diligence (which the general consensus seems to agree is or has taken place) as that occurs after an acceptable offer has been made (subject to Due Diligence).

There may be problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made, or one or other party may have pulled the plug (or at least be pretending to have done).

But it seems unlikely that it's just a case of an offer being made but not accepted?
    Possibly but not necessarily.

There may have been an indicative price before DD (£x).

Post DD the buyer will make an offer (£x-y).

RD then accepts or rejects that offer.

The two parties then play bid tennis until they agree a price or one party walks away.

They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid IE is it contingent on promotion this season or to the Prem, is it spread over a number of years.

I don't know but my take is that we are, or at least were two weeks ago, at the bid tennis stage. @Redhenry is a good source.
    But isn't 'an indicative price' effectively the same as 'an acceptable offer...(subject to Due Diligence)' that I mentioned, and 'problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made' that I referred to effectively the same as your 'Post DD the buyer will make an offer (£x-y)' and 'They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid'.

The point I've been trying to make is that for Due Diligence to have taken place the potential buyer must have made an 'acceptable offer' or agreed an 'indicative price' before DD was begun, rather than, as some have consistently suggested, that Duchatelet is asking for a price several times what any buyer has indicated they would be willing to pay.
    Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

And there it is in a nutshell - sorry to piss on the fireworks but DD has not happened, no offer anywhere near the mark has been made and the whole takeover imminent story has been a non story from the start - exactly as i said months ago and have been vilified for saying ever since. Please kill this thread, its painful to watch people continually creating permutations out of complete fabrications of the imagination. Cue all the usual muppets getting upset. Well good luck because i won't be coming on here again for a while, its really not worth the bother - thanks AFKA - you are a good man and i wish you and the forum all the best - COYR
    Hang on a min. A few posts ago you were agreeing with others that it had broken down because of stuff the DD had thrown up and an agreement couldn't be reached. You claimed this as some kind of victory for you and vindication as you were right all along.

Now you're back to your original story that DD hasn't started.

I call bullshit.

Also bye. You won't be missed. Class A bellend.
    I will make one last visit for u - u need to stop inventing things that I said - then u will realise who the bellend is - I had a view previously on who the biggest muppet on this board was but congratulations, u top the list and tone frank are a bit of an embarrassment to this forum - see u
  • Will you stop using text speak, it is not U.
  • edited December 2017

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Hear that RD knocked back a bid for the club two weeks ago. Hoping they go back with another.

I know Bart and neither have I, but I think quite a lot of us reasoned that that is what happened.......I’ve spoken with a few Addicks of late and the general consensus is that an offer has been made but not accepted (at least thus far), though that doesn’t mean that either party have binned it completely......I reckon it’s at a ‘waiting to see who blinks first stage’ without anyone having actually said “take it or leave it,” or even if they have, that that comment is being taken as gospel by either party.
    But as I understand if an offer had been made but not accepted there would not have been Due Diligence (which the general consensus seems to agree is or has taken place) as that occurs after an acceptable offer has been made (subject to Due Diligence).

There may be problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made, or one or other party may have pulled the plug (or at least be pretending to have done).

But it seems unlikely that it's just a case of an offer being made but not accepted?

The two parties then play bid tennis until they agree a price or one party walks away.

They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid IE is it contingent on promotion this season or to the Prem, is it spread over a number of years.

I don't know but my take is that we are, or at least were two weeks ago, at the bid tennis stage. @Redhenry is a good source.
    But isn't 'an indicative price' effectively the same as 'an acceptable offer...(subject to Due Diligence)' that I mentioned, and 'problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made' that I referred to effectively the same as your 'Post DD the buyer will make an offer (£x-y)' and 'They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid'.

The point I've been trying to make is that for Due Diligence to have taken place the potential buyer must have made an 'acceptable offer' or agreed an 'indicative price' before DD was begun, rather than, as some have consistently suggested, that Duchatelet is asking for a price several times what any buyer has indicated they would be willing to pay.
    Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

And there it is in a nutshell - sorry to piss on the fireworks but DD has not happened, no offer anywhere near the mark has been made and the whole takeover imminent story has been a non story from the start - exactly as i said months ago and have been vilified for saying ever since. Please kill this thread, its painful to watch people continually creating permutations out of complete fabrications of the imagination. Cue all the usual muppets getting upset. Well good luck because i won't be coming on here again for a while, its really not worth the bother - thanks AFKA - you are a good man and i wish you and the forum all the best - COYR
    Hang on a min. A few posts ago you were agreeing with others that it had broken down because of stuff the DD had thrown up and an agreement couldn't be reached. You claimed this as some kind of victory for you and vindication as you were right all along.

I call bullshit.

I will make one last visit for u - u need to stop inventing things that I said - then u will realise who the bellend is - I had a view previously on who the biggest muppet on this board was but congratulations, u top the list and tone frank are a bit of an embarrassment to this forum - see u
    Annnnnnddddddd he's back. Who had 15 mins in the sweepstake?

I'm genuinely not sure if you have some kind of split personality disorder. If I was as sad as you are I would go back and quote you saying those things (again). But frankly I can't be arsed and you're not worth it.

I don't give a shit about your opinion of me, I think I'm fairly well liked on here. Its not a popularity contest anyway. I just stay myself and give my opinion.

I'm not a sad little internet troll who makes up stories to try and seem ITK and to get attention. My stories dont change every 10 mins and they don't come from a made up friend of a friend who may or may not lie which is all bullshit.

Go back to your hole you little twat.
    Who said you were well liked on here you support Slurrey nobody likes anybody who supports Slurrey ;-)

Well that's fair enough. You Kent fans support Gillingham though. ;)
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

I call bullshit.

Annnnnnddddddd he's back. Who had 15 mins in the sweepstake?

I'm genuinely not sure if you have some kind of split personality disorder. If I was as sad as you are I would go back and quote you saying those things (again). But frankly I can't be arsed and you're not worth it.

I don't give a shit about your opinion of me, I think I'm fairly well liked on here. Its not a popularity contest anyway. I just stay myself and give my opinion.

I'm not a sad little internet troll who makes up stories to try and seem ITK and to get attention. My stories dont change every 10 mins and they don't come from a made up friend of a friend who may or may not lie which is all bullshit.

Go back to your hole you little twat.
    Who said you were well liked on here you support Slurrey nobody likes anybody who supports Slurrey ;-)

Well that's fair enough. You Kent fans support Gillingham though. ;)
    Fighting talk there :wink:
  • edited December 2017
    Wrong thread
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!