Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• so when are we actually going to get taken over?

@nth london addick said the thread should be closed down for Christmas day and restarted on boxing day.

Most others missed this clue but he is saying it is happening 100% FACT LOCKED On DONE DEAL on Boxing Day.
    ITS HAPPENING!
  • 3blokes said:

If money is no object, then buying a London team like CAFC is not a bad punt. Developing area, club has potential to be much greater than it currently is, good marketable history with its support base ( you missed that bit, Roland you muppet) and decent stadium.
    What’s not to like? Yes you might be being pushed to pay a few mill over the odds by the muppet, but he wants to sell, and you want Dubai... sorry, to buy.
    Let the baby have his bottle, make him a deal he can live with, so he saves a bit of face ( to himself if no one else) for his failure here, and let’s move this whole venture on. :+1:
    “I ,for one,welcome our new Overlords” - Kent Brockman.

( whether this investor plaything is the right way forward for English football clubs is another matter entirely, but at the moment, it’s that or extinction, it seems. Lower league football has an appeal to me, but Charlton as a community club deserves to be in the higher leagues in my view)

Really ?????????????
  • 3blokes said:

If money is no object, then buying a London team like CAFC is not a bad punt. Developing area, club has potential to be much greater than it currently is, good marketable history with its support base ( you missed that bit, Roland you muppet) and decent stadium.
    What’s not to like? Yes you might be being pushed to pay a few mill over the odds by the muppet, but he wants to sell, and you want Dubai... sorry, to buy.
    Let the baby have his bottle, make him a deal he can live with, so he saves a bit of face ( to himself if no one else) for his failure here, and let’s move this whole venture on. :+1:
    “I ,for one,welcome our new Overlords” - Kent Brockman.

( whether this investor plaything is the right way forward for English football clubs is another matter entirely, but at the moment, it’s that or extinction, it seems. Lower league football has an appeal to me, but Charlton as a community club deserves to be in the higher leagues in my view)

Really ?????????????
    We're already in the lower leagues and not finding it very appealing

• Non-league won't bother the new lot - they're already familiar with the football pyramid.
  • so when are we actually going to get taken over?

when DOUCHER says we are

Doucher has flounced off in a hissy fit ........... says he won't be back for a while.
  • If RD sees this picture do you think he might decide to stick around and build some houses on the car park ?
  • Phew !

Thank goodness I bought those cheap T towels last week !
  • I must have missed something in the last few days.
    Where has this Arabian rumour sprung from, feavered imaginations?
  • seth plum said:

I must have missed something in the last few days.

Redhenry and Airman. Sort of.

• Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I must have missed something in the last few days.

Redhenry and Airman. Sort of.

Well let me tell you, the prayer mat is out facing Mecca hoping this is true
  • My spelling.
    Apologies.
  • Hex said:

If RD sees this picture do you think he might decide to stick around and build some houses on the car park ?

We want that Model
  • For those of you sliding in to a pit of despair as you unsuccessfully try and avoid this completely mental thread, take your mind off things by completing the Guardian's old football ground quiz. Watch out for the first question on the third quiz though. Bit tricky.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/dec/22/football-stadiums-then-and-now-interactive-quiz

• The leaning tower of Charlton perhaps.
  • A threadbare squad decimated by injuries as we approach the busy festive period. Not a cat's chance in hell of actually paying a fee for any new players during the Jan transfer window. Out of touch with the top two and only above Portsmouth on goals scored. An owner whose ridiculously overinflated idea on the value of cafc will put off every single prospective buyer out there and a manager with no plan b when things get tough.

Get ready for the nose dive down the league folks.

Can't bring myself to click 'Like' on this, cos what's to like? But that's a succinct summary.
    Wondering why the eff I've confirmed to attend on Saturday cos the trains will be in short supply, even before the BTP uniformed maggot at the station holds up our departure for half an hour for no more reason than he's a would be bully with a crippling inferiority complex.
    I'm sure the maggot is in league with Rolly.
  • Missed It said:

Serious question: has there been any Saudi Arabian investment in football?

Sheffield United.

Not sure but this article from 2016 featured in the Evening Standard might give some clues..

https://www.google.dk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/saudi-billionaires-targeting-top-london-clubs-for-takeovers-a3406401.html?amp
    I've no idea if it is Saudi money but I ask because there have been big changes with the kingdom with a more liberal (that is very relative in Saudi terms) crown prince taking control and looking to change the social and economic model.

Part of that could be more investment in areas such as football to compete with Qater and the UAE who are already involved.

Why they would choose Charlton is another question but that is for a different debate.

I trust @Redhenry as a source. IMHO something is happening; whether it will ever be concluded, who knows?

WIOTOS

While the Saudis are looking to diversify their economy away from its oil dependency, I'm not so sure football is a wise investment!

If Saudis are involved, don't expect any deal to get done in a hurry. In my experience, they can be really quite painful to deal with business-wise.
    Yup, had experience with Arabian companies and they seem to be an arse to get last bit of payments from. The trick is to overcharge them 20% because they never pay that 20% or wait 6 months to a year to get round to doing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

Sheffield United.

Not sure but this article from 2016 featured in the Evening Standard might give some clues..

https://www.google.dk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/saudi-billionaires-targeting-top-london-clubs-for-takeovers-a3406401.html?amp
    I've no idea if it is Saudi money but I ask because there have been big changes with the kingdom with a more liberal (that is very relative in Saudi terms) crown prince taking control and looking to change the social and economic model.

Part of that could be more investment in areas such as football to compete with Qater and the UAE who are already involved.

Why they would choose Charlton is another question but that is for a different debate.

I trust @Redhenry as a source. IMHO something is happening; whether it will ever be concluded, who knows?

WIOTOS

While the Saudis are looking to diversify their economy away from its oil dependency, I'm not so sure football is a wise investment!

If Saudis are involved, don't expect any deal to get done in a hurry. In my experience, they can be really quite painful to deal with business-wise.
    Yup, had experience with Arabian companies and they seem to be an arse to get last bit of payments from. The trick is to overcharge them 20% because they never pay that 20% or wait 6 months to a year to get round to doing it.
    I'm nothing to do with the takeover. Or am I?!
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Would rather be penniless than owned by anyone close to the Saudi monarchy.

Hopefully it's just a legitimate businessman.

I couldn’t give two hoots about the ownership, legitimate or not - if they’re filthy rich and allow me to watch us beat palace and millwall on the way to the prem, they’re more the welcome
    You won’t be saying that when we aren’t allowed to drink in the ground, all women have to wait outside for the full 90 minutes, we have to kick right to left at all times and everyone has to face the east stand.
    Allah Akbar
    Allāhu akbar (الله أكبر)
  • Don't make me break out a Jihad...
  • Inshallah this goes through
  • If they really are rich i'll be asking them to tuzawijini
  • Dazzler21 said:

If they really are rich i'll be asking them to tuzawijini

oh and to yuushtara the players that will ensure our turqiat wazifia.
  • edited December 2017
    I wonder if this is just a way for RD to mosque his real intentions?
  • Will scarfy have a new look?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!