Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Would rather be penniless than owned by anyone close to the Saudi monarchy.

Hopefully it's just a legitimate businessman.

Bin Laden Group?
    KM/KF.. Laundry Bin laden group
  • Did you know that the Arab world pronounce Bin Laden’s name as follows.

Oooo Samar Binny Larden.

Strange but true.
  • Oh Samar Samar
    He wants to bring death to Kafr
    He’s better than Naby Sarr
    Oh Samar Samar
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Would rather be penniless than owned by anyone close to the Saudi monarchy.

Hopefully it's just a legitimate businessman.

I couldn’t give two hoots about the ownership, legitimate or not - if they’re filthy rich and allow me to watch us beat palace and millwall on the way to the prem, they’re more the welcome
    You won’t be saying that when we aren’t allowed to drink in the ground, all women have to wait outside for the full 90 minutes, we have to kick right to left at all times and everyone has to face the east stand.
    Allah Akbar
  • Is he our new signing?
  • so when are we actually going to get taken over?
  • Sponsored links:

You never know what's around the corner...

DOH!
  • Serious question: has there been any Saudi Arabian investment in football?

Sheffield United.

Serious question: has there been any Saudi Arabian investment in football?

Not sure but this article from 2016 featured in the Evening Standard might give some clues..

https://www.google.dk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/saudi-billionaires-targeting-top-london-clubs-for-takeovers-a3406401.html?amp
    I've no idea if it is Saudi money but I ask because there have been big changes with the kingdom with a more liberal (that is very relative in Saudi terms) crown prince taking control and looking to change the social and economic model.

Part of that could be more investment in areas such as football to compete with Qater and the UAE who are already involved.

Why they would choose Charlton is another question but that is for a different debate.

I trust @Redhenry as a source. IMHO something is happening; whether it will ever be concluded, who knows?

WIOTOS

While the Saudis are looking to diversify their economy away from its oil dependency, I'm not so sure football is a wise investment!

If Saudis are involved, don't expect any deal to get done in a hurry. In my experience, they can be really quite painful to deal with business-wise.
  • Missed It said:

Sheffield United.

Not sure but this article from 2016 featured in the Evening Standard might give some clues..

https://www.google.dk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/saudi-billionaires-targeting-top-london-clubs-for-takeovers-a3406401.html?amp
    I've no idea if it is Saudi money but I ask because there have been big changes with the kingdom with a more liberal (that is very relative in Saudi terms) crown prince taking control and looking to change the social and economic model.

Part of that could be more investment in areas such as football to compete with Qater and the UAE who are already involved.

Why they would choose Charlton is another question but that is for a different debate.

I trust @Redhenry as a source. IMHO something is happening; whether it will ever be concluded, who knows?

WIOTOS

While the Saudis are looking to diversify their economy away from its oil dependency, I'm not so sure football is a wise investment!

If Saudis are involved, don't expect any deal to get done in a hurry. In my experience, they can be really quite painful to deal with business-wise.
    And so can Goldfinger!
  • Dave2l said:

so when are we actually going to get taken over?

qatar to 6
    In tents minutes?
  • edited December 2017
    I hope something does come of this soon as I keep getting a nagging doubt in my mind.

Now RD has all but given up on football (was he ever interested?), without a sale I can see zero investment in January or next summer. While even I'm not pessimistic enough to think we're in danger of going down (remind me of this in April), it must be a distinct possibility next season. If we did hit L2 his asking price is even less likely to be entertained and he might resort to a scorched earth exit policy. Liquidate the remaining player assets, withdraw from the league, flog Sparrows Lane to the Nigels and recover what he can over time with rent from a developed Valley

I'm off to brush up on my Arabic (and strine, just in case)

• Will the new owners look to appoint Lennie Lawrence??

You never know what's around the corner...

DOH!
    Don't you mean DOHA ??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!