Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Will scarfy have a new look?

More importantly, will there be shawarma?
  • Just hope it wont Bahrain'ing when the takeover is complete...
  • edited December 2017
    RedChaser said:

I've heard that the Arabs are in intense negotiations with RD.

Don't get too excited though. These Arabs do everything in tents.

I'll get my coat......

Sorry mate, I've been holding back on this gif with all the Arab 'jokes' but this has just tipped me over the edge :wink:
    Need to relax mate... Or has someone stolen your Turkey for Christmas?

Certainly need to be a little less Syria-ous ;)
  • This thread is duned to fail.
  • Dazzler21 said:

This thread is duned to fail.

Its the Takeover thats Duned... Hearing there is an Acre of land that Roland Israeli keen on keeping
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

RedChaser said:

I've heard that the Arabs are in intense negotiations with RD.

Don't get too excited though. These Arabs do everything in tents.

I'll get my coat......

Sorry mate, I've been holding back on this gif with all the Arab 'jokes' but this has just tipped me over the edge :wink:
    Need to relax mate... Or has someone stolen your Turkey for Christmas?

Certainly need to be a little less Syria-ous ;)
    Talking of Turkeys who's ruffled your feathers :wink:
  • Dubai Horse,
    Dubai Horse,
    Saying Dubai to his horse

that's made me chuckle out loud that has
  • Dazzler21 said:

This thread is duned to fail.

Its the Takeover thats Duned... Hearing there is an Acre of land that Roland Israeli keen on keeping
    Hopefully that's just a bit of hearsay or him Burkha'ing for a better deal...

Some of these are dung puns...
  • Dubai Horse,
    Dubai Horse,
    Saying Dubai to his horse

An actual decent one!
  • Is getting a bit bazaar with all these jokes.
  • This old geezer on the tele named Fred and a Bedrock of information has just said “Abu Dhabi” do I agree with that. As Fred is always right.
  • Guys! It's all a big mistake!

Our latest bidder, 'Simon from Jordan'...

everything about the man summed up in a centre parting and the ring on his finger..
  • Sponsored links:

• Stadium looks to me to be made out of Mecca no.
  • Really hoping this Sheikh-over goes through! Hopefully it'll be UAEasy to rise up the leagues then.
  • all these 'puns' are giving me the hump
  • Reading this thread it's good to know what everybody sphinx.
  • It's modern football, a San'aa of the times...

If we get Middle Eastern ownership, they better find a way to Damascus what we want from the club. Get us on side and we'll support them to Amman, if they follow the Duchatelet approach, it'll just be Algiers from the fans.

But I won't hold my breath until the deal is a Sirte.
  • bellz2002 said:

Really hoping this Sheikh-over goes through! Hopefully it'll be UAEasy to rise up the leagues then.

Fatwa chance.
  • Yeme(a)n it's happening?
  • I have been sorting through the photos etc from clearing my mum's house today and I came across this old postcard. I hope it's not an omen (or should that be an Oman ?).

• Good job i've just missed reading 50 pages of this , and still no takeover close to happening!
  • The premier league always has the drama that brings people back but the recent and even more recent manager merry-go-rounds are a disgrace and it degrades the competition and the sport.

They've gotta do something to stop how frequently managers get sacked. The owners and or chairman get off lightly.

In an ideal world every manager pay off (as long as dismissal is not gross misconduct) should have a 30million pay off which either goes towards expanding grassroots football, or it goes to charity. A much smaller percentage goes to the dismissed manager.

More motivation for them to keep their job, more motivation for the owner to be certain that they get the right man in the 1st place.

Oh yeh, takeover.

Sell the club Roland.

Kangaroo, Dubai, whatever.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!