Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• @redhenry @carly burn alright ...i'll nibble what timeframe is your best guess for an outcome either way? Can you indicate whether we're talking about a business, a consortium or an individual? What would be your guess at their priorities in the near medium long term?
  • Personally I'm over the moon with RH's news.

He's defo ITK with a track record of being right.

If he says it I'll believe it.

Now where is the it's happening Gif?

Does he have an enigmatic smile, canters ?

:-)

I hope so. Although I've never met the man.

As I said before @Redhenry is a good source so his news is a good sign.

But he isnt, rightly, saying it's done so until then WIOTOS.

As I said before @Redhenry is a good source so his news is a good sign.

But he isnt, rightly, saying it's done so until then WIOTOS.
    I'm clutching my hands in prayer and typing with my forehead.
    which about sums up the 'Charlton condition'

Exclusive- here's a picture of @Redhenry :

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/01/80/bc01804735e216e55608b29ac614bad2--sexy-men-hot-men.jpg

Exclusive- here's a picture of @Redhenry :

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/01/80/bc01804735e216e55608b29ac614bad2--sexy-men-hot-men.jpg
    Don't click the link if you're at work - There's no rude bits but your colleagues may look at you differently :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't ask that we're the next Man City, I don't even care if we don't spend millions to stroll back into the Premier League like Wolves are doing.

I just want a team to be proud of.

Agree but wouldn't say no to a bit of Man City type football and money.
    I'd take mid-table Championship and being within a few points of the playoffs each year.

Oh and the occasional win at The Den (I'm really dreaming now aren't I...)
  • <
    PaddyP17 said:

Katrien Meire just arrived for work btw. Seth was down at the ticket office and saw her waltz in at 10.40.

Just let's hope she was told to come in late to give someone time to prepare her p45
  • lolwray said:

<

PaddyP17 said:

Katrien Meire just arrived for work btw. Seth was down at the ticket office and saw her waltz in at 10.40.

Just let's hope she was told to come in late to give someone time to prepare her p45
    No, that's early for Daisy.
  • edited December 2017
    Uboat said:

I've got this weird feeling it's going to happen soon, so I'm checking in every half hour today.
    Could the mods work on some sort of Charlton Life Batsign so that I can get on with my life safe in the knowledge that when something happens I'll know.
    Also, could one of the creative types produce a mock up of what it would look like? Thanks.

I too am feeling a little optimistic at the moment, so I have asked the wife to remind me of any jobs that she feels need doing round the house. That should sort it :wink:
  • I thought this was the agreed 'its happening' gif.
    Suppose it doesn't matter because both convey ITS HAPPENING
  • Seems like something significant is going on ( thanks Redhenry) but I somehow doubt this is days away. Would be good if it’s done before the window closes but I’m thinking we might just miss out on that deadline. I have no inside info just my thoughts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems like something significant is going on ( thanks Redhenry) but I somehow doubt this is days away. Would be good if it’s done before the window closes but I’m thinking we might just miss out on that deadline. I have no inside info just my thoughts.

Think you are right...but if any potential buyers are serious then they will also want it to be complete before the end of the window because otherwise what they are buying is more likely to decline in value...
  • Croydon said:

I don't ask that we're the next Man City, I don't even care if we don't spend millions to stroll back into the Premier League like Wolves are doing.

I just want a team to be proud of.

Agree but wouldn't say no to a bit of Man City type football and money.
    I'd take mid-table Championship and being within a few points of the playoffs each year.

Oh and the occasional win at The Den (I'm really dreaming now aren't I...)
    Completely agree, never had a problem with being in the championship. Just hate being in the League 1 pub league, this season being a league below Burton is the thing that stings
  • cafc-west said:

Seems like something significant is going on ( thanks Redhenry) but I somehow doubt this is days away. Would be good if it’s done before the window closes but I’m thinking we might just miss out on that deadline. I have no inside info just my thoughts.

Think you are right...but if any potential buyers are serious then they will also want it to be complete before the end of the window because otherwise what they are buying is more likely to decline in value...
    That’s very true. However a millions of pounds deal will have other priorities. Ideally done to allow work to start but I doubt things will be rushed on that basis. As a wise man once said. WIOTOS

• PaddyP17 said:

Who was her partner?

