Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Good god just announced Barnsley have been bought by a Chinese billionaire!! FFS what about us????

From BBC website-:

Barnsley: Consortium completes takeover of Championship club

didn't even know there was a takeover in the offing, did they do proper DD?

Their previous owner, Patrick Cryne, announced in September that he has terminal cancer and is unlikely to survive the duration of the season, so I would guess that's the catalyst.
  • Good god just announced Barnsley have been bought by a Chinese billionaire!! FFS what about us????

From BBC website-:

didn't even know there was a takeover in the offing, did they do proper DD?

A friend is a Barnsley fan, he told me about this several months ago. Just goes to show how long a takeover process can actually take to complete (I hope!)
  • HarryLime said:

I thought Roly in the past has said he wouldn't sell to 'The Chinese' as they don't understand how we do business.
    Thanks again Roland for your enlightened views

Didn’t he say something like the Chinese don’t understand football culture? Again, this is equally hilarious coming from that ignorant old fossil
  • 3blokes said:

I have been through my calculations several times but I keep getting the answer “ Morrisey”
    Where am I going wrong?

Remember BODMAS
    I loved the beasts of BODMAS on scrap heap challenge. Proper tele that.

*I know it was Bodmin*
  • edited December 2017

Good god just announced Barnsley have been bought by a Chinese billionaire!! FFS what about us????

From BBC website-:

A consortium led by Chinese businessman Chien Lee has completed a takeover of Championship club Barnsley.

Watch him asset strip to strengthen his holding company and his network clubs... Oh what? He doesn't have a network? He must not know what it's like to NEVER fail.

The American guy from Moneyball is involved as well apparently. Some serious money there if that’s the case.

Not necessarily good news from a Barnsley perspective, after all, Roland’s trying to do the moneyball thing with charlton (and executing it very poorly).
    Billy Beane is keen on "soccer". He's involved with an MLS team already (San Jose?) and he's been trying to come up with a statistical analysis model for football to use in the same way he did for Oakland, but without much success.

He's not exactly a billionaire though, more likely on board for his GM and analysis experience.
  • edited December 2017
    I met mr Lee at the world football forum in Changsha this year

Good for Barnsley got money to burn that fella
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

I met mr Lee at the world football forum in Changsha this year

Good for Barnsley got money to burn that fella

Why didn't you tap him up then? :open_mouth: Oh yeh, I momentarily forget the Douchbag doesn't do business with the Chinese.
  • Missed It said:

The American guy from Moneyball is involved as well apparently. Some serious money there if that’s the case.

Not necessarily good news from a Barnsley perspective, after all, Roland’s trying to do the moneyball thing with charlton (and executing it very poorly).
    Billy Beane is keen on "soccer". He's involved with an MLS team already (San Jose?) and he's been trying to come up with a statistical analysis model for football to use in the same way he did for Oakland, but without much success.

He's not exactly a billionaire though, more likely on board for his GM and analysis experience.
    Missed It said:

Chinese and American working together .....
    Donald won't be happy!!!
  • Duchatelet previously described others as foreign or Chinese.
    Strengthens my view that he is a racist.
  • J BLOCK said:

Airman, Red Henry - Give us some good news please

Yes please do, I'm reaching the end of my tether.
  • Sponsored links:

• To add to the unrest Bromley South Waitrose has run out of Basalmic vinegar!

That's disgraceful, treating people as though they're mere play things, this could have serious repercussions.
  • To add to the unrest Bromley South Waitrose has run out of Basalmic vinegar!

Thank you very much Anna Soubry and the other 10 traitors, look at the chaos you're causing not letting us agree trade deals with other countries.

What's next, sushi? Quails eggs?

• Rumours are an un-named female was crucial in brokering the deal, although she thought they were buying Leeds.

You call them Leeds, I call them Barnsley!

From BBC website-:

A consortium led by Chinese businessman Chien Lee has completed a takeover of Championship club Barnsley.

Bastards!!!!!!
  • Wish them all the best but the warning signs are there. Other club under same ownership and seem to be planning on using moneyball. Already had French trialists sent over too.
  • Apparently (according to talksport) the same Chinese consortium took over nice last year or so, they finished 3rd and qualified for the champions league for the first time in their history.
  • DA9 said:

Apparently (according to talksport) the same Chinese consortium took over nice last year or so, they finished 3rd and qualified for the champions league for the first time in their history.

So will they be focusing on the champions league club in the south of France or a perennial nothing club with very little fan base potential in Yorkshire?
  • The fact that Barnsley can be bought by a rich Chinese consortium is further proof that potential buyers are out there.
    But they are not fools and the fact that they would rather buy Barnsley than a London club with a great stadium ( Charlton) is further proof that Douchbag is asking way over and above what we are worth.
    Other clubs will probably benefit from a similar takeover while we just carry on running up dept and going nowhere until old yellow teeth wakes up to reality and asks for a reasonable price.

Just sell the club

You know the rest.

And by the time a takeover actually happens even if we did end up with Chinese Billionaires ourselves there are still plenty of other clubs being taken over to compete with if they splash the cash of course - you only have to look at Wolves. Most teams in the Championship have either wealthy backers or a wealth of TV parachute payments I fear by the time a takeover actually happens unless someone has game changing plans for us it's still going to take heavy investment if we're to ever get back to the Premier League.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!