Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Hear that RD knocked back a bid for the club two weeks ago. Hoping they go back with another.

I think we all more or less knew that.
    We'll I haven't read or heard it
    I know Bart and neither have I, but I think quite a lot of us reasoned that that is what happened.......I’ve spoken with a few Addicks of late and the general consensus is that an offer has been made but not accepted (at least thus far), though that doesn’t mean that either party have binned it completely......I reckon it’s at a ‘waiting to see who blinks first stage’ without anyone having actually said “take it or leave it,” or even if they have, that that comment is being taken as gospel by either party.
    But as I understand if an offer had been made but not accepted there would not have been Due Diligence (which the general consensus seems to agree is or has taken place) as that occurs after an acceptable offer has been made (subject to Due Diligence).

There may be problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made, or one or other party may have pulled the plug (or at least be pretending to have done).

But it seems unlikely that it's just a case of an offer being made but not accepted?
    Possibly but not necessarily.

There may have been an indicative price before DD (£x).

Post DD the buyer will make an offer (£x-y).

RD then accepts or rejects that offer.

The two parties then play bid tennis until they agree a price or one party walks away.

They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid IE is it contingent on promotion this season or to the Prem, is it spread over a number of years.

I don't know but my take is that we are, or at least were two weeks ago, at the bid tennis stage. @Redhenry is a good source.
  • edited December 2017

He paid approximately 18 million for a championship football club.
    Because of his utter incompetence we are now a league one football club.
    Whatever losses we have made over the last few years are down to him and meire and he cannot expect a potential buyer to pay for his mistakes.
    We are worth less now than what he paid as we are in a lower league.
    If he insists on asking for 40 or 50 million I cannot see anyone seriously offering this sort of money, we are now a league one club afterall.
    All I know is that the longer he remains the more money he loses.

JUST SELL THE CLUB.

I think you’ve missed a bit off the end......
  • He paid approximately 18 million for a championship football club.
    Whatever losses we have made over the last few years are down to him and meire and he cannot expect a potential buyer to pay for his mistakes.
    If he insists on asking for 40 or 50 million I cannot see anyone seriously offering this sort of money, we are now a league one club afterall.

JUST SELL THE CLUB.

I think you’ve missed a bit off the end......
    AND FUCK OFF

Better
    Much better.
  • Sponsored links:

• He paid approximately 18 million for a championship football club.

JUST SELL THE CLUB.

And the nearer we will be towards becoming a League 2 club when he would give his left shoe for the deal he may be being offered now.
  • micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Hear that RD knocked back a bid for the club two weeks ago. Hoping they go back with another.

I know Bart and neither have I, but I think quite a lot of us reasoned that that is what happened.......I’ve spoken with a few Addicks of late and the general consensus is that an offer has been made but not accepted (at least thus far), though that doesn’t mean that either party have binned it completely......I reckon it’s at a ‘waiting to see who blinks first stage’ without anyone having actually said “take it or leave it,” or even if they have, that that comment is being taken as gospel by either party.
    But as I understand if an offer had been made but not accepted there would not have been Due Diligence (which the general consensus seems to agree is or has taken place) as that occurs after an acceptable offer has been made (subject to Due Diligence).

There may be problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made, or one or other party may have pulled the plug (or at least be pretending to have done).

But it seems unlikely that it's just a case of an offer being made but not accepted?

The two parties then play bid tennis until they agree a price or one party walks away.

They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid IE is it contingent on promotion this season or to the Prem, is it spread over a number of years.

I don't know but my take is that we are, or at least were two weeks ago, at the bid tennis stage. @Redhenry is a good source.
    But isn't 'an indicative price' effectively the same as 'an acceptable offer...(subject to Due Diligence)' that I mentioned, and 'problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made' that I referred to effectively the same as your 'Post DD the buyer will make an offer (£x-y)' and 'They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid'.

The point I've been trying to make is that for Due Diligence to have taken place the potential buyer must have made an 'acceptable offer' or agreed an 'indicative price' before DD was begun, rather than, as some have consistently suggested, that Duchatelet is asking for a price several times what any buyer has indicated they would be willing to pay.
    Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

• micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

But isn't 'an indicative price' effectively the same as 'an acceptable offer...(subject to Due Diligence)' that I mentioned, and 'problems, issues and haggling as a result of Due Diligence, including how and when payment(s) might be made' that I referred to effectively the same as your 'Post DD the buyer will make an offer (£x-y)' and 'They may even have agreed the price but not how it is paid'.

The point I've been trying to make is that for Due Diligence to have taken place the potential buyer must have made an 'acceptable offer' or agreed an 'indicative price' before DD was begun, rather than, as some have consistently suggested, that Duchatelet is asking for a price several times what any buyer has indicated they would be willing to pay.
    Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

Especially if you use an expensive company to work on your behalf.
  • micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

I assume any pre DD offer would be based on information provided by the club. Maybe that was, perhaps, a little misleading, unintentionally of course.
  • Ever the optimist I take @Airman Brown s radio silence as proof the mission is entering a critical phase .

Or he is self medicating to ride out the flood of melancholy caused by the collapse of the deal.
  • Hex said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

I assume any pre DD offer would be based on information provided by the club. Maybe that was, perhaps, a little misleading, unintentionally of course.
    How could anyone think otherwise @Hex ?
  • micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

I remember reading that Duchatelet didn't seem to bother too much with DD, when he was buying Charlton.

• Oggy Red said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

I remember reading that Duchatelet didn't seem to bother too much with DD, when he was buying Charlton.

Didn't he do it himself?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    Oggy Red said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

One would like to think he’s learned from that mistake.

As it’s Roland though, he won’t have
  • micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Well that’s really just another way of saying it isn’t it......in short, that a good few of us think they are most likely still sparring.
  • Oggy Red said:

micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Redhenry said:

Good points.

DD is expensive as well.

Well he fucking does now!
  • edited December 2017

cfgs said:

Ever the optimist I take @Airman Brown s radio silence as proof the mission is entering a critical phase .

Or he is self medicating to ride out the flood of melancholy caused by the collapse of the deal.
    He’s actually still counting all the money he’s made out his fabricated for sale story. Christmas in the Bahamas I’ve heard.
    The extraordinary thing is that there are a few fans out there who actually believe that.
  • johnny73 said:
    Johnny.......believe it or not, quite a few folk don’t use Facebook!
  • johnny73 said:
    What does that say for those of us that don't do Facebook?
  • Hursute challenged - haircuts for all. When do we want it...now,
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!