Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I Camembert it any longer.

Has there been a French offer now?
    Andy Delorts dad has tweeted there is...
  • Someone help me as I'm completely lost...

* Is the second bid from a buyer that has already done DD or is this a totally new buyer and hence yet to do DD
    * If it's from a new buyer what happened to the previous buyer that supposedly did DD?

@Redhenry @Airman Brown

I appreciate we may find out more in VOTV tomorrow and if so just say (we know you're not making it up just to sell more copies!).

I think likely to be a new bidder who hasn’t done DD and that the first one hasn’t completely gone away, but there will be a lot of smoke and mirrors here to confuse the position.
    Thanks. So i would assume if the 2nd 'buyer' were to proceed we could be a long way off completion of a takeover.

Time to close the thread until the summer.

* Is the second bid from a buyer that has already done DD or is this a totally new buyer and hence yet to do DD
    * If it's from a new buyer what happened to the previous buyer that supposedly did DD?

@Redhenry @Airman Brown

I appreciate we may find out more in VOTV tomorrow and if so just say (we know you're not making it up just to sell more copies!).

I think likely to be a new bidder who hasn’t done DD and that the first one hasn’t completely gone away, but there will be a lot of smoke and mirrors here to confuse the position.
    Thanks. So i would assume if the 2nd 'buyer' were to proceed we could be a long way off completion of a takeover.

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that if DD had already been completed a second party could purchase the completed DD from a previous bidder? Is this actually possible @Airman Brown ?

@Redhenry @Airman Brown

Didn't RD only take a month from showing interest to the takeover being completed?
  • According to the VOTV article in the Jimenez getting sued thread, Roland showed interest in Nov 13 and took over in Jan at some point. It does already feel longer this process and I like the thought of being able to purchase completed DD as I don't want us to be back at square one.

• 224 pages and this thread has gone completely cuckoo
  • edited December 2017
  • Scoham said:

Someone help me as I'm completely lost...

@Redhenry @Airman Brown

Didn't RD only take a month from showing interest to the takeover being completed?
    But would you buy the club without the opportunity to bring in new players in the January window? And take on the operating losses for the rest of the season?

Much more likely, in my view, that a takeover will happen either in the next week or so, or at the end of the season.

Was very much hoping it would be before Christmas but that is looking very unlikely now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

bellz2002 said:

According to the VOTV article in the Jimenez getting sued thread, Roland showed interest in Nov 13 and took over in Jan at some point. It does already feel longer this process and I like the thought of being able to purchase completed DD as I don't want us to be back at square one.

RD bought the club inbetween Xmas and New year and did his own DD. Sounds like he was also the only serious buyer left too.
    He saved the club so we should be forever grateful. He's the only possible owner out there, the next one could be a criminal that doesn't pay the bills. We have a wonderful new stock-rearing facility.
    Fixed.
  • Scoham said:

bellz2002 said:

According to the VOTV article in the Jimenez getting sued thread, Roland showed interest in Nov 13 and took over in Jan at some point. It does already feel longer this process and I like the thought of being able to purchase completed DD as I don't want us to be back at square one.

RD bought the club inbetween Xmas and New year and did his own DD. Sounds like he was also the only serious buyer left too.
    He saved the club so we should be forever grateful. He's the only possible owner out there, the next one could be a criminal that doesn't pay the bills. We have a wonderful new training ground.
    Cue a certain occupant of the Directors' Box tomorrow having a huge smirk on her face.....
  • Scoham said:

bellz2002 said:

He saved the club so we should be forever grateful. He's the only possible owner out there, the next one could be a criminal that doesn't pay the bills. We have a wonderful new training ground.
    Cue a certain occupant of the Directors' Box tomorrow having a huge smirk on her face.....
    Nothing new there Fanny.
  • Scoham said:

bellz2002 said:

Not at all what I meant. I want him out as much as anyone
  • Scoham said:

bellz2002 said:

Not at all what I meant. I want him out as much as anyone
    In other words you were being eyeronick..

@Redhenry @Airman Brown

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that if DD had already been completed a second party could purchase the completed DD from a previous bidder? Is this actually possible @Airman Brown ?
    I wouldn’t know about that, but obviously the DD process throws up many of the same questions whoever is doing it, so the club’s lawyers will already have answers / documents for many of the issues, whereas in the first instance they have to be assembled. For that reason it could be quicker.
    My concern is that after doing DD the first lot are not proceeding, for whatever reason.

I'm hoping they're happy with it and are just negotiating a better price for themselves.

Having said that if the second lot really are as exciting as @redhenry says then I'm prepared to wait.
  • edited December 2017
    Just waiting for a Chinese buyout rumour to start.
    If you think the Australian and Arab puns have been off the radar they will pale into insignificance In comparison!
  • I'm willing to do anything I can to help the Swiss bidders. In fact I said to them, 'Geneva hand with that?'
  • The Swiss are mulling it over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Their director of football would be Canton-a.
  • Davo55 would no doubt change his username to Davos55.

• Swiss interest is certainly mountin' ....

.... unlike French interest which is rather, oh, Verdun.
  • I can't sleep.
    I'm so excited at the prospect of seeing Matthews and Mortensen play tomorrow.
  • I'm sorry to disturb your slumbers GlassHalfFull,
    but for the U123 joke I've given you a well deserved LOL. Now go and make yourself a cup of hot cocoa.
  • I'm sorry up_the_valley, I just couldn't sleep and my brain was in a spin.
  • Getting boring now

Now??!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!