That's better canters glad to see your customary civility
  • PaddyP17 said:

Who was her partner?
    @tibbles
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Hear that RD knocked back a bid for the club two weeks ago. Hoping they go back with another.

I think we all more or less knew that.
    We'll I haven't read or heard it
    I know Bart and neither have I, but I think quite a lot of us reasoned that that is what happened.......I’ve spoken with a few Addicks of late and the general consensus is that an offer has been made but not accepted (at least thus far), though that doesn’t mean that either party have binned it completely......I reckon it’s at a ‘waiting to see who blinks first stage’ without anyone having actually said “take it or leave it,” or even if they have, that that comment is being taken as gospel by either party.
    But as I understand if an offer had been made but not accepted there would not have been Due Diligence (which the general consensus seems to agree is or has taken place) as that occurs after an acceptable offer has been made (subject to Due Diligence).

There may be problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made, or one or other party may have pulled the plug (or at least be pretending to have done).

But it seems unlikely that it's just a case of an offer being made but not accepted?
    Possibly but not necessarily.

There may have been an indicative price before DD (£x).

Post DD the buyer will make an offer (£x-y).

RD then accepts or rejects that offer.

The two parties then play bid tennis until they agree a price or one party walks away.

They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid IE is it contingent on promotion this season or to the Prem, is it spread over a number of years.

I don't know but my take is that we are, or at least were two weeks ago, at the bid tennis stage. @Redhenry is a good source.
    But isn't 'an indicative price' effectively the same as 'an acceptable offer...(subject to Due Diligence)' that I mentioned, and 'problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made' that I referred to effectively the same as your 'Post DD the buyer will make an offer (£x-y)' and 'They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid'.

The point I've been trying to make is that for Due Diligence to have taken place the potential buyer must have made an 'acceptable offer' or agreed an 'indicative price' before DD was begun, rather than, as some have consistently suggested, that Duchatelet is asking for a price several times what any buyer has indicated they would be willing to pay.
    Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

And there it is in a nutshell - sorry to piss on the fireworks but DD has not happened, no offer anywhere near the mark has been made and the whole takeover imminent story has been a non story from the start - exactly as i said months ago and have been vilified for saying ever since. Please kill this thread, its painful to watch people continually creating permutations out of complete fabrications of the imagination. Cue all the usual muppets getting upset. Well good luck because i won't be coming on here again for a while, its really not worth the bother - thanks AFKA - you are a good man and i wish you and the forum all the best - COYR
    Hang on a min. A few posts ago you were agreeing with others that it had broken down because of stuff the DD had thrown up and an agreement couldn't be reached. You claimed this as some kind of victory for you and vindication as you were right all along.

Now you're back to your original story that DD hasn't started.

I call bullshit.

Also bye. You won't be missed. Class A bellend.
    I will make one last visit for u - u need to stop inventing things that I said - then u will realise who the bellend is - I had a view previously on who the biggest muppet on this board was but congratulations, u top the list and tone frank are a bit of an embarrassment to this forum - see u
    Annnnnnddddddd he's back. Who had 15 mins in the sweepstake?

I'm genuinely not sure if you have some kind of split personality disorder. If I was as sad as you are I would go back and quote you saying those things (again). But frankly I can't be arsed and you're not worth it.

I don't give a shit about your opinion of me, I think I'm fairly well liked on here. Its not a popularity contest anyway. I just stay myself and give my opinion.

I'm not a sad little internet troll who makes up stories to try and seem ITK and to get attention. My stories dont change every 10 mins and they don't come from a made up friend of a friend who may or may not lie which is all bullshit.

Go back to your hole you little twat.
    Who said you were well liked on here you support Slurrey nobody likes anybody who supports Slurrey ;-)

Well that's fair enough. You Kent fans support Gillingham though. ;)
    You came that close to getting a flag ...
  • I’m sure Roland is a kind hearted person and he will deliver his present very soon so we can all enjoy a wonderful Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone and Daisy.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!